Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 138
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
bobarian 11:02 AM 11-05-2009
Originally Posted by msilbernagel:
Anyone have experience with or information about the "Internet Smoke Shop"?

They're at www.internetsmokeshop.com

Primary concern is whether or not they're reputable.

Thanks,

Mark
I see nothing overt that raises a red flag. As Tom said its nice to have a name or number to contact or show legitimacy, but the lack of a storefront does not indicate a fraudulent business.

The prices seem in line with other retailers. Nothing rare or unusual shown as a lure.

As long as you are using a credit card you are protected. The card company will fight your fights if it comes to a fraud issue.

If you see something you want then buy it. :-)
[Reply]
Chris. 03:54 PM 11-05-2009
The website looks nice too, which tells me it's not some cheap scam. I can't believe they don't have a contact number listed...
[Reply]
msilbernagel 05:32 PM 11-05-2009
Got this today in response to a query sent using their 'contact' website:

It was sent from 'Cigarz38@aol.com':

"Hello Mr. Silbernagel,

We have been in the retail/wholesale cigar business for the past 11 years. We just recently added to our business in the past 6 months by adding a web site. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to email us back.

Thank you & We appreciate your business.

Internet Smoke Shop Sales Department"
[Reply]
Kreth 06:54 PM 11-05-2009
Sounds like a B&M that added an online store. They should really set up e-mail through their domain, though. It looks cheesy to me when an online retailer uses a free e-mail account.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pgagnon 08:23 PM 11-07-2009
i just got a colibri torch and im wondering if i REALLY need to refill it with Colibri butane. I ask cause i cant seem to find refill detailers that can ship to canada!
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:23 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by pgagnon:
i just got a colibri torch and im wondering if i REALLY need to refill it with Colibri butane. I ask cause i cant seem to find refill detailers that can ship to canada!
no.
[Reply]
pgagnon 08:25 PM 11-07-2009
any will do? and if not recommandation?
[Reply]
icehog3 09:22 PM 11-07-2009
Lava and Vector seem to be the most highly regarded choices.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 02:46 AM 11-08-2009
any will do? and if not recommandation?
Not any. Any premium stuff (stuff that's been filtered 3-5 times). Avoid regular stuff like Ronson fuel - it can clog the jets on higher-end lighters like your Colibri.
[Reply]
pgagnon 05:34 PM 11-08-2009
yokai! thanks guys
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 04:51 PM 11-11-2009
Hey guys I have had my vino setup for about 1 mth now and I have around 8 boxes in there with about 50 cigars. I have the other ones in my desktop.

question is, I have my temp at 65 degrees, but humidity is at 67-68%. I have 2lbs of beads and 2 oust fans and a 80mm PC fan running on low.

Any idea on why the humidity isn't at 65%? It doesn't really fluctuate much and I do have 65% beads.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:55 PM 11-11-2009
Hygrometer properly calibrated?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:55 PM 11-11-2009
Dry the beads out a bit more to soak up the excess moisture.

:-)
[Reply]
N2Advnture 04:58 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hygrometer properly calibrated?
Beat me to it - lol!

Second suggestion is taking RH readings at various levels as humid air is lighter (less dense) so RH will be higher at the top than the bottom.

I hope this helps

~Mark
[Reply]
Barteur 05:25 PM 11-11-2009
yokai! thanks guys
Patrick, you will find Colibri for couple of dollars in your area, very common in Mtl so must be in QC city.

Any butane will do just make sure its good quality so it dosent clog your lighter.
If you want Colibri and cannot find it, let me know I will send you a bottle.

Have a great one
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 09:43 PM 11-11-2009
They beads are pretty much still over 60% pure white. Only a few are clear.

The hygrometer is maybe is anything1% off. If mark remembers I could not get it exactly to 75% with the salt test. I would get it at 75% and then it would bounce to 76% that fast.

I'll dry the beads out and go from there. .
[Reply]
pnoon 09:46 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
They beads are pretty much still over 60% pure white. Only a few are clear.

The hygrometer is maybe is anything1% off. If mark remembers I could not get it exactly to 75% with the salt test. I would get it at 75% and then it would bounce to 76% that fast.

I'll dry the beads out and go from there. .
Bottom line is to ask yourself, "How are my cigars smoking?"
If you are happy with them, then don't sweat the couple of percentage points. Focus less on the numbers and more on the enjoyment of your cigars. (Keep in mind that the hygrometers most of us use are not precision, laboratory grade devices.)

:-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:02 PM 11-11-2009
/\ Deff true. I haven't noticed anything too bad. Sometimes they dont burn as well as I would hope. I have to relight here and there on some cigars.
[Reply]
T.G 10:24 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
/\ Deff true. I haven't noticed anything too bad. Sometimes they dont burn as well as I would hope. I have to relight here and there on some cigars.
Yeah, but that might not be due to your humidors. If you are smoking a narrow ring cigar and the humidity is high and you are sipping at it, or you are just smoking slowly, expect relights. It's no big thing.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:21 AM 11-12-2009
Ohok, I thought that the way it burned directly correlated to the humidity.

I would assume if the humidity is between 60 and 70 then its ok right? This isnt optimal, but in terms of catastrophic cigar problems ( wetness, splitting ect )

Once again, thanks guys.

EDIT: What is the best way to relight? Sometimes I'll have to relight a smaller RG cigar like you said, I was wondering do I purge it? snip the end?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 138
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Up