Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 54 of 69
« First < 444525354 555664 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
CoffeeWaterBeer 03:33 PM 12-08-2015
solid start Adam. The LBF is one of my go-to blends for it's simplicity.

on topic, I picked up a couple tins of McClelland Black Shag from the 221b series and am in love. There is some strength but not enough to knock you down, very rich and extremely easy to smoke. Burns like a dream straight from the tin.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:54 PM 12-08-2015
Nice score on that pipe rack Adam.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:35 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Nice score on that pipe rack Adam.
I agree. Nice rack purchase Adam:-)

Say, is that a cribbage board I see on top of your humi my friend?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:20 PM 12-09-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
I agree. Nice rack purchase Adam:-)

Say, is that a cribbage board I see on top of your humi my friend?
Yes sir, growing up our thing was playing cards at night, it was good cheap entertainment, every night I would play card games or cribbage with my mom. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:41 PM 12-09-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Yes sir, growing up our thing was playing cards at night, it was good cheap entertainment, every night I would play card games or cribbage with my mom. :-)
I agree. Great way to pass the time and be with family or friends. About 6 years back or so, I was playing with my mom. Dad was sitting in the recliner reading a book. Front door to their place up in the mountains of Pauma Valley was open. Quite night, with only the coyotes howling in the distance. No electronics were on. Mom was laying out some cards, counting off, and then started moving her pegs, and that is when I caught her "cheating." I said, "Hold on a second sister Suzy. I think we miscounted a bit here," and I called the old lady out. "You just cheated on your son. I can't believe it." Mom started laughing so hard, I thought she was gonna pee in her panties. I turned to my Dad, who was just sitting there shaking his head, and I said, "can you believe that crap?" He said, "and now you know why I don't play cards with your mother buddy!":-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:14 PM 12-09-2015
:-) :-) Awesome!

When I was little and we'd play gin rummy and if I begged she would play crazy eights with me, then one day she questioned how I made every right play and I told her I could see the cards in her glasses, that I could always see them. :-) after that she went out and bought the big bold faced cards with the giant letters and numbers and stopped wearing her reading glasses when we played :-) Good times indeed.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 06:14 AM 12-10-2015
Great stories guys :-) Made me smile and remember playing rummy with my Mother , Grandma, and great Aunts. Incidentally, My great Aunt Peg smoked a pipe. I was always fascinated by it, a large electric blue bulldog.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:29 PM 12-10-2015
So after reading Penzance this and Esoterica that, as well as reading how it's bigger on the internet (phrasing), I shot over to my local Tobacco shop because people said you will have better luck at a B&M. I headed over at lunch time and was looking through the tins, I didn't even see Esoterica (of any kind) on the shelves, then I literally look down right next to where my hand was and ... BAM!! So I bought the five they had. Also while not technically my first tin purchase, I did a sampler off P and S that they are obviously delivering via Panda bear, this is my first tin purchase in hand. :-)

[Reply]
DMK 02:48 PM 12-10-2015
Do you want to sell one?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:03 PM 12-10-2015
Nope.

:-)

PM incoming
[Reply]
mahtofire14 03:21 PM 12-10-2015
Nice score!
[Reply]
stevieray 04:55 PM 12-10-2015
So after reading Penzance this and Esoterica that, as well as reading how it's bigger on the internet (phrasing), I shot over to my local Tobacco shop because people said you will have better luck at a B&M. I headed over at lunch time and was looking through the tins, I didn't even see Esoterica (of any kind) on the shelves, then I literally look down right next to where my hand was and ... BAM!! So I bought the five they had. Also while not technically my first tin purchase, I did a sampler off P and S that they are obviously delivering via Panda bear, this is my first tin purchase in hand. :-)

Chalk that one up to "beginners luck" :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:16 PM 12-10-2015
Wow.... Wow..... Wow.....
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 06:17 PM 12-10-2015
That's a very nice score. Do they have any of the other esoterica blends?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:33 PM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
That's a very nice score. Do they have any of the other esoterica blends?
No that's all they had so I grabbed them, seems I've already promised three of these out :-). I might try their other location or at least call them.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:49 PM 12-10-2015
No that's all they had so I grabbed them, seems I've already promised three of these out :-). I might try their other location or at least call them.
In your travels, If you ever run into Pelican pipe tobacco keep me in mind :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:57 PM 12-10-2015
It's nice of you to be so generous in sharing your good fortune with the fellow botb.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:47 PM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
In your travels, If you ever run into Pelican pipe tobacco keep me in mind :-)
So now I don't remember if I saw one of those tins in the shop or just saw a picture online :-) When I go back I'll look :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:23 PM 12-12-2015
Picked this up off of fleabay for about 50% of the price of one new out of the box, already figured out I really like the bent billiards and apples.

Savinelli Santa Maria 606KS.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:59 PM 12-12-2015
My last pick-ups for 2015, which should bring inventory up to a manageable level:-)

Savinelli Santa Maria 606KS.

Thats a great looking Savinelli Adam. That should help you further along this new slope your on...:-)
[Reply]
Page 54 of 69
« First < 444525354 555664 > Last »
Up