Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Determining the value of vintage cigars, Fuente Opus X
KAP 01:14 PM 11-20-2015
I have 2 Fuente Fuente Opus X cigars from 1998 that have been kept in my humidor (fresh) all these years. They are both 5 5⁄8 x 46. They are pristine.

Was wondering if anyone had a guess as to what they would bring today?

Thanks.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:21 PM 11-20-2015
Welcome to Cigar Asylum. Please take a look around and familiarize yourself with our rules and guidelines. While asking for opinions about valuing your cigars is acceptable, you are not permitted to offer them for sale here until you gain access to our Want To Sell sub forum. Access is granted after a short period of time and participation.

Sorry I can't help you with valuing your FFOX.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:32 PM 11-20-2015
PM xman.
[Reply]
Weelok 02:33 PM 11-20-2015
Welcome to forum Kap. Head over to the introduction side and say hi.

Vintage cigars a a fickle business, some love them, some despise. I would say that as an infrequent buyer of others inventory, I don't pay much attention to age and in fact generally lower what in willing to pay if they are older then 2 years. But as I said, everyone is different. My recommendation is you smoke them, post pictures, and tell us your thoughts.
[Reply]
Remo 02:53 PM 11-20-2015
Like Dave said, value may go down as NC's don't seem to age like CC's in fact I have smoked some older NC's and they had lost a lot of flavor.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:44 PM 11-20-2015
lmgtfy
[Reply]
nutcracker 03:48 PM 11-20-2015
The short answer is "not a lot" - certainly not as much as you might think having gazed longingly at them for all these years.

Sadly, even though CC's improve with age, there are very few (if any) cigars that appreciate in value.
Aside from some "gee whiz where did you find that" cigars, NC's are probably worth less than current retail in the same vitola.

Only one thing to do man......

Smoke 'em!

Should go nicely with a decent cognac!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:48 PM 11-20-2015
Pm MK05
[Reply]
icehog3 05:00 PM 11-20-2015
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Pm MK05
Tell him "Huy sent me".
[Reply]
E.J. 07:05 PM 11-23-2015
On the flip side, FFOX is a line that is generally considered something that ages great, actually some would argue, needs age.

That said, two single sticks, no way to verify age, no history selling cigars(assuming this)...probably lucky to get much more than MSRP.

My $.02
[Reply]
Up