Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>USPS box shortage
cmitch 09:29 AM 02-02-2021
This is unbelieveable. Post office has no priority mail boxes of any size. We order flat rates and was told 3 weeks out. By hook and crook, I procured 3 so far but need 3 more because I've had to delay a bombing run because of it. Anybody else seeing this?
[Reply]
markem 09:40 AM 02-02-2021
I'm not seeing it at the 2 post offices I go to in my area. Did you order online? They deliver those free.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:00 AM 02-02-2021
I think your local is feeding you bs because somebody screwed up there. I was just in the local PO and they had tons of boxes back in the corner stacked from floor to ceiling. All sizes.

Maybe try in a neighboring county's PO? Also, unless you are sending a heavy box (for a flat rate), regular plain boxes shipped priority cost pretty much the same.
[Reply]
cmitch 10:46 AM 02-02-2021
Every bin was empty and we ordered the small flat rate boxes online at work. 3 weeks out to delivery. Yeah, it is apparent locals dropped the ball.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:22 AM 02-02-2021
I Think It's Probably A Local Issue, Too. My Daughter In Atlanta Is Missing Mail From Around Christmas Time! We've Received Most Of Our Mail, But It Seems The Post Office Is Not As Efficient, Mistake Free As It Used To Be??? Blame It On COVID, I Guess.:-)
[Reply]
jledou 04:07 PM 02-02-2021
It's believable, sad but believable.
[Reply]
sigsauer 06:11 PM 02-02-2021
the reason there is no boxes available is that they can't do their job anymore........they have plenty of boxes but too much mail that they seem to forget how to deliver in a timely manner.........
[Reply]
sigsauer 06:11 PM 02-02-2021
short answer....dump USPS and use UPS
[Reply]
longknocker 05:25 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
short answer....dump USPS and use UPS
Good point, Tom. More Expensive, But Worth It!:-). I've Never Had A Lost Package With UPS.
[Reply]
cmitch 07:29 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Good point, Tom. More Expensive, But Worth It!:-). I've Never Had A Lost Package With UPS.
I've had worse luck with UPS. I cannot count the times they have destroyed a package of mine and claimed it was insufficiently packaged and refused to pay for it. If it cannot be dropped from a 100 story building and land on the corner, we didn't pack it right. The problem is that in the U.S., laws protect shipping companies to the point they can get away with rolling over your package with a steam roller and not have to compensate you for it. I seen a video of a FedEx working throwing a 47" flat panel TV over a fence and had it not been for the video, the recipient still would not have resolution to it. BTW, 10 small flat rate boxes arrived yesterday.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:52 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I've had worse luck with UPS. I cannot count the times they have destroyed a package of mine and claimed it was insufficiently packaged and refused to pay for it. If it cannot be dropped from a 100 story building and land on the corner, we didn't pack it right. The problem is that in the U.S., laws protect shipping companies to the point they can get away with rolling over your package with a steam roller and not have to compensate you for it. I seen a video of a FedEx working throwing a 47" flat panel TV over a fence and had it not been for the video, the recipient still would not have resolution to it. BTW, 10 small flat rate boxes arrived yesterday.
Wow!!! Do You Prefer Fedex Or UPS??? It Always Seems Fedex Always Takes Longer.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:53 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by cmitch:
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:38 PM 02-07-2021
I’ve had issues with USPS, UPS and FedEx. They are all hard to deal with when you have a problem. USPS is mostly reliable and does a fine job for a good price. UPS is second and FedEx is third, IMHO.
[Reply]
Up