Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Prestige Import Group "The Milano" Humidor
rgrecco 12:21 AM 09-19-2020
Hey there. Coming back from a long hiatus. Still been enjoying some sticks here and there but COVID got me enjoying them more recently...

I am looking to get a new humidor but not looking to spend a fortune. My collection will probably never get over 100 sticks, but who knows... thats what I say now...

I'm looking at the Prestige Import Group "Milano" Humidor.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261729604961

Does anyone have any experience with it?

It looks nice, will match my furniture in the room, and I would like a glass door to show off the sticks.

I would use a Cigar Oasis Ultra 3.0 for humidity...

Can anyone provide any insight? Or any other recommendations? Im trying to stay in the $150 ballpark for the humidor knowing the active humidifier will run me another $120ish.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!

RON
[Reply]
icehog3 09:07 AM 09-19-2020
Personally Ron, I would avoid a humidor with 4 glass sides. Too much potential for leaks. Looks cool, but you want functionality too.
[Reply]
rgrecco 10:41 AM 09-19-2020
That's what I thought too...

Anything out there with just a glass door thats around 70-125 count thats in Dark Wood and around $150 or less?

RON
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:29 PM 09-19-2020
Many of the humidors sold by the major retailers are made in China and imported by Quality Importers. They are OK, and as Tom said above, the less glass the better. I have one of these imports (Ravello 300 ct) and it has served me well for many years.

You should expect that the seal on these humidors will not be perfect, but it will be good enough, especially if you are trying to avoid spending a lot of money.

I did have a humidor very similar to the Milano you are looking at, and while it looks nice, it actually does not hold very many cigars — it’s meant for a retail display.

If you have leaks, you can use some silicone aquarium sealant to seal the joints and a little painters tape will often improve the seal on the lid. The end result is a humidor that works well and did not cost a body-part.

Another thing, humidors need to be seasoned more than once. Twice a year works well. This will ensure that the wood stays moist and the joints stay tight.

Most of these are also available on Amazon for a decent price. Good luck and Welcome Home!

Just my :-)
[Reply]
Neuromancer 12:43 PM 09-19-2020
I've been able to score a couple of decent humidors from one of the online cigar auctions...dunno if I'm allowed to mention the name, but they have stuff on count-down timers and if they have something you like you can just sit there doing something else and keeping an eye on the timer...when you see it reset a couple of times you'll get a hang for how low it goes, and I've been able to score a few at about half MSRP...
[Reply]
icehog3 01:41 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
I've been able to score a couple of decent humidors from one of the online cigar auctions...dunno if I'm allowed to mention the name, but they have stuff on count-down timers and if they have something you like you can just sit there doing something else and keeping an eye on the timer...when you see it reset a couple of times you'll get a hang for how low it goes, and I've been able to score a few at about half MSRP...
As long as they don't sell Cubans, you can go right ahead My Friend. :-)
[Reply]
rgrecco 02:02 PM 09-19-2020
Would it be Cigarbid.com?
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 03:30 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Many of the humidors sold by the major retailers are made in China and imported by Quality Importers. They are OK, and as Tom said above, the less glass the better. I have one of these imports (Ravello 300 ct) and it has served me well for many years.
I miss the humidors that go whoosh when you close them. I know it was just Lew’s sales BS, but it made them better!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:01 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by rgrecco:
Would it be Cigarbid.com?
Bingo. :-)
[Reply]
Up