Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 52 of 225
« First < 242505152 535462102152 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Starscream 01:56 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Its a dick head move. I don't care if you don't go out to dinner with the guy after the game, but he made a good play in an AllStar game that gave the NL home field advantage and a win for the first time in 15 years. Now maybe its not a big deal for the NL to have home field advantage for the Reds because they won't be there. Give the guy a high five. :-)
I tend to agree, but I also like the fact that he is a diehard fan of his own team.
MC Hammer rocked the house, but I think no one else knew any of the songs but me. :-)
:-):-) Glad you had a good time!:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:03 PM 07-17-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I tend to agree, but I also like the fact that he is a diehard fan of his own team.
Again, if he doesn't want to go to the dinner with the guy, thats fine. He may play for the Cubs some day. Who knows? We aren't talking Red Sox-Yankees here. The Cubs are hardly relevant this year and the Reds haven't been in years, there isn't a huge rivalry, its not a head-to-head game and it was irrelevant to either of them individually, give the guy a high five. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:46 PM 07-17-2010
Again, if he doesn't want to go to the dinner with the guy, thats fine. He may play for the Cubs some day. Who knows? We aren't talking Red Sox-Yankees here. The Cubs are hardly relevant this year and the Reds haven't been in years, there isn't a huge rivalry, its not a head-to-head game and it was irrelevant to either of them individually, give the guy a high five. :-)
Anything good from the 90 team last night? I hear Eric Davis (The MAN!) said that they weren't Lou's team. They were still Pete's team. And Lou made an appearance on the screen w/ his Cubs hat still on.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:50 AM 07-18-2010
Sabo inducted into Reds Hall of Fame last night.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:54 PM 07-18-2010
Travis Wood was Awesome today. Too bad our offense couldn't get the job done. Ten left stranded...
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:01 PM 07-18-2010
Travis Wood was Awesome today. Too bad our offense couldn't get the job done. Ten left stranded...
Yeah. Nice job by Brandon Phillps today. 0-5 :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 08:31 PM 07-18-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Yeah. Nice job by Brandon Phillps today. 0-5 :-)
Can't fault him...looks like the entire team fell flat today. If I'm not mistaken he had a HR and 3 RBI's last night.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:32 PM 07-18-2010
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Can't fault him...looks like the entire team fell flat today. If I'm not mistaken he had a HR and 3 RBI's last night.
I know... I just hate his constant HR swing. In the last at bat of the game, all the closer threw him were breaking balls down and away. Rather than just make contact, he kept swinging for the fences :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:24 PM 07-18-2010
I know... I just hate his constant HR swing. In the last at bat of the game, all the closer threw him were breaking balls down and away. Rather than just make contact, he kept swinging for the fences :-)
Kind of like the rest of our team. There is no true leadoff hitter on the team. 2 out of 3 isn't bad, would have been only one if we faced Jimenez, but we got two wins off a bad team. On to another bad team next too. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:05 PM 07-19-2010
It was a bad at bat, but you can't blame him for the loss. It was a team effort. The only one who gets no blame in this one is Wood.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:36 AM 07-21-2010
Reds win! Reds win! :-)

Facing Strasburg tonight....
[Reply]
Starscream 11:40 AM 07-21-2010
Reds win! Reds win! :-)

Facing Strasburg tonight....
I'm nervous about this one. I hope we light him up!
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:43 AM 07-21-2010
I'm nervous about this one. I hope we light him up!
That would be awesome! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:36 PM 07-21-2010
Not looking good tonight... I'm guessing we'll be 1 1/2 back in the morning.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:07 PM 07-21-2010
I am not sure what to think about them signing Isringhausen. Thoughts?
[Reply]
waffle 08:36 PM 07-21-2010
Uggh down 3 in the top of the 9th... welp there goes the wildcard too...
[Reply]
Starscream 08:40 PM 07-21-2010
I am not sure what to think about them signing Isringhausen. Thoughts?
It's a waste IMHO.
Originally Posted by waffle:
Uggh down 3 in the top of the 9th... welp there goes the wildcard too...
I'm depressed too, but it's not over yet.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:47 PM 07-21-2010
How is it that Cabrera is all of a sudden turning into a hitting machine, yet the rest of the team is looking pathetic as of late? Game over...:-)
[Reply]
waffle 08:57 PM 07-21-2010
How is it that Cabrera is all of a sudden turning into a hitting machine, yet the rest of the team is looking pathetic as of late? Game over...:-)
The real issue is the hot and cold streaks the Reds get into... 7 runs in one game... none in the next.... grrrr I wanna see another world series in Cincinnati... I was 7 and went to both games in Cincinnati... what an experience!!!!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:22 PM 07-22-2010
Got to keep the Cards losing, because we certainly aren't looking good right now. :-)

Why does Drew Stubbs suck so bad? :-)
[Reply]
Page 52 of 225
« First < 242505152 535462102152 > Last »
Up