Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 44
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Show a picture of a great pair!!!
SmokinApe 06:31 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
You know, this takes me back to the Cigar Afficianado thread, a thread more about cigar snobs (those who smoke their cigars more for the band than the taste).

Why do I say that? Because I might be a beer snob... :-)

Personally, a light beer is a waste of the ingredients used to make it, I cannot stand the stuff - it has no flavor to me. However, it isn't my tastebuds that matter when you drink it. I'd say the cigar you chose would put anybody in a good enough mood to make just about anything enjoyable.

Anyway, my whole reason for this post was to say that I might have to change my tag line to include "drink what you like and enjoy it."

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Great post Rev... I like to drink plain old beer and I can't tell you how often some ding dong starts giving me the business, it really is an almost daily conversation... anyway take care; drink, smoke and be merry...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:21 AM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Old Pulteney scotch and an old La Corona.
Great scotch:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:19 AM 10-24-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
You know, this takes me back to the Cigar Afficianado thread, a thread more about cigar snobs (those who smoke their cigars more for the band than the taste).

It goes hand in hand with:

1. for (beer) instance... porters are porters and im sure there are two porters out there that might taste exactly the same. Lets assume we have two porters that are identically tasting.... but one is a well known porter and one is a microbrew from kalamazoo....but the person says they ONLY like the lesser known brand to sound like they have a deeper and more snobbish knowledge of the "underground" beer industry.

is that what you mean in essence?

Point number 2:

In terms of music the same can be had for people that like certain genres... People tend to try and find bands like the mainstream ones they like that are not well known in attempt to look as if they are deeper into the music scene...

did i confuse people? does anybody agree with me?
[Reply]
Wanger 07:57 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
It goes hand in hand with:

1. for (beer) instance... porters are porters and im sure there are two porters out there that might taste exactly the same. Lets assume we have two porters that are identically tasting.... but one is a well known porter and one is a microbrew from kalamazoo....but the person says they ONLY like the lesser known brand to sound like they have a deeper and more snobbish knowledge of the "underground" beer industry.

is that what you mean in essence?

Point number 2:

In terms of music the same can be had for people that like certain genres... People tend to try and find bands like the mainstream ones they like that are not well known in attempt to look as if they are deeper into the music scene...

did i confuse people? does anybody agree with me?
Makes complete sense to me.

I've been getting into stouts a lot lately myself, and trying to find all kinds of good ones, and have been able to try several new ones, and found some that I really like. While I like these full bodies, full flavored beers, Miller Lite will work for me also. There's a time and place for each beer (and cigar). For example, I don't think you'd be smoking a Cohiba Sublime or something rare while moving the lawn or raking the leaves in the fall.

But ultimately...to each his own. Drink and smoke what you like. :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:12 PM 10-28-2009
Damn good pair right here! Boulevard Seeyoulater Dopplebock aged on cedar and a Kendall 7-20-4. I highly recommend this beer if you can find it. I think it would pair extreamly well with just about any cigar!!!
Attached: Seeyoulator 003.jpg (49.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:48 PM 11-09-2009
Crown and Coke with a Cruzado Marelas!!!:-)
That glass always takes me back to the good ol' days!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:33 AM 11-10-2009
Nice Darrell!! How are those Cruzados?
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:40 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice Darrell!! How are those Cruzados?
Delicious!!! Leather, spice, and everything nice!!!:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:44 PM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Delicious!!! Leather, spice, and everything nice!!!:-)
:-) I liked the ones Ive had
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:48 PM 11-14-2009
Since I was feeling sorry for myself missing EYH II I went out and made a small beer run

Here is what I am pairing first and so far it is going well

[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:43 PM 11-15-2009
St Bernardus Abt 12 is my all time favorite beer. I havent had any other St Bernardus though. Nice glass, I want one!!!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:00 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Poronico:
:-) Now that is what I am talking about! Bier Frau! She is very pretty indeed.
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:41 PM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
St Bernardus Abt 12 is my all time favorite beer. I havent had any other St Bernardus though. Nice glass, I want one!!!
The sampler came with the glass, it just showed up at the stores for the holidays. You get one of each plus the glass

Oh and the pairing above was a perfect match :-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:37 PM 11-16-2009
Very nice! I need to see if I can find a sampler locally.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:05 PM 11-16-2009
Nice looking stuff Albert:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:27 AM 11-21-2009
Travis (BeerAdvocate) hit me a week ago with home-brewed beer and Oliva cigars!!! I figured this could be a great combination... I was right!!!
Travis' Seven Field's Dry Hop IPA was a hopfest!!! The first few sips offered a strong hops punch and a pleasant bitterness!!! Then it smoothed out with good balance of citrus and some pine!!! Seven Fields IPA paired perfectly with the Oliva Connecticut Robusto!!! The sweetness from the cigar paired nicely with the citrus of the ale!!!

Thanks so much Travis!!!
:-)
[Reply]
eber 04:57 PM 11-21-2009
had a couple good ones recently

LFD L200 Cabinet with a Red Stripe

08 Montecristo #4 with Johnnie Walker Black label 100 yr anniversary
[Reply]
romwarrior 03:30 PM 11-23-2009
Had a RASCC with a 60-Min IPA yesterday. Great combo, but I have yet to find anything that DOESN'T go with the 60-Min. And I mean ANYTHING.

[Reply]
akumushi 10:29 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Had a RASCC with a 60-Min IPA yesterday. Great combo, but I have yet to find anything that DOESN'T go with the 60-Min. And I mean ANYTHING.
X2! I love the Dogfish Head. I just tried their seasonal chickory stout today and it was pretty awesome. Would have paired well with a RASS if I still had any:-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:57 AM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:

I haven't tried it yet, but that seems like a match made in heaven--my favorite cc with one of my favorite IPAs!

I had the good fortune of visiting the DFH Brewery a few months ago. Got pictures around somewhere that I can post. First time I had their Palo Santo Marron, Burton Baton & Pangaea. Great stuff! I picked up a big bottle of Theobroma last weekend, should be an interesting brew:

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits.../theobroma.htm
[Reply]
Page 10 of 44
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up