Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 49 of 99
« First < 39474849 505159 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
larryinlc 01:19 PM 01-05-2012
I bought one of these just before Christmas when Ashford had them marked at 229.00. I couldn't pass it up. Now, at 1000.00 retail, no way would I buy, but it's really nice and well built and for the price I paid, it was a great deal.
Attached: $(KGrHqYOKkQE3tSu-pqJBN8QfmTlq!~~0_12.JPG (18.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Coop 01:32 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
I bought one of these just before Christmas when Ashford had them marked at 229.00. I couldn't pass it up. Now, at 1000.00 retail, no way would I buy, but it's really nice and well built and for the price I paid, it was a great deal.
Good pick up!!! I've always liked the Movado's. Probably why I have had a few over the years
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:40 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
Wow, it's actually modern and attactive watch; not something I usually think of with Movado. When I think of Movado, I picture the cliche 80's style watch which this is not.

Quite stylish and a good buy for an established CH brand at $229! Well done.
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:33 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Coop:
Apples to apple's really. Both very nice watches!
It's like cigars, wear what you like, like what you wear. That's why they make more than one style watch/cigar!
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:34 PM 01-05-2012
Only if the defense shores up a bit, I honestly think we can outscore any team in the league, only thing is our defense is quite frankly...offensive. But Jennings is back, and says he's as healthy and fresh as ever, so...

Off topic, you think green bay can repeat???

[Reply]
Coop 03:49 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Only if the defense shores up a bit, I honestly think we can outscore any team in the league, only thing is our defense is quite frankly...offensive. But Jennings is back, and says he's as healthy and fresh as ever, so...
Well I won't lie... I'm hoping GB loses it this year!!!

Bears Fan here :-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 12:42 PM 01-08-2012
Hey it don't matter to me who roots for who, support your team!

Well I won't lie... I'm hoping GB loses it this year!!!

Bears Fan here :-)

[Reply]
hammondc 05:12 PM 01-09-2012
I have pretty much decided on this watch. Now, I just need to find one for a reasonable price. Someone mentioned the asian market but holy crap there are a lot of them. I have my eye out at some local places and on timezone for a preowned piece. New is just over $4k. I'd like to get it for $2500. Long shot, I know, but that is where I am.

[Reply]
Taki 05:43 PM 01-09-2012
Very nice Chip :-) I don't think I could trust the asian market but I am not sure?? Good luck brother :-)
[Reply]
jsnake 06:06 PM 01-09-2012
Santa (me) brought this and put it under the tree.

[Reply]
Coop 07:00 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by jsnake:

I need to tell Santa you weren't that good!!!
[Reply]
Volusianator 07:47 PM 01-09-2012
A Bolt, VERY nice, I'd love one of those, in the Zeus line if I win the lotto, preferably brown! Sweet watch man, very sweet.

Originally Posted by jsnake:

[Reply]
croatan 02:44 PM 01-11-2012
Just got this yesterday. Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 ("moonwatch"). I have a panda dial (white with black subdials) as well as silver hands on order. My plan is to have a local watchmaker switch them out for me--Omega made 300 of this style for the Japanese market 10+ years ago but I've not seen one for sale so I'm just building my own. Will post more pics if/when that happens. For now, though, I am really enjoying this watch as-is.

[Reply]
Coop 02:50 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by croatan:
Just got this yesterday. Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 ("moonwatch"). I have a panda dial (white with black subdials) as well as silver hands on order. My plan is to have a local watchmaker switch them out for me--Omega made 300 of this style for the Japanese market 10+ years ago but I've not seen one for sale so I'm just building my own. Will post more pics if/when that happens. For now, though, I am really enjoying this watch as-is.

I actually sold an original Moon Watch from '68. Wish I would have held onto it, but I needed the funds for another project
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:57 PM 01-11-2012
That is beautiful and looks awesome with your shirt and jacket!

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 03:00 PM 01-11-2012

Very classy watch!
[Reply]
croatan 03:08 PM 01-11-2012
I actually sold an original Moon Watch from '68. Wish I would have held onto it, but I needed the funds for another project
Those are cool. Such history with the watch. I'm already thinking that after I do the modification on this one, I may have to have one of those pre-moon versions.
[Reply]
croatan 03:13 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
That is beautiful and looks awesome with your shirt and jacket!

It actually wears smaller than it looks in that cell phone pic and goes under a shirt sleeve with no problem, which after wearing a bigger watch, I appreciate (btw, I'm pretty impressed with the new iPhone camera--that pic, hastily snapped in the car right after I unboxed it, turned out much better than I thought it would).
[Reply]
Volusianator 04:02 PM 01-11-2012
No doubt, it's a very nice quality pic, especially for a phone!
[Reply]
Coop 04:16 PM 01-11-2012
I thought that was a very expensive camera from that picture!!! Really nice camera on that iPhone
[Reply]
Page 49 of 99
« First < 39474849 505159 > Last »
Up