Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>A. Fuente Works of Art
BlackDog 10:16 AM 11-04-2008
How come Fuente Works of Art aren't more readily available? I can find pretty much all of the other Hemingway vitolas, but the WOA seems never to be available. I think these would sell like wild fire if they were more available. Does anyone know?
[Reply]
barbourjay 10:20 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
How come Fuente Works of Art aren't more readily available? I can find pretty much all of the other Hemingway vitolas, but the WOA seems never to be available. I think these would sell like wild fire if they were more available. Does anyone know?
the same reason that the FFOX and Anejos are only available at certain times of year. it keeps the hype and demand up.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:27 AM 11-04-2008
If everyone could get them, they wouldn't be special...
[Reply]
dunng 10:34 AM 11-04-2008
Along with the Hemingway Maduros... :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 10:36 AM 11-04-2008
Yep, harder to find. Let's not even mention the maduros. :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 10:40 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
the same reason that the FFOX and Anejos are only available at certain times of year. it keeps the hype and demand up.
I keep falling for it. :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:40 AM 11-04-2008
Marketing! If they flooded the market, they wouldn't sell as well... they are a bit pricey for what you get.
[Reply]
barbourjay 10:44 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Marketing! If they flooded the market, they wouldn't sell as well... they are a bit pricey for what you get.

I'd say the WOAM is actually a pretty good value for the money at MSRP at 7.35 each. with some age they are really great smokes.
[Reply]
silentjon 10:45 AM 11-04-2008
I'd say the WOAM is actually a pretty good value for the money at MSRP at 7.35 each. with some age they are really great smokes.
Agreed - these age very nicely.
[Reply]
gnukfu 11:08 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
Along with the Hemingway Maduros... :-)
mmmmm....they're calling me from my cooler Greg but I am ignoring them...this Oliva V Maduro is keeping me busy.
[Reply]
dunng 11:18 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
mmmmm....they're calling me from my cooler Greg but I am ignoring them...this Oliva V Maduro is keeping me busy.
I hear you... I think I have one or two left, the rest hit the fire early! :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:28 AM 11-04-2008
Very true... but you are one of the lucky ones that can get them at MSRP lol... Us poor bastards in CO don't get that luxury. Our tax is a bit high lol and we don't usually come across the rare stuff here anyway. Most of the WOAMS that I have came from online and I can't get them for less than $10-12 each. For the same price I can get a classic maduro or a signature maduro and I actually prefer those anyway...

For a box of Franks out here from the Havana Manor in Longmont, it was $225 out the door for a box... or $169 for the smokes and $56 for the state of Colorado and the Longmont sales tax. That made it about 33% tax on those sticks... :-)
[Reply]
barbourjay 12:21 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Very true... but you are one of the lucky ones that can get them at MSRP lol... Us poor bastards in CO don't get that luxury. Our tax is a bit high lol and we don't usually come across the rare stuff here anyway. Most of the WOAMS that I have came from online and I can't get them for less than $10-12 each. For the same price I can get a classic maduro or a signature maduro and I actually prefer those anyway...

For a box of Franks out here from the Havana Manor in Longmont, it was $225 out the door for a box... or $169 for the smokes and $56 for the state of Colorado and the Longmont sales tax. That made it about 33% tax on those sticks... :-)
that sucks, you should just order from out of state. even with FL taxes i got two boxes for 169 each no shipping and no tax :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 01:29 PM 11-04-2008
that sucks, you should just order from out of state. even with FL taxes i got two boxes for 169 each no shipping and no tax :-)
Damn... you lucky little... :-):-)

I do order most of my stuff from out of state since a lot of it isn't even sold here (the stuff that I smoke most anyway), but I don't mind supporting the local shops as much as I can...

They drive the tax any higher and they will put all those shops out of business though...
[Reply]
8lug 04:33 PM 11-04-2008
Call Darlene at Tamp sweethearts. She has boxes of WOA and short storys most of the time. I even get hemi classic maduros there too. always at MSRP.

Very nice people to do business with
[Reply]
LkyLindy 05:52 PM 11-04-2008
Try to score a between the lines and see how far you get
[Reply]
barbourjay 06:13 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by 8lug:
Call Darlene at Tamp sweethearts. She has boxes of WOA and short storys most of the time. I even get hemi classic maduros there too. always at MSRP.

Very nice people to do business with
the naturals yes, they often do have in stock. the maduros are currently out right now except for the classics and signatures which they limit purchases on.

this past weekend they sent out an email about a "brat pack" which was two WOAN and WOAM and two BTL's. it was a good price for what you get but i honestly don't really care for the naturals.

august last year i could buy four at a time from there.
[Reply]
smokinj 06:56 PM 11-04-2008
the naturals yes, they often do have in stock. the maduros are currently out right now except for the classics and signatures which they limit purchases on.

this past weekend they sent out an email about a "brat pack" which was two WOAN and WOAM and two BTL's. it was a good price for what you get but i honestly don't really care for the naturals.

august last year i could buy four at a time from there.
If you don't mind me asking, how much was this sampler?:-)
[Reply]
barbourjay 07:39 PM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by smokinj:
If you don't mind me asking, how much was this sampler?:-)
56 i believe which is right as MSRP.
[Reply]
Cigary 07:59 PM 11-04-2008
For the same reason that Opus X is marketed. Methinks that Fuente knows how to keep up demand but also they know how to make a great cigar. You just have to find the B&M's that have done business with the family over the years and then you can get the "hard to find" cigars.
[Reply]
Up