Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Sports>World Cup Banter
ColdCuts 09:27 AM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Wondering about the injuries to Altidore and Besler, too.

Just finished watching Brazil/Mexico. Very intense match.
I'm no expert, but watching that injury as it happened, I think Altidore is done for the tournament. :-) Besler's injury appeared much less severe. Jozy reported feeling a pop, whereas Besler complained of tightness. I bet Besler will be back. I'm not sure what Klinsmann will do if Altidore can't go. Wondolowski?

As for Brazil vs Mexico, now THAT was an exciting 0-0 match. :-)

Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C058wv48oms

too funny not to post.
I just read about an interesting study on cheating in the World Cup called Cheating The Beautiful Game. Better than the article, was the companion video at the top of the page. In the video, there is footage of what's now referred to as The Battle Of Santiago, a 1962 World Cup match between Chile and Italy. That one really got out of hand. :-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 09:45 AM 06-18-2014
Me and my friends have a huge pool going and I have Mexico and Brazil advancing yesterday's game was HUGE for me!! As my major upset I have Netherlands not advancing hope Spain gets their **** together and Chile keeps momentum!!
[Reply]
Boz 02:12 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
No doubt.
Wondering about the injuries to Altidore and Besler, too.

Just finished watching Brazil/Mexico. Very intense match.
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:
I'm no expert, but watching that injury as it happened, I think Altidore is done for the tournament. :-) Besler's injury appeared much less severe. Jozy reported feeling a pop, whereas Besler complained of tightness. I bet Besler will be back. I'm not sure what Klinsmann will do if Altidore can't go. Wondolowski?

As for Brazil vs Mexico, now THAT was an exciting 0-0 match. :-)

I just read about an interesting study on cheating in the World Cup called Cheating The Beautiful Game. Better than the article, was the companion video at the top of the page. In the video, there is footage of what's now referred to as The Battle Of Santiago, a 1962 World Cup match between Chile and Italy. That one really got out of hand. :-)

That's what I was thinking. Maybe one of the best 0-0 games I've ever watched :-) Mexico's Ochoa was on fire.
[Reply]
DMK 06:58 PM 06-19-2014
Could the reffing sucked any more??
It was painful watching the Greece / Japan match.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 01:30 PM 06-22-2014
Anybody have a prediction for USA vs Portugal? It's kicking-off in two and a half hours! :-)
[Reply]
themoneycollector 01:50 PM 06-22-2014
2-1 usa :-)
[Reply]
DMK 02:05 PM 06-22-2014
1-0 portugal
[Reply]
Gabe215 02:14 PM 06-22-2014
3-1 Portugal
[Reply]
themoneycollector 05:55 PM 06-22-2014
FML
[Reply]
hotreds 06:02 PM 06-22-2014
*&^%$#@!!!!!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:34 PM 06-22-2014
Tuukka Rask in goal for the US? :-)
[Reply]
ColdCuts 06:58 AM 06-23-2014
I don't want to spoil it for anybody. Is it safe to banter about USA vs Portugal?
[Reply]
shade 07:09 AM 06-23-2014
I don't want to spoil it for anybody. Is it safe to banter about USA vs Portugal?
Is it safe?

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzw1_2b-I7A&feature=kp
[Reply]
pnoon 07:32 AM 06-23-2014
No issues here.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 09:19 AM 06-23-2014
Not for nothing, we could have won that match had we only managed the clock better in added time. And we had numerous chances to do that.

In case it went unnoticed, Geoff Cameron, who was responsible for the horrible clearance that lead to Nani's opening goal, was also the US player who lost his man on Portugal's second. :-)

Can we get a point off of Germany on Thursday?
[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:20 AM 06-23-2014
Talk about a nut punch.

It's in both the US and Gemany's best interest to go out and just sit down for about 90 minutes.
[Reply]
msobo32 09:38 AM 06-23-2014
You could definitly see why the US team is ranked 13th they showed they can hang with the big boys. Much better then the Ghana game thankfully!!! Number 7 made it look almost too easy with that last second cross for the equalizer. Germany will be tougher but not impossible. Go USA!!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:19 AM 06-23-2014
Not for nothing, we could have won that match had we only managed the clock better in added time. And we had numerous chances to do that.
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Durring stoppage time, I 'm yelling at the TV, "take it to the corner flag!"
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Talk about a nut punch.

It's in both the US and Gemany's best interest to go out and just sit down for about 90 minutes.
:-)
While not very entertaining, I'm happy with finishing second.
Originally Posted by msobo32:
Germany will be tougher but not impossible. Go USA!!
I aggree. Ghana certainly proved that on Saturday.
[Reply]
msobo32 04:55 AM 06-25-2014
Suarez should be ejected from this World Cup
After clearly biting Chiellini in that game yesterday.
Absolutely ridiculous!!
[Reply]
ColdCuts 08:39 AM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by msobo32:
Suarez should be ejected from this World Cup
After clearly biting Chiellini in that game yesterday.
Absolutely ridiculous!!
+1 However, FIFA needs to go further than that. Nobody would deny that Suarez is a massively talented striker. But behavior like that is a total disgrace. And here's the thing, he's been banned and fined twice before for biting.

From The Guardian...

[Suarez first bit] PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal in 2010 when he was at Ajax and then Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic at Anfield in April 2013. He was banned for seven games for the Bakkal incident and 10 for the one with Ivanovic... The longest ban in World Cup history was an eight-match one on Italy's Mauro Tassotti for breaking Spain's Luis Enríque's nose in 1994 with an elbow.

Suarez was also banned once for racial slurs against Manchester United's Patrice Evra in 2011.

The man needs professional help, in addition to a long ban.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up