Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 7
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Sports>New England Patriots
Ed M 12:17 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
- rant on -

Cheaters.

From SpyGate to Illegal formations to deflating the football.
Bellichick should be ashamed of himself.
They'll get off scott-free (as always) due to the relationship Kraft has with Goodell.

- rant off -
Belichick should be BANNED from the NFL!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:58 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Ed M:
Belichick should be BANNED from the NFL!
Yes, just like Mike McCarthy was banned after Aaron Rodgers admitted to cheating with over-inflated footballs. Wait, that never happened, nor was Rodgers even punished at all.
Nor was Mike Pettine banned after Josh Gordon's suspension for using PEDs.
Nor was Andy Reid banned after Dwayne Bowe and Rokevious Watkins were suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Nor was Tom Coughlin banned after Jayron Hosley's suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Nor was Joe Philbin banned after Dion Jordan and Reshad Jones were suspended for using PED's.
And on, and on, and on...
[Reply]
The Poet 08:07 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Yes, just like Mike McCarthy was banned after Aaron Rodgers admitted to cheating with over-inflated footballs. Wait, that never happened, nor was Rodgers even punished at all.
Nor was Mike Pettine banned after Josh Gordon's suspension for using PEDs.
Nor was Andy Reid banned after Dwayne Bowe and Rokevious Watkins were suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Nor was Tom Coughlin banned after Jayron Hosley's suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Nor was Joe Philbin banned after Dion Jordan and Reshad Jones were suspended for using PED's.
And on, and on, and on...
Absolutely right. And this is perfect justification for ignoring any present violations, and the perfect excuse to continue to let things go on forever into the future.

Two wrongs may not make a right, but apparently constant wrongs become a right.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:30 PM 01-22-2015
Gee, from all the heated emotions you'd think football was actually important.
BTW, there is nothing so sweet, cool or wonderful that cannot be totally destroyed by regulation; after all, look how much it's done for our hobby.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:53 PM 01-22-2015
I miss Jack Tatum.
[Reply]
pnoon 12:16 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Gee, from all the heated emotions you'd think football was actually important.
Best post in the entire thread!
[Reply]
ksknnr 05:45 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Best post in the entire thread!
I totally agree. Hey I love the pats, do I care if they cheated? No. Do I want them to win the superbowl? Yes. But regardless of the outcome of the game or the cheating, I still have to wake up and go to work monday morning.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:10 AM 01-23-2015
NFL's takeaway should be to supply the game day balls with no QB or Kicker preference. Start off with new footballs at beginning of each season.

Each stadium has a NFL officials only locked container and those the only ball used for the game. Each one has a serial numbers on them.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:36 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
NFL's takeaway should be to supply the game day balls with no QB or Kicker preference. Start off with new footballs at beginning of each season.

Each stadium has a NFL officials only locked container and those the only ball used for the game. Each one has a serial numbers on them.
+1

It could also benefit the collectables market to have verifiable serial numbers that could be connected to specific games and plays. A whole new product from the NFL.
[Reply]
stearns 07:38 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
+1

It could also benefit the collectables market to have verifiable serial numbers that could be connected to specific games and plays. A whole new product from the NFL.
I think that would be the selling point for them, the whole consistency thing would just be the side effect
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:50 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by stearns:
I think that would be the selling point for them, the whole consistency thing would just be the side effect
That's how self interest produces positive results. Capitalism 101 :-)
[Reply]
stearns 07:57 AM 01-23-2015
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:15 AM 01-23-2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
[Reply]
Steve 08:36 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by subvet642:
gee, from all the heated emotions you'd think football was actually important.
btw, there is nothing so sweet, cool or wonderful that cannot be totally destroyed by regulation; after all, look how much it's done for our hobby.
this!!!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:54 AM 01-23-2015
I wish they would just hurry up and fire the guy that video tapes the practices so we can move on from this.

That being said, hell when the WS was in CO they had a special humidor to regulate the baseballs so they didn't dry out and become harder, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for a major sport to regulate the balls they play with ... phrasing!
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:30 PM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I wish they would just hurry up and fire the guy that video tapes the practices so we can move on from this.

That being said, hell when the WS was in CO they had a special humidor to regulate the baseballs so they didn't dry out and become harder, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for a major sport to regulate the balls they play with ... phrasing!
I was commenting about government regulation, not self regulation.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:41 PM 01-23-2015
Yes that's what we need.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:45 PM 01-23-2015
Yes that's what we need.
Oh, I wasn't advocating it.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:50 PM 01-23-2015
:-) I was just treading lightly and bowing out, you never know and didn't want to turn this into something... bad. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:34 AM 01-24-2015
:-) I was just treading lightly and bowing out, you never know and didn't want to turn this into something... bad. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up