Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 56 of 69
« First < 646545556 575866 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
Django 06:09 AM 01-02-2016
My wife let me pick up some tobacco myself for my coming birthday. No pic(s) yet as it is still wrapped, but just had to share. To boost my recently started pipesmoking hobby I got a "My own Blend" sample pack with 5 totally different blends so I can give some direction to which tobaccos/blends I favor most.

It was the only sample I could find around here and it contains very diverse blends:
Can't wait to try all of them so I can select some more blends, based on my opinion of this sample
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:51 AM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Got a small but good order in. Two Stokkebye blends, the 52 Proper English and the luxury navy flame. AND some pipe sweetener.
Very nice Pete. Here's another wax to try out when your other runs out:

http://www.finepipes.com/accessories/halcyon-ii-wax

Its good stuff. If your pipe sweetener doesn't work out for you, a pipe cleaner dipped in your favorite bourbon or whiskey works great in the shank and stem:-)

Originally Posted by Django:
It was the only sample I could find around here and it contains very diverse blends:
  • Rijnstroom
    Red Virginia with some black Cavendish, Perique and dark fired Kentucky. Also some Liqor 43 flavoring;
  • Red Feast
    Burley plug, brown Cavendish (Burley and Virginia) blend with some light vanilla and chocolate casting;
  • Golden Blend
    Ready rubbed flake blend from several Virginia and Burley tobaccos;
  • Smokin' Aces
    Mild blend from several Virginia and Burley tobaccos with some caramel and chocolate casting;
  • Red Heat
    English style ready rubbed flake blend from Louisiana Perique, Dark Fired Kentucky and Aged Virginia. Some black Cavendish, Oriënt and Latakia is also included...

Where did you purchase your sampler at? Looks like a nice selection to dig in to...
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:57 AM 01-02-2016
That sounds like a a great idea Mark.
[Reply]
Django 12:30 PM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Where did you purchase your sampler at? Looks like a nice selection to dig in to...
I got the sampler at my local tobacconist De oude leeuw (The old lion)

"My Own Blend" is a product of Scandinavian Tobacco Group (if I'm not mistaken) and is distributed in the Netherlands by Hajenius in Amsterdam. You can have your own blend made in their shop (and registered for future reference).

The sampler consists of the 5 non-personal (i.e. made by Hajenius) best sellers from the "My Own Blend" brand. Don't know if either shop delivers across the pond though :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 04:48 PM 01-02-2016

"My Own Blend" is a product of Scandinavian Tobacco Group (if I'm not mistaken) and is distributed in the Netherlands by Hajenius in Amsterdam. You can have your own blend made in their shop (and registered for future reference).

The sampler consists of the 5 non-personal (i.e. made by Hajenius) best sellers from the "My Own Blend" brand. Don't know if either shop delivers across the pond though :-)
That's cool! Would be cool to see them blend it. I just got my shipment of this years' Christmas Cheer. After enjoying the '13 blend I'm hoping this blend is good also!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:25 PM 01-02-2016

Thanks Django. My Dutch a bit rusty and switched to the "English" translation:-) You're lucky to have MOB available to you:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 05:18 PM 01-21-2016
These were made to celebrate the Centennial of the Savinelli brand.

I picked these up on a pretty popular auction site in unsmoked mint condition!!

Apparently there were 6 pairs of special pipe shapes made to celebrate the 100th anniversary. These are style number 3.

Does anyone else have any more info on these or have any of the other styles?

[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 03:08 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
These were made to celebrate the Centennial of the Savinelli brand.

I picked these up on a pretty popular auction site in unsmoked mint condition!!

Apparently there were 6 pairs of special pipe shapes made to celebrate the 100th anniversary. These are style number 3.

Does anyone else have any more info on these or have any of the other styles?

wow. I am envious!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 04:49 PM 01-24-2016
Thats a nifty little case
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:59 PM 01-24-2016
I need to take better photos. These from my phone really don't show how nice the pipes really are.
[Reply]
05venturer 04:00 PM 01-25-2016
Grabbed a tin of Frog Morton Cellar
Delish:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 04:05 PM 01-25-2016
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 04:05 PM 01-25-2016
Jealous. great find Patrick :-)
[Reply]
Django 02:23 PM 01-26-2016
That's cool! Would be cool to see them blend it.
Late reply, but yes ... it is certainly cool to see them blend it. Especially since the lady below is the person doing all the blending in the shop :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 04:43 PM 01-26-2016
Late reply, but yes ... it is certainly cool to see them blend it. Especially since the lady below is the person doing all the blending in the shop :-)
Very nice.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 03:57 PM 01-28-2016
Not a purchase but I recently inquired about Hobbits Weed and Matt (mhailey) was nice enough to offer me a sample. However he sent some really badass bodyguards. Thanks Matt! I've not had the chance to try the others either! Much appreciated!
[Reply]
mhailey 04:03 PM 01-28-2016
Not a purchase but I recently inquired about Hobbits Weed and Matt (mhailey) was nice enough to offer me a sample. However he sent some really badass bodyguards. Thanks Matt! I've not had the chance to try the others either! Much appreciated!
:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 04:42 PM 01-28-2016

Nicely done Matt!!:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 05:03 PM 01-28-2016
Looks like Matt has been busy, he smacked me around too. Thank you sir, I'm humbled.

[Reply]
mhailey 05:10 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Looks like Matt has been busy, he smacked me around too. Thank you sir, I'm humbled.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 56 of 69
« First < 646545556 575866 > Last »
Up