Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 111
« First < 1555636465 666775 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
newcigarz 11:15 AM 06-23-2011
2 growlers of Tequesta Brewing Co's Imperial Red. Can't wait until I'm done with work so I can sample this today. :-)

[Reply]
OLS 01:44 PM 06-23-2011
Up in the mountains of Western NC, and sorry Greg, I ate your ribs......

But I hit Peabody's in Boone, and I have to say it is reveiewd as being expensive, and it is relatively
so, but in case these reviewers haven't noticed, this stuff ain't cheap no matter where you find it.
And in this case, where you find it is at the top of a mountain, and has no competition to speak of,
so what r you gonna do? Two days worth of hauls. One beer, the one that looks like "tokyo" it is 18%
and as such he could not legally sell it to me so he gave it to me. I would also say it helps to have a
pocketfull of CCs when dragging this guy around the store, lol. I made out better than I would have at home,
and found things I couldn't necessarily find.

[Reply]
Bill86 02:15 PM 06-23-2011
Damn fine haul Brad :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 02:21 PM 06-23-2011
Good shopping, Brad! :-) The Dragon's Milk is a damn fine stout, and I really enjoy the Heavy Seas & Great Divide brews. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Brewdog stout--I've seen that around here for like $15/12oz, so I've always passed it up.
[Reply]
landhoney 02:29 PM 06-23-2011
That Nogne O collaboration caught my eye, interested to hear what you think of that one. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 04:18 PM 06-23-2011
hehe, Gerard, I got it free, so the price was awesome! The Beard is a really nice kat. Once he was properly greased
with CCs, I told my sister to grab a few bottles of wine while the iron was hot. :-) Great selection compared to my locals.

And Greg, I didn't eat your ribs, per se. I just knew you'd not be there Thursday, which seemed like my only free day.
Kind of a rain washout as you likely know. Then I found out my Brother-in-law was coming tomorrow, and I re-calculated
the rib count for a fifth mouth.
[Reply]
OLS 04:54 PM 06-23-2011
Seth, whjich beer are you pointing out? I remember seeing the word collaboration while shopping, but I am having
trouble picking it out of a lineup. I can't see that I bought one of what you are talking about, lol.
-edit------
derh, Google....you mean that Pumpkin deallie-0. The Beard said it was a really good pick. All the holiday beers he had
were 15% off, and once we got chummy, lol, he knocked em down to 30%. I am looking forward to that one, he laughed
at me when I said I was not sure about pumpkin beer. He said he assured me it was NOT a pumpkin beer.
Drinking that bad elf brew now....ehh.
[Reply]
Skywalker 05:25 PM 06-23-2011
Superbad Hauls there Brothers!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
Wanger 06:40 PM 06-23-2011
I love my wife. Here's what she picked up on the way home. :-)

The Nightstalker was bottled in March 2010. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:17 PM 06-23-2011
Very cool she was able to get some 2010 Nightstalker. I Haven't opened one in awhile.

Nice haul Mike!
[Reply]
ashtonlady 04:56 PM 06-24-2011
Deschutes Black Butte Porter XXIII is out and I have my first 9. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 06:16 PM 06-24-2011
Got a bottle of the new 2011 Russian Imperial Stout. I heard the belgo was no good? Opinions?
[Reply]
ashtonlady 06:22 PM 06-24-2011
I am testing now, will let you know after test is done.
[Reply]
ashtonlady 06:32 PM 06-24-2011
Ok, the initial test is done. If you like anise then you will be fine with this. If you dont then dont bother buying it.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:15 PM 06-24-2011
That's what I heard, too much anise.....

Shame.

I guess I'll stick with the regular Russian Imperial.

[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:49 AM 06-25-2011
[Reply]
hammondc 11:40 AM 06-25-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:

Very curious about the Pitch Black IPA......

Gerard- I firmly believe that Maximus IPA is one of the most grossly underrated IPAs on the market. Absolutely fantastic stuff.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 08:55 PM 06-25-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Up in the mountains of Western NC, and sorry Greg, I ate your ribs......

But I hit Peabody's in Boone, and I have to say it is reveiewd as being expensive, and it is relatively
so, but in case these reviewers haven't noticed, this stuff ain't cheap no matter where you find it.
And in this case, where you find it is at the top of a mountain, and has no competition to speak of,
so what r you gonna do? Two days worth of hauls. One beer, the one that looks like "tokyo" it is 18%
and as such he could not legally sell it to me so he gave it to me. I would also say it helps to have a
pocketfull of CCs when dragging this guy around the store, lol. I made out better than I would have at home,
and found things I couldn't necessarily find.

Great looking beers there, and that KBS is gold. They are here, and gone, in usually less than a day in my area. Enjoy! :-)
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 08:55 PM 06-25-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:

Wish we had NightStalker here in GA, I've heard it's amazing. Awesome haul.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 08:58 PM 06-25-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Very curious about the Pitch Black IPA......

Gerard- I firmly believe that Maximus IPA is one of the most grossly underrated IPAs on the market. Absolutely fantastic stuff.
What's up with the 4pack? Never seen that before is it related to some strange Texas law or something? It is funny to see some of this stuff on here, as much of it is the cheap beer they carry at the grocery store or 7-11... <G> Love the west coast!
[Reply]
Page 65 of 111
« First < 1555636465 666775 > Last »
Up