Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Life wins this week :(
ChasDen 08:12 PM 11-20-2009
Man what a miserable 7 days this has been. Not one to usually complain, because I truly believe I am a fortunate man, but I am just beat down to the point of throwing my hands in the air and saying I concede, you win. It started last Friday when the transmission lines blew out in the truck while we were out of town ($600 and 3 hours later we were back on our way). The switch went out in the radial arm saw, Sunday the router took a crap (Bushings should fix it).This whole week we are short handed at work so the boss has been hammering me with work, and the topper was Sunday night I spent the night paying all the bills online (We both get paid every other week and last week was pay day) just to wake up Monday and find out I only had $.01 "Available" in my account. A quick stop by the bank reveled the IRS had levied our personal checking account. Without going into all the gruesome details, a few years back I made a few bad tax decisions and owed them a few thousand dollars. Fast forward to now and we were paying them $325 every 2 weeks. At that rate it would be paid off by the first of the year. Well turns out the blood sucking SOB’s wanted it faster. Fortunately, I was able to head off most of the damage and spent most of the week making calls and working it all out. In the end, they will be off my back, the bills all get paid and it’s finally Friday, I’m drained emotionally.

Chas
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:15 PM 11-20-2009
Hope next week is better for you Chas.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:17 PM 11-20-2009
Keep the faith, Bro.
Lady Fortuna will turn her wheel in due time....
[Reply]
TripleF 08:18 PM 11-20-2009
Ooooooooof that does suck. So does the IRS.

Hopefully that was as bad as it's gonna be for a looooooooooooooooong time.
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 08:18 PM 11-20-2009
Wow, what a week Chas......have a smoke and thank gawd it's over!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:22 PM 11-20-2009
Relax this weekend with a few beers and cigars:-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 09:04 PM 11-20-2009
I will be praying for you and the wife, my friend. This too will pass.
[Reply]
ChasDen 09:12 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by smokin5:
Keep the faith, Bro.
Lady Fortuna will turn her wheel in due time....
:-) That's what keeps me going every day.

I truly am fortunate. We have 5 healthy children who all have grown up into fine young adults, a loving wife who stands shoulder to shoulder with me no matter what and we always find a way to get what we need, and even some things we just want. The thing that stands out the most about the week is after repeatedly talking to so many people I cant even begin to explain the frustration I felt trying to get a "person" at the IRS to treat me like a human being. Honestly I never disputed I owed the money, I filed the returns, and made payment arrangements. I followed their procedures for determining the "Maximum" amount they would take and budgeted our finances to accommodate the payments. I guess I could see if I was some millionaire hiding millions off shore, but the total amount owed was less than 3K.

I told the last lady, now I know how Al Capone felt, she hung up on me :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Riff Raff 09:20 PM 11-20-2009
Chuck, at least you had the cojones to stick it out! Hang in there brother! Remember what Freidrich Neitzche said: "That which does not kill us only makes us stronger" Although I usually don't have much regard for Neitzche, this is just about the only one of his quotes I do agree with.
[Reply]
Scothew 09:23 PM 11-20-2009
good luck Chas, we all seem to have our up and down times in life. Things will turn around for you soon. :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 09:53 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
. . . the frustration I felt trying to get a "person" at the IRS to treat me like a human being. . . .

I know exactly how you feel. And I believe that what they did to you is an SOP of the IRS. It happened to me back in 1985. Long story short is that I paid my taxes (owed money) they sent me a larger refund saying I made a mistake - a year later said oops - we made a mistake and want our money back, with interest. Took three years to get it resolved on what happened. I set up payments - got the notice of acceptance AND payment book - the following week they took the money from my checking and savings account AND froze all my accounts until the money was actually transferred.

When I finally got through to a person - he told me point blank - "so what - we are not giving the money back cause you owe it anyway".

So yep - it sucks when they do that and it just pisses me off every time I hear of someone else they do this crap to.

Hang in there -

Ron
[Reply]
alley00p 10:18 PM 11-20-2009
Sorry, to hear about all this! :-)

You and your family will be in my thoughts! Good Karma being sent your way! :-)

I'm glad you aren't letting the bastages get to you! :-)

Charlie
[Reply]
bobarian 10:19 PM 11-20-2009
Hang in there Chuck. A prayer is being sent for you and your family. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:03 AM 11-21-2009
Glad it is all behind you now, Chuck...better times ahead, my friend. :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 05:54 AM 11-21-2009
Damn Chuck. That sounds like a horrible and frustrating week. Here's hoping that next week is exactly the opposite, my friend.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 09:24 PM 11-21-2009
Sending some good Karma your way brother!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:27 PM 11-21-2009
You sound like you're having a streak like my 2009. It gets better.

MCS
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:33 PM 11-21-2009
Here's to a better next week Chas!! :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 11:09 PM 11-21-2009
Well I figured tonight would be the "topper", our daughter asked us over to her place to have a "pre Thanksgiving" feast for just the parents (us and her boyfriends).

We figured this was the we are getting married, or your going to be a grandparents meal.
Turns out they just wanted to cook us a nice meal and do something nice for the parents :-).

Had a great time, great food and smoked a nice cigar on the way home.

Chas
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:10 PM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Well I figured tonight would be the "topper", our daughter asked us over to her place to have a "pre Thanksgiving" feast for just the parents (us and her boyfriends).

We figured this was the we are getting married, or your going to be a grandparents meal.
Turns out they just wanted to cook us a nice meal and do something nice for the parents :-).

Had a great time, great food and smoked a nice cigar on the way home.

Chas
Congrats on not having either conversation Chas. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up