Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
MedicCook 10:00 PM 11-01-2009
Tomorrow should be a good game for Lee since he is on normal rest. Who knows what the Yankees are going to get from AJ on short rest.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:32 AM 11-02-2009
Phils gotta win three in a row??? I don't see this happening. 9th inning break-down will haunt them in the off season.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:47 AM 11-02-2009
That was some game indeed.
As a Yankees fan, each time I thought we were set, back came the Phillies.
Gotta hand it to both teams for guts and desire.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:08 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
That was some game indeed.
As a Yankees fan, each time I thought we were set, back came the Phillies.
Gotta hand it to both teams for guts and desire.
Agreed.....wish the outcome was better but good game....3 in a row.....hmmmmm..... possible, but so is Jon/Kate leaving us for good....wishful thinking
[Reply]
ade06 08:15 AM 11-02-2009
Realistically, I'm seeing a Philly win tonight and the Yankees closing the Series out on Wednesday in NYC.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:49 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Tomorrow should be a good game for Lee since he is on normal rest. Who knows what the Yankees are going to get from AJ on short rest.
He is 3-0 on short rest thus far I believe.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:53 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Realistically, I'm seeing a Philly win tonight and the Yankees closing the Series out on Wednesday in NYC.
Hard to envision the Phillies losing tonight if Lee brings the same A-game that he did in game 1.
May be a tight one for a while if Burnett pitches like he did game two.
However, neither is God. Both are human. Both have lost games in the regular season. Lots can happen in the game. Both teams have big hitters.
So while a pitcher's duel is expected, could also end up being a different story and a matter of who gets one more run last.

Frankly, while a Yankees fan and really believing we had all the better tools and stats coming into this series, I am pleasantly surprised it is 3-1. Would have thought it to be 2-2 at this point and headed for a guaranteed 7 games. Whether folks are Yankees haters, credit is well deserved for how they have played.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:54 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
He is 3-0 on short rest thus far I believe.
Yup.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:00 AM 11-02-2009
I'll stick with my prediction from the start and say Yankees in 6.

For some reason, I can't see the Yankees celebrating anywhere but the new stadium.

There's still a lot of baseball to be played, but I like the way things are looking.

This series wasn't A-Rod and Teixeira, like I had thought. It has been all about Damon and Jeter moving runners around the bases with Posada playing a big offensive role as well.

Damon picked a great time to come up big as his contract is expiring.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:18 AM 11-02-2009
I love of how the big shift finally worked for the Yankees with Damon's steal of 2nd & 3rd.
[Reply]
ScottieM 10:43 AM 11-02-2009
I'm sticking to my earlier prediction (Yankees in 5). I think the Pressure will be too much for Lee to perform like he has all Post Season. He's due and so are the Yankees Bats.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:44 AM 11-02-2009
Let's Go Yankees!!
[Reply]
feznuk 11:14 AM 11-02-2009
Hopefully the Phils won't have to worry about pitching tonight. The bats MUST wake up and they can't afford to leave men on base.

Last night was ruff watching Rollins and Victorino get on in the 5th and then have Utley, Howard and Werth sit down in order. Then fast forward to the 7th where Rollins and Victorino get retired and Utley follows that with a home run. It's really nice to watch the ball leave the park, but when it's only adding one to the score board it doesn't make as much of an impact.

Even if Lee pitches another gem if the Phils can't manage more than the one run they put up in game 2 it's going to be a long night.

LET'S GO PHILLIES! Don't role over....Keep fighting.
[Reply]
ScottieM 12:45 PM 11-02-2009
This was in today's Philly Inquirer supposedly by mistake:

:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:09 PM 11-02-2009
Those were two good games this weekend, and happily for me two good outcomes. I wish to thank the Phillie fans here for taking the high road and giving some credit to the Yankees - seems the reality has at last struck them that the Yanks are not an easy out. For my part, I wish to say both Hamels and Blanton pitched better than I expected, although not quite as well as did our guys. As for Lidge - well, at least he didn't blow another save.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:09 PM 11-02-2009
Early votes for MVP?? Jeter or Damon?
[Reply]
ScottieM 03:24 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Early votes for MVP?? Jeter or Damon?
Right now it's Rivera.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:29 PM 11-02-2009
Too soon for me to talk MVP - I'm more concerned with WIN.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:25 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Too soon for me to talk MVP - I'm more concerned with WIN.

This horse ain't dead yet.
That is a very good Phillies team that doesn't quit.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:34 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:

This horse ain't dead yet.
That is a very good Phillies team that doesn't quit.
One last shot tonight. I'm pulling for 'em still.:-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 6141516 1718 > Last »
Up