Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 96 of 99
« First < 4686949596 9798 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
sigsauer 12:40 PM 08-18-2016
that FM is busy but an awesome watch
[Reply]
Remo 09:54 PM 08-18-2016

My newest, Deep Blue 300m diver.
Attached:
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:54 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I have 2 watches I wear regularly - a Bernardt Officers watch and a Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red. Love them both.
How do you like that Steinhart? My girlfriend has one one that is really cool and I have been thinking of getting the titanium one similar to yours. I could really use a dive watch and I am fan of titanium.

How's the overall finishing and all that? There's no local Steinhart dealer near me, so I would end up buying factory direct.
[Reply]
Remo 09:55 PM 08-18-2016

And my Citizen Promaster 300m
Attached:
[Reply]
Remo 09:57 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
How do you like that Steinhart? My girlfriend has one one that is really cool and I have been thinking of getting the titanium one similar to yours. I could really use a dive watch and I am fan of titanium.

How's the overall finishing and all that? There's no local Steinhart dealer near me, so I would end up buying factory direct.

Sexy watch bro!!
Attached:
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:50 AM 08-19-2016
Moses, I am very pleased with my Steinhart. If you Google Steinhart Ocean 1 you will see many rave reviews of the watch. I think the fit and finish are excellent. It is Swiss made with a well regarded Swiss movement. The watch is rated water resistant to 1000 feet, and the bracelet is well made and heavy. The crystal is domed sapphire. If I had to name one improvement to make, the lume could be brighter. I bought directly from Steinhart - I ordered on a Monday and received the watch that Friday. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased.

Here are a few reviews which may be helpful.

http://wornandwound.com/review/stein...um-500-review/

https://www.watchitallabout.com/stei...-watch-review/
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:07 AM 08-20-2016
Moses, I am very pleased with my Steinhart. If you Google Steinhart Ocean 1 you will see many rave reviews of the watch. I think the fit and finish are excellent.
This is my girlfriend's watch I bought her a couple of years ago. Runs great! We took the case protecting croc off and she bought an another color strap that looks great with it too.

[Reply]
sikk50 11:36 AM 08-20-2016
Guess I could contribute. Heres my latest Citizen, I got a few months ago. Mostly chose this one bc the colors match my golf clubs. Sadly, I will be going to the dark side soon. My fiancé picked me up an apple watch for our wedding.
[Reply]
HabanosBob 02:49 PM 08-20-2016
I like the Citizen
[Reply]
longknocker 02:53 PM 08-20-2016
Like The All Black Look, Andrew!:-):-)
[Reply]
sikk50 10:21 PM 08-20-2016
Thanks guys! Always had a thing for Citizens, since my old man gave me one of his after he retired. This is my third Eco drive. Only have two left. The first one was one of the originals and the internal battery went out. Was not covered under warranty. Na vent had a hiccup with the other two
[Reply]
mahtofire14 10:18 AM 08-22-2016
This is my everyday Citizen Echo-Drive. My wife gave it to me on our wedding day. It's gotten a little more beat up than I'd have liked but I love this watch. Guess I'll just have to get another soon. Have another Cutizen picked out already. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:58 AM 09-19-2016
Moses, I am very pleased with my Steinhart. If you Google Steinhart Ocean 1 you will see many rave reviews of the watch.

http://wornandwound.com/review/stein...um-500-review/

https://www.watchitallabout.com/stei...-watch-review/
I ended up ordering the Ocean One Titanium last night. My IWC is being serviced and now my Omega needs servicing as well.. NO WATCH!!!

I was ready to buy a fancy watch, but thought I should wait until Omega is back so I can sell that as mint, just serviced watch. Frantic figuring what I should I do, I just ordered the Steinart instead. Not sure when it'll arrive though. If I like it when both watches are back, I'll keep or sell it for a short loss...
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:03 PM 09-19-2016
Moses, I hope you are pleased. I am wearing mine today, and have been very happy with it. It keeps very good time, about 6 seconds fast per day.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:24 PM 10-13-2016
Here's my new watch; Steinhart Ocean One in Titanium. Great watch for the money. Detailing is solid, well made. ETA movement, sapphire crystal, screw down crown, etc... 42mm and doesn't look big, so has a classic non-trendy look. Screw in links and ceramic bezel. Hard pressed to find a new Swiss automatic that has as much for the same money. Bought factory direct. This our 2nd Steinhart watch.

My other watches are all being serviced right now, so I was out of watch and wanted a Titanium dive watch is getting harder find. Planet Ocean Omega is like the only other one of note from I can see (albeit a lot more money).

[Reply]
Remo 02:19 PM 10-13-2016
Great watch Moses, I had the original Ocean One back in the day :-)
[Reply]
croatan 02:20 PM 10-13-2016
Good-looking watch, Moses. You get a heck of a lot of Swiss watch for your money with Steinhart.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:40 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by croatan:
Good-looking watch, Moses. You get a heck of a lot of Swiss watch for your money with Steinhart.

Sure do. And this one does not look like Rolex copy...
[Reply]
croatan 08:00 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Sure do. And this one does not look like Rolex copy...
Yeah, that's really the main knock on most of their older models. Pretty much all homage watches (which is fine if that's what you want, but not what everyone is looking for).
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:56 AM 10-14-2016
I want a watch to stand by its own merit; not because it looks like something else.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 99
« First < 4686949596 9798 > Last »
Up