Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>WOW! Anyone watching the TB/Boston game!?!?
gettysburgfreak 09:13 AM 10-17-2008
It was unbelievable, I would be lying if I didnt say I was nervous but Ive witnessed the Sox do it time and time again so I am not shocked. I just hope Beckett can give a lights out performance and I like our chances if it goes to game 7 with Lester.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:33 AM 10-17-2008
I can't believe the TB manager didn't pull the pitcher out of the game. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 12:55 PM 10-17-2008
CRAZY!! Go SOX!! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:57 PM 10-17-2008
Should be a good game tomorrow. The Rays have just owned the Sox at home this year. Homefield advantage for the Rays, momentum for the Sox, good baseball either way the series goes :-)
[Reply]
Whee 01:19 PM 10-17-2008
turned it over in the bottom of the sixth...not Soz fan, but WOW...was rooting for them there just because it was so damn exciting.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 01:33 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
turned it over in the bottom of the sixth...not Soz fan, but WOW...was rooting for them there just because it was so damn exciting.
It was just a crazy ending. If it was any other team besides the Red Sox I would have been cheering for them too.
[Reply]
Heatmiser 06:07 PM 10-17-2008
That was a crazy game! We were herfing over at Galaga's house with Pnoon, SR Mike, SD Mate and SD Beer Guy as part of the regular S.H.I.T. crew. What a fantastic game! Added to the fact that Galaga's FSU football team won too!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:47 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Heatmiser:
That was a crazy game! We were herfing over at Galaga's house with Pnoon, SR Mike, SD Mate and SD Beer Guy as part of the regular S.H.I.T. crew. What a fantastic game! Added to the fact that Galaga's FSU football team won too!
Rick was able to stay awake that late!? Damn, i'm surprised :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:00 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Pulse:
Ditto, i'm ashamed to say that I shut it off but I was so damned pissed that I just had to walk away...After the last 3 games of staying up and watching the whole game just to see them lose I just couldn't do it again...too damned stressful...lol

Turned on ESPN this morning and was like WTF?!?!!? LMFAO!!!

GO SOX!
:-)
October Baseball + Red Sox = Magic! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:25 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
October Baseball + Red Sox = Magic! :-)
Bah. They still need to win two more games.
[Reply]
Heatmiser 02:38 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Rick was able to stay awake that late!? Damn, i'm surprised :-)
Yeah, poor Rick. He was getting tired at about 6pm after the early bird special at Applebees so we brewed up some coffee for him.
[Reply]
BobbyRitz 06:28 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:-):-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:52 AM 10-18-2008
Let's go Red Sox !!! :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:01 AM 10-18-2008
It's the end for the Sox tonight!!!
[Reply]
massphatness 08:13 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by TripleF:
It's the end for the Sox tonight!!!
I don't think you fully believe that. I don't think anyone in Tampa fully believes that. And if you do, you belong in an asylum, my friend, because no team in the modern era has shown a flair for the dramatic as much as the Red Sox.

I will say this. You better PRAY it ends tonight. If it doesn't, how many of the Rays themselves will be questionning if they can pull it out given Boston's penchant for coming from behind?

I promise not to even mention the Rays when I come down in November, Scottie. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:24 AM 10-18-2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Red Sox + October Baseball = Magic!

I also firmly believe that "the powers that be" want to drag this series out for good tv and $$$
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 11:03 AM 10-18-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Red Sox + October Baseball = Magic!

I also firmly believe that "the powers that be" want to drag this series out for good tv and $$$

Beckett is going to dominate tonight, this years version of Schillings balls to the wall performance.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up