Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Now I have done it...
azar 04:14 PM 03-05-2014
Well a few days ago I asked about cooladors. A ton of info on them. I also done a "search" on wineadors and as I looked at both I realized that a cooler could be moved by my wife and well she is a blonde it could end up OUTSIDE!! A wineador is sturdy and wife can not move it as easy. So after a short search on craigslist I located a 20-40 count (seller not sure on size) wine cooler for $50.00
(cheap as a good cooler) that 4 shelves and a pound of beads I should be in buisness. When I started this ride 2 years ago with a 100 count humidor and 17 cigars bought from sprintsale (mainly assids :-)) did I ever think I would out grow it and the slope just keeps on going. When I announced to my wife my plans her reply was "You can never smoke them all" The :-) down from her did not help her case. I will have it in the next day or two.:-)

Question with beads destilled water only or cigar juice?

I know boys and girls this thread is worthless with out pictures. I promise I when I get it and get a photobucket set up I will post up some pic's.

Mack
[Reply]
TFed 04:32 PM 03-05-2014
Sounds like a very sweet deal!

Congrats on the great pickup:-)
[Reply]
big_jaygee 04:36 PM 03-05-2014
HCM beads and distilled water :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:50 PM 03-05-2014
Do NOT put cigar juice on your beads. :-)
[Reply]
jhedrick83 04:51 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by azar:
"You can never smoke them all"
Sounds like a challange to me.....:-)

Congrats, HCM beads and distilled water and you are in business.
[Reply]
azar 04:47 AM 03-14-2014
Well got the little guy home! Ordered trays from cheap humi 1# of beads and a hygrometer/thermometer. Its a haier 24 count top temprature is 65* seems to work well no funky smells little dirty. As far as it goes I think it will work.
Mack
[Reply]
badbriar 07:28 AM 03-14-2014
Ordered trays from cheap humi

Did the same on mine and just did a bit of cutting and modifying. The results fit perfectly and give just the right amount of room between the trays. Used white ash for the rails and made each tray 1-1/2 of the original CH trays I got. If you do this, use a good grade of wood glue - no smell at all. Good luck.
:-)
[Reply]
czerbe 07:38 AM 03-14-2014
Best of Luck!
[Reply]
jsnake 09:58 AM 03-14-2014
I need to do something like this.
[Reply]
azar 04:23 AM 03-15-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Ordered trays from cheap humi

Did the same on mine and just did a bit of cutting and modifying. The results fit perfectly and give just the right amount of room between the trays. Used white ash for the rails and made each tray 1-1/2 of the original CH trays I got. If you do this, use a good grade of wood glue - no smell at all. Good luck.
That is almost exactly how I was invisioning the way of doing my trays the only diffrence I was looking at is how Chris put draw handles on his. I went to your profile and checked out your photos on your build thanks for the advice and the pictures. Truly I have been wanting to go larger on my storage and until I found this site I was going to buy a chinese built larger humidor but instead I went with a chinese built fridge:-). No all of you here helped and posts nudge me towards the winador dang near went coolador! Either way all of the builds on here helped a ton. Between the beads fridges and trades my bride would love to :-) everyone involved here:-):-)
By the way does anyone know where I can get my hands on some CAO or Camacho stickers?
[Reply]
azar 09:32 AM 03-21-2014

Got my shelves in.
[Reply]
IndyMikeKnows 10:56 AM 03-21-2014
Does anyone have any comments regarding the benefits/drawbacks of using beads versus an electronic humidifier, such as the Cigar Oasis, in a wineador? It would seem that very few people are using the electronic systems.
[Reply]
357 11:02 AM 03-21-2014
I think the reason is for the cubic footage you're dealing with the beads are a lot less maintenance than an active system like a Cigar Oasis. For a walk in or closet size humi, I think you'd find recommendations reversed in favor of an active system.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:24 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by IndyMikeKnows:
Does anyone have any comments regarding the benefits/drawbacks of using beads versus an electronic humidifier, such as the Cigar Oasis, in a wineador? It would seem that very few people are using the electronic systems.
Years back when I had a wine cooler setup I tried using an Oasis in it. I had problems with condensation. The Oasis threw too much moisture into the air, and it all ended up in the bottom of the cooler. Part of the problem was also the frequent cycling of the cooling system, which in turn triggered the Oasis, which led to the condesation. It just seemed I could never achieve a good balance of temperature and humidity. If I was going to do it today, I'd try beads. Simpler and easier.

I still have a Johnson Controls thermostat controller I never even used from that experimental period. :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 11:31 AM 03-21-2014
Damn brother, that's a full blown refrigerator!!! You can probably fit 600-700 in that bad boy! Ned pix as you fill 'er up. Good luch.
RR
[Reply]
irratebass 01:37 PM 03-21-2014
Mack, that is beautiful.......now that I see it's empty time for a bomb run on Mack.......Who's in??????
[Reply]
pnoon 01:43 PM 03-21-2014
That's what I love about bombs. The element of surprise.

Oh. Wait. . . . . . .

[Reply]
irratebass 02:44 PM 03-21-2014
:-) Peter's got jokes :-)

[Reply]
dijit 03:26 PM 03-21-2014
Count me in on that bomb run
[Reply]
azar 08:39 PM 03-21-2014
Easy Boys its in seasoning mode! I have been buying big time the wife said one more box! That was 3 boxes ago!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up