Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What's up with Chasidor?
DanD2124 04:41 AM 03-04-2014
This morning I received an email from Chasidor stating he refunded me my money and apologized for the inconvince and that my order can not be processed at this time. But he gave no explanation. I emailed him on 2/11/14 asking for a status update, he promptly responded stating it would be done by that weekend or early the following week. Well a few weeks went by so I emailed him yesterday asking for an update and then a refund this morning? I placed my order 12/30/13 for 1 double drawer no glass top with a divider for an Edgestar 28. I get the holidays are busy but 2 months for 1 drawer and divider and then no explanation for why my money was refund.

Does anyone know if Forrest can make a drawer for this?

Or does anyone have a drawer for sale for an Edgestar 28?

I can't buy anymore cigars till I have another drawer. I'm going to Tampa in less than 2 weeks and I know I'll come back with a stick pile of cigars.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:49 AM 03-04-2014
I know they both get very busy and are small one man operations, as far as Forrest I know he's just as busy and I really doubt you will get a drawer from him in 2 or 3 weeks, maybe months. Forrest sells his drawers through newair.com, not sure if they sell single drawers for different models or if they just sell pre-built out winadors with his work in them.

Tupperware is your friend, there's no reason you shouldn't load up on sticks, you can just pop them in a Tupperware with a RH Pack or some beads and they will be pefectly fine.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:03 AM 03-04-2014
I pmed forrest yesterday inquiring about a timeline on his drawers, no word yet but I can let you know what he says.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:12 AM 03-04-2014
From his website.
Originally Posted by :
All orders are custom built and normally ship in approximately 5 weeks. Longer lead times can occur due to extensive workload. Simply email with any time constraints and I'll be happy to work with you.
Great guy but that estimate is usually a bit .... off.
[Reply]
pektel 08:47 AM 03-04-2014
FWIW... I got my shelves/drawer from Forrest about a week after I forgot about them :-)

These guys' main income source is not the humidor accessories. From what I remember, it's a side job when time allows.
[Reply]
DanD2124 03:55 PM 03-04-2014
To me it's a little upsetting that on 2/11/14 he was within a week of finishing the order. Then almost a month later the order can't be fulfilled. I would have just liked an explanation but oh well I guess he had his reasons. I hope everything is ok with Chuck.

Anyways....
I emailed Forrest today with some questions and was very satisfied with his prompt responses. I will be placing an order with Forrest tonight. I haven't found anyone trying to get rid of drawers that they already had.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:30 PM 03-04-2014
Can't say I've never seen this happen before with Chuck. Glad you got your refund quickly.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:38 PM 03-04-2014
Well something about Forrest was prompt anyway! :-) I kid I kid, I have a set of his drawers and love them, next I need one of his shirts!

:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 04:43 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't say I've never seen this happen before with Chuck. Glad you got your refund quickly.
He hasnt logged on here since June 2010. Not sure why people are still sending him orders. :-)
[Reply]
DanD2124 04:48 PM 03-04-2014
Yea the only reason I went to chasidor to begin with is because the guy I bought my wineador from told me Chasidor made the drawers and shelves that came with it.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:40 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
He hasnt logged on here since June 2010. Not sure why people are still sending him orders. :-)
He still made them on and off, Bob, but I remember him leaving people hanging for months and months, and his buds making excuses for him. I think his work is beautiful, but I have enough drama in my life without sweating drawers for 5 months. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:03 AM 03-05-2014
Did you PM Forrest him here? I did the other day and never received a response. Can I please have the email address you used. Thanks

Originally Posted by DanD2124:
To me it's a little upsetting that on 2/11/14 he was within a week of finishing the order. Then almost a month later the order can't be fulfilled. I would have just liked an explanation but oh well I guess he had his reasons. I hope everything is ok with Chuck.

Anyways....
I emailed Forrest today with some questions and was very satisfied with his prompt responses. I will be placing an order with Forrest tonight. I haven't found anyone trying to get rid of drawers that they already had.

[Reply]
BigAsh 08:24 AM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
He still made them on and off, Bob, but I remember him leaving people hanging for months and months, and his buds making excuses for him. I think his work is beautiful, but I have enough drama in my life without sweating drawers for 5 months. :-)
that was my experience a few years ago :-)...many others here do great work WITH great customer service
[Reply]
DanD2124 08:51 PM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Did you PM Forrest him here? I did the other day and never received a response. Can I please have the email address you used. Thanks
Sorry I just saw this. Here is his email address sales@wineadors.com
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:05 AM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by DanD2124:
Sorry I just saw this. Here is his email address sales@wineadors.com

Thanks, I was able to contact him. I paid via PP but never received a confirmation email from him saying he received my order. I emailed him to ask but no response. Is this typical?
[Reply]
Lockspur 11:45 AM 03-11-2014
Sadly, yes. That was my experience. But it's worth it. I love my drawers.
[Reply]
Up