Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Packaging Cigars For Troops
bi11fish 01:36 PM 05-19-2010
OK so I would like to send some cigars to Afghanistan, now my next problem is how to pack/package them so the guys can get them in smokable condition.
[Reply]
T.G 02:06 PM 05-19-2010
Put them in a ziploc bag with a single water pillow. Wrap the bag in bubble wrap, pack in styrofoam packing peanuts. Or better yet, use bags of real peanuts, beef jerky, slim jims, gum, non-melting candy, puzzle books, etc as packing around the cigars.

Use a USPS priority flat-rate box. If you send parcel post, it could take months to get there. The largest box size has a discount for APO/FPO addy's - with discount, it only costs about a buck more than the medium sized box (which does not offer a discount) but is almost twice the size.
[Reply]
Stinky 11:36 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Put them in a ziploc bag with a single water pillow. Wrap the bag in bubble wrap, pack in styrofoam packing peanuts. Or better yet, use bags of real peanuts, beef jerky, slim jims, gum, non-melting candy, puzzle books, etc as packing around the cigars.

Use a USPS priority flat-rate box. If you send parcel post, it could take months to get there. The largest box size has a discount for APO/FPO addy's - with discount, it only costs about a buck more than the medium sized box (which does not offer a discount) but is almost twice the size.
Good advice. . . I agree. Suck the air out of the baggie (use a straw). How many cigars are you sending? If it's a full box, seal the box inside a large 'freezer' baggie with the water pillow outside the box. The cigars will be fine. THANKS! :-)
[Reply]
ABNMP619 04:01 AM 05-20-2010
T.G. is on it! Pack it with a bubble wrap and tons of snacks. We enjoy the cigars while snacking on some good old American goodies. Thanks for thinking about us out here in the mountains.:-)

Originally Posted by T.G:

[Reply]
bi11fish 05:22 AM 05-20-2010
Thanks for the tips and info. I will be going out to PO and get the box then see how much I can stuff into it. I have a coolidor that could use some rotation so It will be a grab bag.
[Reply]
Stinky 11:38 PM 05-20-2010
Post some photos of your gift-box (contents). :-)
[Reply]
Up