Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Review: Padron 1926 #9
DarenH 09:06 PM 09-28-2009
This maduro is a box press, beautiful band - nice looking stick. It lights well and the flavor kicks in immediately - is sort of a "clean" dark roasted coffee. No sissy latte stuff - just black and strong. - and stays consistent all the way to the end. It burns evenly and the ash is nice and tight Great clouds of smoke, super aroma. It burns slow - lasted for over 2 hours with only one re-light.

This is way beyond my normal price point - but was a gift from a friend. However, it is one I would definitely purchase again for a special occasion! It is a great smoke and worth every dollar. :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 06:19 AM 09-29-2009
What size is the #9?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:22 AM 09-29-2009
Thanks for the review. Have had two of these sticks...and neither did anything for me.
[Reply]
DarenH 11:08 AM 10-01-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thanks for the review. Have had two of these sticks...and neither did anything for me.
Sorry about that! I've only had the one. Perhaps I should have fired up another one before offering my opinion.
[Reply]
Labman 05:16 AM 10-02-2009
Originally Posted by DarenH:
Sorry about that! I've only had the one. Perhaps I should have fired up another one before offering my opinion.
They are excellent sticks...Padron makes the finest maduro cigars in the world. :-)

BTW, the #9 is 5 1/4" x 56.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 07:30 AM 10-02-2009
I really like the Padrons and the 26 #9s are a real treat.

Nice review...
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:39 AM 10-02-2009
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
I really like the Padrons and the 26 #9s are a real treat.

Nice review...
:-) :-)
[Reply]
njstone 10:58 AM 10-02-2009
Nice little review! I just smoked my first Padron Anny maduro the other day, a 1964 Monarca I think (basically a robusto size). It was definately an awesome maduro cigar. I still think I like the natural wrapper better, though (but I've only had 2 of those). But I can see why people are crazy about these things!
[Reply]
longknocker 11:05 AM 10-02-2009
Originally Posted by njstone:
Nice little review! I just smoked my first Padron Anny maduro the other day, a 1964 Monarca I think (basically a robusto size). It was definately an awesome maduro cigar. I still think I like the natural wrapper better, though (but I've only had 2 of those). But I can see why people are crazy about these things!
I Agree. I like the Padron Maduro & Nat., but The Nat Is MUCH BETTER! :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 12:15 PM 10-02-2009
I pulled out a #9 Natty just last night. I typically prefer maduro Padron's...but had more of these with natural wrappers. Great smoke! I've been pulling 1926's from a box of 35's. Maduro 1926's are right up there with the strongest cigars I've smoked. The natty's are a great balance and I think may have more "flavor" than its maduro brother. Though...I'd be happy to trade a couple natty's for maduro if there's anybody interested. I only have 1 maduro #9 :-)
[Reply]
Up