Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New Toy
jjirons69 10:33 AM 01-19-2011
My Palio walked off a few months ago, so I was borrowing my BIL's scissor cutter. Not a big fan. Sad times indeed. I love me some Amazon and I found this Xikar Wolf Double Punch during an early Christmas shopping event. It fits on my key chain and has a double cutter, which is awesome, 'cause now I have a choice depending on the size of smoke I have. One of the best things is I got it for a total of $15. I also love the fact that punches don't cause my sticks to come unwrapped. And with this thing, it's always where my keys are - with me. Until the Palio resurfaces, if ever, I'm a punch guy!

Anybody else have one?

[Reply]
icehog3 10:39 AM 01-19-2011
Been looking for a punch, just for cigars that seem underfilled. That's a great price on that one, Jamie.
[Reply]
DropTheE 11:07 AM 01-19-2011
That's very cool. I have just been using the punch cutter on my bugatti lighter and it's ok but I would like to have one that makes a bit bigger opening.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:09 AM 01-19-2011
I picked up a few punches over the years as I tend to use them more when I am traveling. I keep one of these in my car ($6.99):

And I carry one of these ($12.50):

Punches offer a cleaner cut, but they tend to concentrate tars which can be a problem for some smokes.
[Reply]
HK3- 11:47 AM 01-19-2011
Devan gave me a nice one over the Christmas holiday season. They work great on machine made sticks that tend to be rolled loose or underfilled.
[Reply]
staminator 05:42 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I picked up a few punches over the years as I tend to use them more when I am traveling. I keep one of these in my car ($6.99):

Six bucks on Amazon. Purchased just a few days ago. :-)
[Reply]
Bageland2000 06:19 PM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Punches offer a cleaner cut, but they tend to concentrate tars which can be a problem for some smokes.
Agreed, I really like the punch cut untill about half-way through the smoke. Great finds though guys!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:32 PM 01-19-2011
I like the looks of that one Jamie... and it seems like a killer price. I have a couple of Xikar punches and like them a lot!!
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:56 AM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by staminator:
Six bucks on Amazon. Purchased just a few days ago. :-)
$6 is awesome!
[Reply]
staminator 12:28 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
$6 is awesome!
Oh...and free shipping. :-)
[Reply]
Coz77 01:18 PM 01-20-2011
My Palio walked off a few months ago, so I was borrowing my BIL's scissor cutter. Not a big fan. Sad times indeed. I love me some Amazon and I found this Xikar Wolf Double Punch during an early Christmas shopping event. It fits on my key chain and has a double cutter, which is awesome, 'cause now I have a choice depending on the size of smoke I have. One of the best things is I got it for a total of $15. I also love the fact that punches don't cause my sticks to come unwrapped. And with this thing, it's always where my keys are - with me. Until the Palio resurfaces, if ever, I'm a punch guy!

Anybody else have one?

I have the same one in blue....I love the fact that it has 2 size punches, and its still sharp after 2 years of use. :-)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:31 PM 01-20-2011
I don't care for a punch cutter but you can't go wrong with the company! I have a new Xikar V Cutter and that thing is awesome!
[Reply]
ajacobs 09:07 PM 01-20-2011
Lately I have been enjoying a punch. The Gadget guy in me would like to see someone come out with a really high quality one.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:01 PM 01-20-2011
I think the Xikar 009 Punch is great, I've been using it a lot lately. I'll probably look around for a quality larger punch and a nicer smaller punch. Probably pick up a 007 Xikar punch anyone know of a good punch larger than a 009?
[Reply]
lisa123636 01:19 AM 01-21-2011
[url="http://www.bannedspammer.com[/URL]
Website earners, smart business owners and webmasters use PLR articles PLR EBooks and PLR products to save time. Like outsourcing but a lot cheaper and saves you a lot of time and effort, Let’s you build a website overnight.
[Reply]
boom 07:36 AM 01-21-2011

Anybody else have one?

I got this one for $8... Great punch when I need one.. I really like the large punch for larger rg smokes...
[Reply]
landhoney 07:41 AM 01-21-2011
That 'banned' avatar is pretty serious :-) Its huge!
[Reply]
HK3- 08:14 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
That 'banned' avatar is pretty serious :-) Its huge!
No kidding. As I was scrolling through the thread I came upon it and wondered how somebody got the honor of getting such a big avatar picture. Then I realized what it was all about. :-) Filthy spammers.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:44 PM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I think the Xikar 009 Punch is great, I've been using it a lot lately. I'll probably look around for a quality larger punch and a nicer smaller punch. Probably pick up a 007 Xikar punch anyone know of a good punch larger than a 009?
I own this one, it cuts a 28 rg hole. :-)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cigar-Punch-Cutt...item43a3371350
[Reply]
shilala 12:56 PM 01-21-2011
Awesome cutter, JAmie. :-)
Ya know what's even better than that cutter?
I finally won a contest here, and YOU DIDN'T!!! Suck that, punk. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up