Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 66 of 111
« First < 1656646566 676876 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
Bill86 09:00 PM 06-25-2011
A lot of higher ABV beers come in 4 packs. It helps with the higher cost beers IMO. Some places don't allow mix and match for some odd reason.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 09:49 PM 06-25-2011
I guess we just have it good here. Never seen a 4 pack and most all of the high abv beer can be purchased in 22s or a 6 pack. There is also a lost of stuff that comes in a half rack for around $14, such as Sierra Nevada and Dechutes...
[Reply]
OLS 04:06 PM 06-26-2011
I really enjoyed the KBS, he was very happy to go upstairs and get it for me, though I assured him I as not a trend-chaser and
did not really need to try it, and as confident I would be trying it at the Shack this summer. It was mighty fine beer. I was not
as happy with the Hopfenwieze, I re-arranged the letters in my mind to hefeweizen and hen I got it home I was thinking, 5hi+,
I don't like beers with proclamations that basically say 'here comes the hops'....too hoppy for me. The actual beer was not terrible.
The Yeti was also a great bottle, really enjoyed that, maybe more than the KBS, lol.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:32 AM 06-27-2011
[Reply]
Wanger 07:39 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Very curious about the Pitch Black IPA......
Had one of the Pitch Black's last night. I'm not great with describing flavors, but I'll try. I found it kinda roasty and malty. The flavor was closer to a porter or stout (to my palate), yet it's feel wasn't as heavy, with a minimum bite. Definitely a good one, and I'm glad we have more in the fridge. :-)

Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga:
Wish we had NightStalker here in GA, I've heard it's amazing. Awesome haul.
As I said...I love my wife. :-)

Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
What's up with the 4pack? Never seen that before is it related to some strange Texas law or something? It is funny to see some of this stuff on here, as much of it is the cheap beer they carry at the grocery store or 7-11... <G> Love the west coast!
...and I'm not in Texas...Minnesota. LOL And cheap? No, not really.
[Reply]
b0rderman 10:32 AM 06-27-2011
DT is trending hard in this thread
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:33 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by b0rderman:
I havent tried it yet, is it any good?
[Reply]
OLS 05:24 PM 06-27-2011
I had it and it was different enough to be 'good', but not entirely to my taste. A little more fruity than citrusy,
in fact a lot like a cider I had recently with a tomatoey taste. However I am not saying this beer tastes of
tomato. But there is a savoriness to the fruitiness. There are hops flavors there without being 'hoppy',
a little less malty than I prefer. Confused?? You won't be after this week's pint of DTs. Better than most beers,
more expensive, too. I have five left.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 05:28 PM 06-27-2011
Only "Nocturnum" is real :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:27 AM 06-28-2011
Im going to try the DT tomorrow night!
[Reply]
newcigarz 01:32 PM 06-29-2011
Having a brewery less than 10 minutes from my house is kind of nice.

1 growler ea Tequesta Imperial Red and Tequesta Der Chancellor (Kölsch).

[Reply]
macpappy 05:29 PM 07-01-2011
Found a six pack of Polygamy Porter at a grocery store in New Orleans today. I tried this several years back when my son and his wife were living about 45 miles north of Salt Lake City. It was a pretty good beer then (had to go on the Air Force base to buy the full strength version). Looking forward to trying it over the weekend with some good cigars.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 11:19 AM 07-02-2011
My 4th of July beer = a case of Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale
Attached: SumpinAle 003-400.jpg (16.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Zeuceone 03:26 PM 07-02-2011
After waiting for so long, the local brewery finally fills growlers. Also picked up a few bottles from the store.

[Reply]
cort 03:28 PM 07-02-2011
Nice Haul!
[Reply]
OLS 02:55 PM 07-06-2011
Funny thing about that Gnomegang, I thought from how often it appears here that I would have no trouble finding it at
the great little store in Boone. The guy looked at me like I'd asked for the Hope Diamond or something. He says
"I almost NEVER see that." I was bummed. I think it was one of the few beers that I was really looking forward to trying
out of all the ones I went searching for. I drank a bottle of KBS and loved that, and was thinking of that one and a
couple of others I had seen here. I thought the Gnome was gonna be a piece of cake. NEEE-ope! haha.
And I wouldn't care bit for the fact that their regular brewery products are so good.
[Reply]
b0rderman 04:26 PM 07-06-2011
Gnomegang is a definitely a good beer but I don't think it's anything to go super crazy about. Obviously, it just so happens to be the coolest name/label/scenario for a collab ever...I got a few extra bottles because of this, even after I knew the beer didn't knock my socks off. Good luck in the search, never give up!
[Reply]
newcigarz 05:06 PM 07-06-2011
Gnomegang is a definitely a good beer but I don't think it's anything to go super crazy about. Obviously, it just so happens to be the coolest name/label/scenario for a collab ever...I got a few extra bottles because of this, even after I knew the beer didn't knock my socks off. Good luck in the search, never give up!
I agree. I've had several bottles, and it's still on the shelves here in Florida.
[Reply]
OLS 10:22 AM 07-07-2011
Ahh, a collaboration, eh? (duh, it's on the label, haha). Didn't know that. Nice to know I would not be missing
anything too special. I usually feel like beer is beer anyway, that's why I was so late to this particular party.
I agree about the name-label, lol.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:02 PM 07-07-2011
Two Bottles of Firestone Walker Parabola, two bottles of Lost Abbey Serpent's Stout, and a 4 pack of Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale.

[Reply]
Page 66 of 111
« First < 1656646566 676876 > Last »
Up