Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>9/11
gettysburgfreak 08:35 PM 09-10-2010
I find it difficult to put into words what I feel every year on the 9/11 anniversary. Although I did not know anyone who perished during this terrible event, I still feel an extreme sense of anger and sadness each year. Say what you want about President Bush, but I think he said it best in his speech to America.
"These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.
Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining."

To all of those brave men/women/children that lost their lives during this tragic event RIP, may you find peace and comfort with God. To all our service men and women who have taken up the call to help defend this great nation from further attack, thank you. You deserve far more than you receive.

To my brothers in green, and other law enforcement officers, thank you for keeping our streets safe.

God Bless The United States of America and our resolve as a nation to keep going even when things seem lost. :-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:36 PM 09-10-2010
+1
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 08:38 PM 09-10-2010
Well said, and God Bless the USA!!!!!!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:44 PM 09-10-2010
Well spoken and yes, that was a great speech.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:54 PM 09-10-2010
[Reply]
Ogre 09:02 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga:
:-)
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:43 PM 09-10-2010
Well said. +1

Forgive me and please feel invited to delete this if it's inappropriate. But a number of people over the years have found this useful, so I thought I might share it here.

I was there.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:32 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Well said. +1

Forgive me and please feel invited to delete this if it's inappropriate. But a number of people over the years have found this useful, so I thought I might share it here.

I was there.
Wow Mike, that was deep. I'm at a loss for words. Thank God you're safe.

RIP to all of those that lost their lives on that tragic day.
[Reply]
JDTexan 10:47 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Well said. +1

I was there.
Thanks for that, GOD BLESS THE USA!
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:38 PM 09-10-2010
God Bless America
[Reply]
icehog3 12:23 AM 09-11-2010

Never, ever forget.
[Reply]
area51 01:10 AM 09-11-2010
Great post. God Bless the USA
[Reply]
marge796 04:31 AM 09-11-2010
We must never forget what happened to our country on that fateful day. May God bless those who fell ten years ago today.

Chris.....
[Reply]
alwayslit 04:53 AM 09-11-2010
RIP, to those who perished.
[Reply]
DPD6030 05:32 AM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Never, ever forget.
:-) let today be a day to remember always.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:36 AM 09-11-2010
I still can’t watch footage of this day and to think the perpetrators are still loose. To think we have killed and injured so many of our armed forces yet we still remain PC and polite. It’s time to move beyond our walking on eggshells and call a spade a spade. When will we have justice?

To all those who have fallen on that day and since then in the name of Terrorism, I hope your loss and sacrifice sees justice and rewards for all of humanity. We need to take the blindfolds off as a nation and as global community.
[Reply]
dunng 07:15 AM 09-11-2010
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:05 AM 09-11-2010

In remembrance of all that were murdered nine years ago today. Especially, Tim Soulas, husband, father of six and friend of mine.

You are missed my friend.

[Reply]
neoflex 08:57 AM 09-11-2010
What is most upsetting is most people have forgotten and don't even realize the significance of the day when it comes around every year.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:28 AM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
What is most upsetting is most people have forgotten and don't even realize the significance of the day when it comes around every year.
The Cigar Asylum community has not . . . and will not.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up