Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Appliance shopping and overwhelmed.
Cigary 03:08 PM 01-18-2009
Ditto this except for the Maytag,,,have had washer and dryer for over 15 years and it runs like brand new. We recently bought a home warranty package for only $435 a year,,,covers everything in the house,,,everything and if it goes bad it gets fixed regardless. I don't buy warrantys from the store anymore as this home warranty pays for everything that could go wrong,,,why pay for an extra warranty?

Originally Posted by taltos:
Having bought these items as replacements within the past 5 years, I would advise going with General Electric for all 3 and avoiding Maytag as we had terrible luck with a washer. Feature suggestions:

Refrigerator: side by side refrig/freezer combo, through the door ice/water dispenser, ice maker, adjustable shelves. Painted finishes do not show finger prints as much as stainless steel and are a couple hundred less.

Washer: top loading with at a minimum short and long wash cycles as well as temperature choice for wash and rinse.

Dryer: front loading, multiple drying cycle choices, multiple temperature choices, cool down cycle, loud cycle finished buzzer on washer and dryer.

Hope that this helps.

[Reply]
jcruse64 07:34 PM 01-18-2009
Another recommendation for Kenmore. We've been pleased with the fridge, dishwasher, and washer we bought. Also just replaced an old gas stove with an electric Frigidaire, and we like it so far.

We bought Maytag washer and dryer 4 or 5 years ago, and have been VERY unhappy with them. Already replaced the washer with a low-end Kenmore. I don't know if all Maytag stuff has lost its edge, but I'd stay away from anything Maytag from Lowe's. I'm not actually sure it IS Maytag. I called a service guy on our washer, and after describing the pulley setup on the bottom to him, he said it wasn't actually a Maytag-made appliance, just made by contract for them and Lowes and had a Maytag logo on it.

Good luck.
[Reply]
BHowe 04:56 PM 01-19-2009
Guys, thanks for all of the input.

Right now we have the fridge narrowed down to either a Samsung or GE Profile french door style fridge. Our only final decisions are to have water and Ice in the door or internally in the Fridge.

For Washer and Dryer, we are going with front loading and still torn between Whirlpool, LG, or Samsung. We want steam in the dryer for sure! Not in the washer.

The hunt continuous.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up