Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Greetings and salutations worm eaters
Da Klugs 06:20 AM 01-16-2009
As in the early bird gets the worm.

Not usually a morning person. Beat Sam and Todd to the office today they thought I was a burgler. :-)

So .. what are you supposed to do this early in the day? :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:24 AM 01-16-2009
LOL! Life starts early in the Sanitation Biz Dave.

Plenty to do here as in getting all these trucks fired up in 10 degree weather :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 06:25 AM 01-16-2009
Mostly I just regreat going to the bar last night. While I'm doing this I do everything I can to do as little as I can.
[Reply]
Rockestone 06:26 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

Plenty to do here as in getting all these trucks fired up in 10 degree weather :-)
I know the feeling. 20 trucks starting by 5:00am. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 06:27 AM 01-16-2009
Close your door and take a nap... and repeat in the afternoon... or just try to look busy... :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 06:28 AM 01-16-2009
So far I have a 2 step process going....

Make coffee
Drink Coffee
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:31 AM 01-16-2009
Get some stuff done, of course, Dave.
Expediting, uh, dispatching, uh, controlling..... whatever it is that you do.
Me? I got the wifes car started after yesterday when it wouldn't. That was a surprise, but sometimes even the good ones get a bye at -24, I suppose. A couple of the wee hours for me were spent outside getting some voltage transferred and cranking intermittently. After that chilly success, I may just grab some down filled warmth and a dog and a nap.
[Reply]
zonedar 06:31 AM 01-16-2009
You forgot the third step.

Download Coffee

Repeat until noon or until you reach resonance with the florescent lights.
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:32 AM 01-16-2009
You could get on Todd's computer and erase all the gay ****.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:32 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:

Make coffee
Drink Coffee
Is a cigar involved?
Is that a silly question?
[Reply]
ucla695 06:33 AM 01-16-2009
You're doing it right here. Browse CA. :-)
[Reply]
poker 06:35 AM 01-16-2009
This is late. My morning started at 3:15 as usual :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 06:52 AM 01-16-2009
Around 5:45 I woke up freezing. House was 50 degrees. Lil dog gave me the look like "hey tummy scratcher sup dog its freezin"?

Went down and checked the furnace. Trane high tech ,high effiency gas furnace. Running cycling etc except none of the burn chambers were .. burning. Turned it on and off (Don't laugh, This has worked in the past) Didn't this time.

Thought about calling the service guys between shivers. On a flier went outside to check the intake air pipe.. its by the driveway.

Yup. Snowplow guy had plowed show covering up the intake. No air no flame apparently. Smart or dumb depending on your perspective, furnace. Dug it out (its minus 9 here today).

Heat came on.... and I couldn't get back to sleep.
[Reply]
Lorglath 06:52 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

less thank -22 here in MN... I walked outside and seriously considered going back to bed.... but i guess that is what i do most mornings, want to go back to bed! but coffee is good!
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:53 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
You could get on Todd's computer and erase all the gay ****.
Oh Snap!!! :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:57 AM 01-16-2009

Make coffee
Drink Coffee
Add a third step. Smoke something. :-)
[Reply]
Andyman 07:12 AM 01-16-2009
Got up this morning to take a shower and no hot water.. went downstairs to look at the tankless .. looked fine.. unplugged power plugged back in reset the thermostat. Went outside in my PJ's -24* venting wasn't iced or covered by snow.. Still no hot water. New house just over a year old.. So far the gas Fireplace, Furnace and now waterheater have all crapped out.. WTH??? :-)
Around 5:45 I woke up freezing. House was 50 degrees. Lil dog gave me the look like "hey tummy scratcher sup dog its freezin"?

Went down and checked the furnace. Trane high tech ,high effiency gas furnace. Running cycling etc except none of the burn chambers were .. burning. Turned it on and off (Don't laugh, This has worked in the past) Didn't this time.

Thought about calling the service guys between shivers. On a flier went outside to check the intake air pipe.. its by the driveway.

Yup. Snowplow guy had plowed show covering up the intake. No air no flame apparently. Smart or dumb depending on your perspective, furnace. Dug it out (its minus 9 here today).

Heat came on.... and I couldn't get back to sleep.

[Reply]
piperman 07:19 AM 01-16-2009
If it got that cold here our city would shut down. damn I feel for you guys. That is just to damn COLD
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:20 AM 01-16-2009
Sup Worm Eaters?
lil late to be callin us early worms.. tomorrow I'll post earlier.

At least I had heat.
Cold water pipe froze in the downstairs bathroom. Didn't burst though, so that's cool.
Its supposed to warm up today. High of 20. That should let her thaw out.... maybe...
[Reply]
Da Klugs 07:23 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Andyman:
Got up this morning to take a shower and no hot water.. went downstairs to look at the tankless .. looked fine.. unplugged power plugged back in reset the thermostat. Went outside in my PJ's -24* venting wasn't iced or covered by snow.. Still no hot water. New house just over a year old.. So far the gas Fireplace, Furnace and now waterheater have all crapped out.. WTH??? :-)
We have 6-7 electric heaters stored in the bedroom closets that we pull out when "the high tech furnace" doesnt work. I never remember my parents old school furnace ever not working. This thing seems to have much more maint/operating issues.

Not that it will lessen the chillyness, but sending warm thoughts your way!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up