Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
General Discussion>How To Get a 1200 Sq. Ft. Humidor FREE
MikeyC 11:40 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz:
Ever hear of Gators and snakes?:-)

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon in Orlando 22 years ago.

We left Washington state temperatures in the high 20s and hit Florida with temps in the upper 50's and 60s.

We were wearing t-shirts and cut offs and the locals looked at us like we were nuts, at least those who could see us through their hooded parkas. I was suprised to see so much Alaska clothing being used in Florida.
Same thing happened to me. I used to go to school in FL and I wore t-shirt and shorts 24/7 practically. When the temps would drop into the 50's locals would be wearing sweaters and looking at me like I had a third arm growing out of my a-hole.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:44 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by DKPRLP:
Where's the Gators??
In the Swamp of course!!!

I do love our weather... except for those cold arse days in the winter!!!

Interesting item... this past year was the first year in MANY (I forget how many) years that more people left Florida than moved into Florida. As a lifelong Floridian that is strange to me.
[Reply]
Dooge 11:50 AM 01-06-2009
I would love to visit florida. I might just do that one day.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:54 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Same thing happened to me. I used to go to school in FL and I wore t-shirt and shorts 24/7 practically. When the temps would drop into the 50's locals would be wearing sweaters and looking at me like I had a third arm growing out of my a-hole.
Not this Floridian.
I live in shorts and t's.
I still have NJ winters fresh in my mind, even after 12 years (soon to be 13).

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:

Interesting item... this past year was the first year in MANY (I forget how many) years that more people left Florida than moved into Florida. As a lifelong Floridian that is strange to me.
Just a sad indicator of the economic times.
Our state is being hit hard.
I believe we are in the top three in foreclosures.
We are very high now in unemployment.
Cost of living in Florida is not what it was 15-20 years ago.
Through all that, still a paradise though.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:22 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz:
Ever hear of Gators and snakes?:-)

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon in Orlando 22 years ago.

We left Washington state temperatures in the high 20s and hit Florida with temps in the upper 50's and 60s.

We were wearing t-shirts and cut offs and the locals looked at us like we were nuts, at least those who could see us through their hooded parkas. I was surprised to see so much Alaska clothing being used in Florida.

The one thing I had trouble getting used to was the taste and smell of the water coming out of the faucet. When we got to our room, I swore the maid had to have left something floating in the toilet.
The water we get out of the faucet tastes like the water people buy in bottles.
50's and 60's is cold, Bro! The blood gets a little thin after a while down here.
:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:24 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not to many more Chicago winters before I join Scott, Carlos and the rest of the F-L-A crew. :-)

Well you are old, and starting to sound like a wuss. So yes, I think FL would be a good fit for you. :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:28 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:

I'm old but the guys down there are REALLY old. Just look at who posted from there. :-)
Yeah with my AARP discount and Medicare subsidy I was able to get this neat little scooter to help me get around.

[Reply]
ahc4353 12:31 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Yeah with my AARP discount and Medicare subsidy I was able to get this neat little scooter to help me get around.

That is a nice scooter for sure! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:15 PM 01-06-2009
You guys are cracking me up.
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:35 PM 01-06-2009
Tony, do they make a supermarket version of that scooter?
[Reply]
Blueface 01:53 PM 01-06-2009
Tony, do they make a supermarket version of that scooter?
Al,
Keep it up and Tony may find himself in NJ, strapping you to the back of that "scooter" and shooting down the NJTNPK with you on it at 150 MPH.:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:58 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Al,
Keep it up and Tony may find himself in NJ, strapping you to the back of that "scooter" and shooting down the NJTNPK with you on it at 150 MPH.:-)
He can't, against Federal Law. Once you move there you are considered to old to drive on any other US highways.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:29 PM 01-06-2009
Well you are old, and starting to sound like a wuss. So yes, I think FL would be a good fit for you. :-)
Yeah, I'm a wuss, Al. You should put on your skates and show me on the ice. :-) :-)
[Reply]
DBall 03:34 PM 01-06-2009
Yeah, I'm a wuss, Al. You should put on your skates and show me on the ice. :-) :-)
Can we buy tickets for this? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:52 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
Can we buy tickets for this? :-)
After Al commits.... :-)
[Reply]
DBall 04:16 PM 01-06-2009
After Al commits.... :-)
You've been called out, Al... you gonna stand for that?
[Reply]
icehog3 04:25 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
You've been called out, Al... you gonna stand for that?
Look at Dan the instigator! Maybe Al and I against you and....well, whomever. :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:55 PM 01-06-2009
Don't make me come down there and bring my fishing poles. :-)
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 04:57 PM 01-06-2009
I always wanted to sleep in a humidor :-)
[Reply]
DBall 05:06 PM 01-06-2009
Look at Dan the instigator! Maybe Al and I against you and....well, whomever. :-)
Ha... I went ice skating for my first time (ever) Christmas Eve. I could move around pretty well and keep myself upright, but I doubt I could dodge a speeding icehog (dodging an old guy like Al might be easier, though...). :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up