Origin: Nicaragua
Length: 4 1/4
Ring Gauge: 54
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Cut: Xicar (first cap)
Burn: 1:05
Strength: Full

First try with a fiver of these that have been sitting in the cooler for a couple of months (65% RH). Very nice smelling stick, great construction, draw was perfect. Initial flavors were very nice, oustanding complexity with a nice little spice kick on the back. Copious amounts of white smoke, and the ash held on for a good inch and a half. Unfortunately, I had to perform 2-3 touch ups and relights. The MOAB wasn't tunneling, it just burned inconsistently. The previous reviews have been spot on, in that this cigar needs more time in the humidor, and I won't touch the other four I have for at least another year. This will be a complex flavor bomb and I was impressed overall despite the burn issues. Would I buy more of these? Without a doubt, if you can find them!
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:19 AM 04-29-2011
Nice review...haven't had the pleasure of this Viaje yet, but will be on the lookout!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:41 PM 04-30-2011
Nice review. I lit one of these up the other nights. I have one more that I am giving another 6 months to rest and then a 5er sleeping at the bottom of my humidor.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:38 PM 04-30-2011
Thanks for sharing. These remind me a lot of the Holiday Blend
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:16 AM 05-01-2011
have 2 of these waiting in the humidor...smoked one already. Good stuff, tho not as strong as I thought it would be.
[Reply]
burnem 10:57 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thanks for sharing. These remind me a lot of the Holiday Blend

OOhhhh... Holiday Blend is one of my favs. I've had one of the MOAB and am hoping that age will bring them down a little and that they get closer to my experience with the HB.
[Reply]
Up