Joan 06:07 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
thanks for the Photoshop material ;-)
<evil laughter> Yes, that's quite a nub I have there. ;>
[Reply]
BillyCigars 10:09 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
They are tasty, aren't they.

I sent a half box of the lanceros to Seattle with Charlie to pass out at the Mossback herf tonight. Should be popular.
Yes you did! Thanks for sending those up here:-)

Well, I had to fire into it last night as my evening began to wind down. At first I was really blown away by the spicy character of it. Initially it left an ugly taste in my mouth but I trooped onward.

About a 3rd of the way into it, it began to really open up. The spicy blast began to mellow a great deal as well. As Joan so eloquently mentioned, it definately had that espresso/chocolate character round out the flavor profile.

I can't say I enjoyed it as much as some you guys, but it was a really nice change of pace for me and I certainly see a lot of promise for this brand going forward! :-)
[Reply]
papajohn67 11:10 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by BillyCigars:
Yes you did! Thanks for sending those up here:-)

Well, I had to fire into it last night as my evening began to wind down. At first I was really blown away by the spicy character of it. Initially it left an ugly taste in my mouth but I trooped onward.

About a 3rd of the way into it, it began to really open up. The spicy blast began to mellow a great deal as well. As Joan so eloquently mentioned, it definately had that espresso/chocolate character round out the flavor profile.

I can't say I enjoyed it as much as some you guys, but it was a really nice change of pace for me and I certainly see a lot of promise for this brand going forward! :-)
Another :-)....I smoked the one I received early this morning. Very nice cigar and also a very nice gift for those of us known as the PNW "Mossbacks".
[Reply]
colimo 11:13 PM 04-15-2009
nice review joan, they look good....hadnt heard of em until recently on here....none of my local BMs carry em that i know of....may have to give a try...particularly the bigger sizes..i.e. beli or toro

p.s. how is the wall of pics coming....did you think of me
[Reply]
Joan 04:13 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by colimo:
nice review joan, they look good....hadnt heard of em until recently on here....none of my local BMs carry em that i know of....may have to give a try...particularly the bigger sizes..i.e. beli or toro

p.s. how is the wall of pics coming....did you think of me
Of course! I am choosing frames now that I have a good dozen. Each print is a 4"x6" glossy. (except for Dogwatch Bob's shower cigar pics)

Now that tax season is over I'll have a little more time to devote to the Flat Rogue Gallery in the Girl Cave. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:35 PM 04-16-2009
Thanks for the review and photo's Joan. Sounds like an excellent tasting cigar:-):-)
[Reply]
Joan 10:59 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Thanks for the review and photo's Joan. Sounds like an excellent tasting cigar:-):-)
I think you should take these for a spin. :-)
[Reply]
SMW 04:52 PM 04-17-2009
Nice review...I couldn't agree more. As always Andy, I am not surprised.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 08:37 PM 04-20-2009
Joan I just finished a robusto and you'r review was spot on ,these are great sticks.
[Reply]
Joan 10:49 PM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
Joan I just finished a robusto and you'r review was spot on ,these are great sticks.
:-)

Stopped by a friend's house tonight to pick up some moto gear and left him with several good sticks his his ride next week across country, including one of these...

It's kind of late but I'd sure like to have one now. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:55 PM 04-20-2009
Very nice review Sis!!!

I'm gonna have to find me some of them!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Penzip 12:18 AM 04-21-2009
Sounds like a great smoke
[Reply]
scooter 07:33 AM 04-21-2009
Very nice review. I will have to look for some of these.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:51 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Joan:
:-)It's kind of late but I'd sure like to have one now. :-)
Never thought it was too late to have a cigar Joan:-)

[Reply]
Joan 08:39 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Never thought it was too late to have a cigar Joan:-)

[she laughs] Hey! I was tahred!

Maybe you'll stay up late and skype herf with me next time. :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:55 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Very nice review Sis!!!

I'm gonna have to find me some of them!!!:-)
You can find a sampler of em here Darrell

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14279
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:37 AM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by Joan:
I think you should take these for a spin. :-)
Took one for a spin this AM Joan. A Reserva Miraflor Churchill that was gifted to me from Al (awsmith4). Man, what an excellent little cigar. Some nice spice and flavor and the smoke had lots of aroma to it. Looks like I now have a new found favorite cigar here from Esteli. Now I have to start saving my pennies for a bundle of the robustos (my favorite size stick):-):-)
[Reply]
TripleF 10:38 AM 06-10-2009
Sorry I'm soooooooooooooooooo late to chime in on this great stick & review!

P.S. - Nice lid :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up