Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 38
« First < 26343536 3738 >
Coffee Discussion>What are you roasting today?
CigarSquid 08:16 AM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
Excellent choice :-) Do you blend or just drink single origins?
I normally drink single... until I have odd amounts left over.. then the blend comes in.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:22 AM 08-05-2015
Garry, I was late getting in on your original request, but am glad you found a source for your recent purchase of green coffee beans.

I'm going to add the following source located down our way in SoCal for your review, and possibly for your next purchase. Sign up for their email specials (discount codes). The codes are great when purchasing a few+ pounds. Bodhi Leaf Coffee Traders also has a great selection to choose from too:

http://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/collections/green-coffee

Oh, fast shipping to your door step too:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:21 PM 08-05-2015
Thanks Mark.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 07:00 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I normally drink single... until I have odd amounts left over.. then the blend comes in.
I blend about 90%of the time, usually a Sumatra or Monsooned Malabar with Central American and an African or Yemen. I roast separately and blend after. I like to drink my single origins on the weekends. My wife and I go through about 18-20oz./week.

That Costa Rican SHB sounds interesting, let us know how it turns out
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:28 PM 08-22-2015
Fired-up the West Bend Poppery II late this morning (sounds like a whopping commercial roaster doesn't it?) and roasted up some Brazil Bobolink Brown (about 15.25oz post-roast)...

Give it about 10 to 11 hours of de-gas time and we're ready to rock n roll:-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 04:09 PM 08-22-2015
Looks good Mark, I roasted 8 oz. of Brazil Araponga last weekend and have really been enjoying it.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:16 PM 08-22-2015
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
I roasted 8 oz. of Brazil Araponga last weekend and have really been enjoying it.
Good to hear Tom!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:28 PM 08-22-2015
Love me some Brazilian beans. Nice job Mark :-)
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 10:18 AM 08-23-2015
In the poppers today: Ethiopia DP Gey Harrar, Yemen Moka Sharasi, Colombia Marino Fiesta, and Sumatra Mandehling Gr. 1.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:15 PM 08-23-2015
Are you blending some of these Sam, or using single? All are tasty beans!
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:52 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Are you blending some of these Sam, or using single? All are tasty beans!
I saved some of the Yemen and Ethiopian for SO in my Aeropress and blended the rest. The blend has a big, silky body with complex chocolate, caramel, nuts and a bit of citrus in the cup this morning. The Yemen needs to rest a couple more days before the berries will pop out on the top end. Fantastic cup of coffee to say the least. :-)
[Reply]
buddhadaddy 02:21 PM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Garry, I was late getting in on your original request, but am glad you found a source for your recent purchase of green coffee beans.

I'm going to add the following source located down our way in SoCal for your review, and possibly for your next purchase. Sign up for their email specials (discount codes). The codes are great when purchasing a few+ pounds. Bodhi Leaf Coffee Traders also has a great selection to choose from too:

http://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/collections/green-coffee

Oh, fast shipping to your door step too:-)
The deal I set up with them is a 10% discount by typing in CIGARS as the code,
[Reply]
buddhadaddy 02:52 PM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by buddhadaddy:
I have been told that the code is not working at the moment. I will try to get over there this week and find out what happened.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 03:37 AM 08-25-2015
:-):-)
[Reply]
buddhadaddy 07:47 PM 08-27-2015
I stopped by Bodhi Leaf yesterday and as suspected, when they changed their web site there were a couple of glitches, our discount code being one of them.

The 10% discount code, "CIGAR" is back in effect.

By the way, the warehouse is brimming with some really nice beans! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:28 AM 08-28-2015
I stopped by Bodhi Leaf yesterday and as suspected, when they changed their web site there were a couple of glitches, our discount code being one of them.

The 10% discount code, "CIGAR" is back in effect.

By the way, the warehouse is brimming with some really nice beans! :-)

:-)
Unfortunately I ordered 20lbs. of beans from them a week before you posted the discount code :-) I'll use it next order, thanks for setting that up :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:39 AM 08-28-2015
What rule or how much do you measure of coffee to grind per cup?
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 07:17 AM 08-29-2015
It depends on the method used to brew your coffee, however, the standard ratio of coffee to water is 1 gram of coffee to 17 grams of water. Here's a great chart to use that covers all units of measurement

https://blackbearcoffee.com/resources/83
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:53 AM 08-29-2015
Thanks Sam. I'll have to read that once I get some coffee in me.
[Reply]
tsolomon 09:23 AM 08-29-2015
I have started weighing my coffee in grams so that I can get to that perfect cup. For my drip coffee it's around 40-45 grams for 8 cups.

Roasted 8oz of Kenya AA last night as the Rwanda I roasted earlier in the week just wasn't what I wanted to drink.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 38
« First < 26343536 3738 >
Up