Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>Any sushi fans?
nater 10:13 PM 03-17-2010
I used to work at a sushi restaurant in college just to pay for my habit... In fact, tomorrow is date night with the girlfriend, and it is sushi!
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:32 AM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I LOVE sushi. You have to make sure the place you eat is serving good stuff though. I know people who spend a lot of money for really poor quality fish.
Funny you mention this.
My oldest friend turned me on to Sushi. A couple years ago he was telling me about this place that had a "all you can eat Sushi lunch special" and that I had to try it! :-)
Well I went with him and you had to wait in line to get in the door.The first thing I noticed was there were very few Asians there for lunch.Bad omen.
Then when we got a table and went up to get our meals,I have to tell you I wouldn't let my Cat or Dog eat that fish.
I'm guessing they use the fish that is near the end of it's usable life.They were going at it like pack wolves though,some folks are just clueless I reckon.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:35 AM 03-18-2010
I love sushi! Here's another thread.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:31 AM 03-18-2010
I can eat enough sushi to make a killer whale blush! :-)
[Reply]
jkim05 09:53 AM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by South Shield:
Of course its sushi. All sushi means is appetizer.
Was this a joke? Not trying to be offensive, just not sure if it was meant to be funny. That being said, I love sushi, sashimi, maki...I think I just love Japanese food. Being Korean, I grew up with it at home, though much more rustic in presentation. One of my favorites growing up was fresh caught rockfish with korean hot pepper paste.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 08:08 PM 03-22-2010
I tried sushi for the first time last week and it was great. It was a tuna, cucumber, seaweed stuff, and rice. I need to have more!
[Reply]
irons 02:59 PM 04-13-2010
LOVE sushi and sashimi. Made some at home. I was reminded why I go out to eat it. Atmosphere as much as the food. It's hard to enjoy while trying to keep four kids in line at the table. The baby throwing food around, youngest boy not wanting to put his pants back on, etc...

Though the fish quality was great; delicious. Even the sushi rice turned out decent for a first attempt.
[Reply]
poker 03:05 PM 04-13-2010
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5290
[Reply]
neoflex 03:16 PM 04-13-2010
Wife just told me a little while ago that I am on my own for dinner Thursday since she has to go back to school for a function later that night so it sounds like Thursday will be Sushi night for me.:-)
[Reply]
tupacboy 11:27 PM 04-13-2010
traditional sushi lover here! rolls = no go

sushi zo here in la = amazing!
[Reply]
nomadicwookie 08:15 AM 04-23-2010
Sashimi tuna is one of my absolute favorite things to eat. An old friend and I have been known to down 3lbs or more in a sitting. He used to say: Do you know why dolphins are always smiling? Because there bellies are full of fish.
[Reply]
farily 01:27 AM 06-17-2010
There are many recipes for sushi-su (seasoned vinegar), but all use the same basic components: rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Some recipes also through in a small piece of kombu, which adds more depth of flavor, but this is optional. I prefer my sushi-su to be not as sweet as some. Once you make your own, you can adjust the sugar to suit your personal taste! This recipe makes 1 cup of sushi-su. I like to make extra sushi-su so that I can use it as a salad dressing (you can add some sesame or olive oil, but I like it without). It is delicious tossed with baby arugula and then sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
[Reply]
whodeeni 04:25 AM 06-17-2010
I'm not totally into sashimi just yet, but I do love sushi!
Had it for lunch two days ago!
[Reply]
forgop 08:25 AM 06-17-2010
I was on a kick that I was hitting up a buffet that had sushi 2-3 times a week for much of May. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 11:35 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
I'm not totally into sashimi just yet, but I do love sushi!
Had it for lunch two days ago!
Tuna and salmon are two good choices if you're just getting into sashimi.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
timj219 06:49 PM 06-28-2010
I love sushi and sashimi and tuna tataki which is cooked just enough to char the outside leaving the rest raw. There are a couple places in town which are not bad but I really love to get it when we're in NYC. There are dozens of top notch sushi places there.
[Reply]
HK3- 12:20 PM 06-29-2010
Ate sushi last night. We have two places here in town but only one is good. (the other freezes their tuna) Had a sushi combo last night with two of the smoked eel as a side. Normally I drink asahi with my meal but I was riding my motorcycle so I opted for water instead.

In DC they have an all you can eat sushi deal. You have to eat the first serving of their pick and the rest is all you. :-) That's the only place I've been to were I've eaten sushi until it almost made me sick. :-) And I would do it all over again!
[Reply]
captain53 12:34 PM 06-29-2010
:-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:45 PM 06-29-2010
Love me some sushi!!!
[Reply]
neoflex 12:51 PM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
That's the only place I've been to were I've eaten sushi until it almost made me sick. :-) And I would do it all over again!
I feel like I do this every time I eat Sushi. funny thing is I am not big fan of cooked fish.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up