Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Your Favorit Salsa Recipe?
blugill 05:37 PM 07-06-2010
So let's have it, what's your best salsa?
Veggie, fruit, or hybrid?
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 05:57 PM 07-06-2010
Walk to nearest grocery store, find on the boarder brand salsa, purchase, open and enjoy!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:16 PM 07-06-2010
If I don't make it myself, any of Rick Bayless' stuff is awesome.
[Reply]
blugill 06:27 PM 07-06-2010
Yeah the homemade stuff, what you make and eat:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:37 PM 07-06-2010
I peel and seed a crap load of tomatoes, add way more chopped cilantro than I think I need, add some diced onion, add some jalapeno, add some seasoned salt and crushed red pepper. Done!!
[Reply]
bobarian 07:20 PM 07-06-2010
Heirloom tomatoes, cilantro, white or red onion, fresh jalapeno, serrano and poblano peppers. Chop in food processor. Salt to taste. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:10 PM 07-06-2010
Guess I need to go back to remedial reading.

I'll take a pound or so of tomatoes, a big handful of cilantro, 4-5 garlic cloves roasted in a dry pan, half an onion roasted in a dry pan, 3-4 guajillo chiles (reconstituted in warm water, reserving the water to adjust overall salsa consistency) juice of a lime and salt to taste. Puree in the blender. Pour into a bowl and grab a bag of tortilla chips.

Another version replaces the tomatoes with tomatillos (roasted under the broiler) and 2 chipotle peppers. Makes a great green chili base.
[Reply]
jlaker 08:23 PM 07-06-2010
3 cups diced watermelon
1 green pepper chopped
1 finely chopped jalapeno
1 finely chopped garlic clove
juice of 1/2 lime
2 diced green onions
salt to taste

Watermelon was on sale yesterday so after I cut up alot of it, I looked at it and thought "what the hell am I going to do with the rest of this?". The salsa was a hit at a cookout I went to later in the day. It sounds weird and people are skeptical but the sweet and spicy really work together well.
[Reply]
Up