Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Best Bottled Wing Sauce?
blugill 05:45 PM 06-16-2010
I picked up a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo wing sauce tonight and it's pretty darn tasty!

I haven't tried anything from a chain like Hooters or BDubs, I've had those there and no interest in buying the sauce. I'd like something different and that I havent' had before.

So BOTLs, what's the best out there?
[Reply]
Jbailey 05:46 PM 06-16-2010
For a bottle sauce I enjoy Franks Hot sauce.
[Reply]
captain53 05:55 PM 06-16-2010
Stubbs Wing Sauce is really good but it is extremely hot!!! Too hot for many folks but if you like hot give it a try if your store has it.
[Reply]
Stevez 06:21 PM 06-16-2010
Another fan of Frank's Hot sauce here, but I'd love to try different ones. Look forward to other responses here. Don't think I could do the extremely hot ones.
[Reply]
captain53 06:30 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Another fan of Frank's Hot sauce here, but I'd love to try different ones. Look forward to other responses here. Don't think I could do the extremely hot ones.
Then definitely don't do Stubbs Wing Sauce it comes in regular and Wicked but the regular is extremely hot so can't imagine the wicked. I will have to try the Sweet Baby Rays as I like their bb'q sauce.

I too look forward to a lot of good suggestions here!:-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:10 PM 06-16-2010
So easy to make your own, why buy bottles?

I tend to use a mix of unsalted butter melted in a pan with some finely chopped fresh garlic and a pinch of fresh ground black pepper; cook garlic in the butter for about a minute until it becomes fragrant, add a generous portion of franks red hot (for body & density) and a little Tabasco for a little kick and the vinegar bite and optionally an just a bit of a hotter sauce like one of the Berserker sauces, Blair's sauces or Dave's Insanity. Not much though, just a few drops, because it'll overpower the flavor of the food. I've also added powdered chipotle peppers for a smokey-hot type flavor. Depending on ones tastes and the wings, add salt to taste just before adding the wings to coat.
[Reply]
chachee52 07:13 PM 06-16-2010
Big fan of Wing-It! It's think and has a nice spice to it. Use it for my wings and put a little in my chili too.
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:22 PM 06-16-2010
I like Footy's Wing Sauce!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:22 PM 06-16-2010
Hooters wing sauce
[Reply]
blugill 07:29 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
So easy to make your own, why buy bottles?

I tend to use a mix of unsalted butter melted in a pan with some finely chopped fresh garlic and a pinch of fresh ground black pepper; cook garlic in the butter for about a minute until it becomes fragrant, add a generous portion of franks red hot (for body & density) and a little Tabasco for a little kick and the vinegar bite and optionally an just a bit of a hotter sauce like one of the Berserker sauces, Blair's sauces or Dave's Insanity. Not much though, just a few drops, because it'll overpower the flavor of the food. I've also added powdered chipotle peppers for a smokey-hot type flavor. Depending on ones tastes and the wings, add salt to taste just before adding the wings to coat.
I've got a bottle of The Source I like to break out at parties:-)
For the lesser brave I bring out the Wanza's Wicked Temptation.
[Reply]
T.G 08:09 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by blugill:
I've got a bottle of The Source I like to break out at parties:-)
For the lesser brave I bring out the Wanza's Wicked Temptation.
Cool. Sounds like you're all set to whip up a batch of wicked hot wing sauce then. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:27 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
:-) Really like this sauce. I have tried a bunch of sauces and I keep coming back to this one. :-)
[Reply]
qwerty1500 08:56 PM 06-16-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
The one we like is Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce.
[Reply]
farily 01:21 AM 06-17-2010
I have just tired two sauces from Wings To Go, a restaurant franchise company from MD, Hot and Homicide and both were very good. The Hot was as it should be , hot not burning but the homicide was Heat in a bottle plus it had very good taste. Your mind was "don't touch that stuff again" but you taste buds were saying"but it taste so good" I want to try the other sauces they list on the web but I live to far from any of the units to visit them.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 01:25 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Hooters wing sauce
my wife loves this stuff

i'm a fan of bufallo wild wing's mango habanero sauce. not very hot, but just a touch and complemented from the sweet mango flavors. awesome stuff
[Reply]
Up