Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Any sushi fans?
replicant_argent 01:15 PM 06-29-2010
I enjoy it. The wife? Not so much, so I don't get it nearly as often as I would like.
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 01:24 PM 06-29-2010
Quite definitely my favorite kind of food. If I could afford to eat it everyday I would! My favorite quote from a friend of mine upon trying a piece of raw salmon for the first time: "Now I know why bears rip these things open right out of the water!"
[Reply]
timj219 01:40 PM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I enjoy it. The wife? Not so much, so I don't get it nearly as often as I would like.
Try doing some housework or buying flowers. That always works for me.:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:43 PM 06-29-2010
Originally Posted by timj219:
SUSHI, Tim, SUSHI.......
[Reply]
HK3- 01:47 PM 06-29-2010
SUSHI, Tim, SUSHI.......
Had to read that twice..... :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:58 PM 06-29-2010
Stay on topic. This thread is about sushi. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 07:48 AM 06-30-2010
Both the wife and I love sushi. Though I will say that it's hard to find a good place here in MPLS. Chino Latino is good, Sushi Tango (Woodbury) and pretty decent, and we've been impressed with what we had at Fuji-Ya. I like Kabuki Sushi in Eden Priarie (by work for me).

NUMMY!
[Reply]
floydpink 08:27 AM 06-30-2010
I'm lucky. The best sushi in Orlando is next door to the biggest cigar store in the country.

Atom bomb rolls at Amura.:-)
[Reply]
DocLogic77 09:21 AM 06-30-2010
:-) Now that is funny.

My first taste of sushi was just wrong. First, never eat Sushi in West Virginia. Second, don't start with sea urchin. I avoided it for years after that horrific experience. My friends were just laughing as I ate it.

I did start with the easy stuff again about a year ago (california rolls and philly rolls if you can even call that real sushi). I did enjoy those.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:29 AM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I'm lucky. The best sushi in Orlando is next door to the biggest cigar store in the country.

Atom bomb rolls at Amura.:-)
In the times I've been to that Corona, I've wanted to go grab some sushi next door, but haven't. :-) Next time we're down there, we will, whenever that will be.
[Reply]
Kreth 12:18 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by DocLogic77:
My first taste of sushi was just wrong. First, never eat Sushi in West Virginia. Second, don't start with sea urchin. I avoided it for years after that horrific experience. My friends were just laughing as I ate it.
Uni is defnitely an acqured taste, but it's one of my favorites now. The local place serves it as a roll topped with a quail egg.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MikeyRocks 03:44 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by South Shield:
only place for sushi is Jo's in Pleasant Hill, CA
I'm a little late replying to this, but I work in Pleasant Hill. I'm gonna have to give this place a try... Image

If any of you are into sashimi, I highly recommend trying Toro. It's a little pricey in most places, but worth every penny. Toro is the "filet mignon" of tuna, it literally melts in your mouth.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:59 PM 06-30-2010
:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH4j...eature=related
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:13 PM 06-30-2010
Love me some sushi and sashimi. I can't bet enough seaweed salad. Luckily there are several good places around here, but the best ever was when I used to do a lot of off shore fishing. We would mix up a jar of wasabi and head out. When we caught the first yellowfin tuna we would just stop fishing and eat like kings for a half hour or so. Nothing like it!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up