Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Pizzas on the gas grill
blugill 05:46 AM 08-19-2009
I'm still saving for my Weber. I can't wait to dive into this, my current grill is just too tiny for cooking such an endeavor.
[Reply]
ratpack 06:11 AM 08-19-2009
Wow. Looks good. How big are those babies?
[Reply]
Tio Gato 02:24 PM 08-20-2009
Those pizzas look fantastic, thanks for sharing.:-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 03:23 PM 08-20-2009
:-) nice job!
[Reply]
gosgirl 01:04 AM 09-10-2009
It looks like so delicious,I want to have it.:-)
[Reply]
fxpose 10:45 AM 09-12-2009
I did my last pizza session on the Weber charcoal grill.....6 minutes @ 500+ degrees. I was happy with the way they turned out. This time, dough was made from scratch. :-)

[Reply]
shaggy 01:13 PM 09-13-2009
just a quick word of advice here on using a pizza stone. dont preheat it directly over a burner that is on.....burns the stone and ruins it. the best bet is the cast iron pan, the pan with all the holes in the bottom or directly on the grill over indirect heat
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 10:03 PM 09-13-2009
I did this a couple weeks ago . The wife just asked earlier today when I was going to do it again . I used premade dough , mozzarella , riccotta and baby spinach on one , tomato sauce and mozarella on another and the third was a pepperoni pie . Gonna do the spinach and riccotta again and try one with some bacon and tomato sauce this time . Grilled pizza is great . Nice thread !
[Reply]
yachties23 10:08 PM 09-13-2009
One of the best things you can get if you intend to make homemade pizza is a pizza stone. Works great in both the oven and on the grill.
[Reply]
Scothew 10:44 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by shaggy:
just a quick word of advice here on using a pizza stone. dont preheat it directly over a burner that is on.....burns the stone and ruins it. the best bet is the cast iron pan, the pan with all the holes in the bottom or directly on the grill over indirect heat
What about over charcoal? I got a stone I've never really used ever.

You are supposed to season them as well right? Any steps on how, as I can't say its ever been done.
[Reply]
BlackDog 11:03 AM 09-14-2009
This looks awesome, I think I know what we're having for dinner tonight.

Why can't you heat the stone over the burner? How is that different than a gas oven?
[Reply]
shaggy 02:13 PM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by Scothew:
What about over charcoal? I got a stone I've never really used ever.

You are supposed to season them as well right? Any steps on how, as I can't say its ever been done.
i would try to keep the coals in a ring around the outside of the stone...not so much head directly under it
i never seasoned mine.....as i cooked pizza on it tho it seemed to work better

as far as how it is different from a gas oven i dont know but i do know that i had mine on the grill...all 3 burners going to generate some heat and the stone turned black
[Reply]
Lobo 12:59 AM 09-17-2009
works good on a pellet grill too... smokey...
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:38 PM 09-18-2009
Did the bacon pizza on the grill tonight . Absolutely delicious . I pre cooked the bacon first and then cut it up into big pieces . A little Cento Pizza sauce and some mozzarella cheese topped with the bacon - equals awesome . By the way I used thick cut bacon .
[Reply]
itsme_timd 09:14 PM 09-18-2009
I love pizza on the grill!

I turn on one side of the grill and do the crust there then move it over to the other side and bake it. I've got fresh basil growing and always put some of that on their with fresh mozzarella and other toppings.

Nice thread!
[Reply]
boom 08:30 PM 08-22-2010
Did these last weekend...

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up