Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Anyone had problems with their Palio cutter?
xerais 09:05 AM 08-04-2013
I've had mine for a good 5 years. Just recently (within the last week) the two halves started coming apart after I cut a cigar. It still works mind you, but it is extremely annoying having to put the pieces together all the time.

I read that it has a lifetime warranty, but I don't have the box or pouch anymore. There is a Jungle Jim's right next to me that sells them so I figured I'd stop by and see if they will replace it.

It is the light grey model however, and I don't think they even make them anymore.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:12 AM 08-04-2013
Originally Posted by xerais:
I've had mine for a good 5 years. Just recently (within the last week) the two halves started coming apart after I cut a cigar. It still works mind you, but it is extremely annoying having to put the pieces together all the time.

I read that it has a lifetime warranty, but I don't have the box or pouch anymore. There is a Jungle Jim's right next to me that sells them so I figured I'd stop by and see if they will replace it.

It is the light grey model however, and I don't think they even make them anymore.
If Jungle Jim's is a licensed Palio retailer, they will replace it without question. If they don't, let me know via PM.
[Reply]
xerais 09:16 AM 08-04-2013
Awesome. I'm going to head up there later today so I'll post on the outcome.

I'm thinking they probably are, I bought my Palio lighter there about a month ago, and they carry all the different styles of cutters and lighters.
[Reply]
xerais 10:40 AM 08-04-2013
Well they didn't replace it. I honestly don't think whoever was working knew what he was supposed to do. He called his manager and informed me that it had a limited lifetime warranty and they didn't have my model.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:52 AM 08-04-2013
They should have offered to order a replacement for you... Good customer service and all that...
[Reply]
markem 12:42 PM 08-04-2013
Well they didn't replace it. I honestly don't think whoever was working knew what he was supposed to do. He called his manager and informed me that it had a limited lifetime warranty and they didn't have my model.
Here is a link to the Palio warranty, http://www.paliocutter.com/warranty.htm. You can show it to the vendor or you can email the link on the page to inform Palio of your situation and ask how to proceed. The owner hasn't been logged on for a couple of weeks (and it is trade show season), otherwise you could PM OpusEx.

If you don't hear anything back in about a week, let pnoon or I know and one of us will contact the owner to see if we can find out a status for you.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:00 PM 08-04-2013
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ky70 03:55 PM 08-04-2013

Love Palio cutters! Mine started doing the same but after maybe 8 years of use (that's a good usage life in my book). I took mine to a local Palio dealer at the 9 year mark and they gave me a brand new cutter with the pouch...all I had was the cutter (lost the original pouch).
[Reply]
xerais 08:48 AM 08-06-2013
Update:

I stopped in today in hopes a manager would be on duty. He was there and replaced my cutter no questions asked. Apparently he received an email from his sales rep informing him of the lifetime warranty.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here that was such a big help.
[Reply]
markem 08:54 AM 08-06-2013
Palio rocks!
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 09:11 AM 08-06-2013
Good Deal!
[Reply]
pnoon 09:26 AM 08-06-2013
Update:

I stopped in today in hopes a manager would be on duty. He was there and replaced my cutter no questions asked. Apparently he received an email from his sales rep informing him of the lifetime warranty.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here that was such a big help.
Great news, Matt.

Another reason why many of us think so highly of Palio.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:33 AM 08-06-2013
Very cool to see the manager do the right thing!
[Reply]
Robulous78 08:29 PM 08-06-2013
I am having this same problem... But don't know any local stores that carry it... anyone know if I can mail it off?
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:34 PM 08-06-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I am having this same problem... But don't know any local stores that carry it... anyone know if I can mail it off?
Contact Palio

http://www.paliocutter.com/warranty.htm

If you cant find a solution, send it to me and I'll take it by a local shop here that carries them; however, Palio's service is usually top-notch
[Reply]
Moose6026 08:37 PM 08-06-2013
Glad to hear customer service is not totally dead these days. Love my Palio, it was a gift from DPD6030
[Reply]
.cigardude. 07:44 AM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by Moose6026:
Glad to hear customer service is not totally dead these days. Love my Palio, it was a gift from DPD6030
That's a nice gift:-)
[Reply]
czerbe 07:54 AM 08-07-2013
My Palio is my go to cutter I love that thing!!!
[Reply]
shopkins82 12:25 PM 08-07-2013
I wish Xikar would extend this in-store exchange policy to its authorized retailers...
[Reply]
markem 12:40 PM 08-07-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Call Heartfelt: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/

I know that Palio has directed customers to them in the past who needed replacements.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up