Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Recipes>Mosca's Chicken a la Grande
Chainsaw13 05:45 PM 12-12-2011
Here's my twist on Brads recipe. I start by browning the chicken in the skillet. When I flip to brown the other side, I add the whole garlic cloves, artichokes and the dried herbs, plus a bit of red pepper flakes. When the other side is browned, add the wine and then put into a 375F oven for 35-40 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and remove chicken/artichoke from the pan. Transfer the garlic and sauce to a blender and give it a whir. Pour back into the pan and reduce as needed over med high heat. When sauce is at consistency desired, cut the heat and add a tablespoon or two of butter. Swirl the pan until its melted. Pour over chicken. Enjoy!
[Reply]
OLS 04:43 PM 12-13-2011
Artichokes are really a perfect match for the way this dish tastes....find a way to work in a few italian breadcrumbs
and you got a deal!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:58 PM 12-13-2011
Capers and a bit of lemon are good too.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 09:19 PM 12-15-2011
Well I made it for the first time tonight. I didn't have much time as my 3 year old girl is sick and it was a challenge preparing a new meal. I stuck with the recipe for the most part, just added the artichoke hearts. I browned the chicken with the goods, then moved to an oven dish and baked the rest of the time. We needed to use up a bag of potatoes so we stuck with those and green beans. I'm very happy with my first attempt but next time I will make more time to add more garlic as my wife and I are garlic lovers.

[Reply]
OLS 01:05 PM 12-16-2011
Not sure about the additions and the changes, to my personal taste, anyway, but I continue to believe
artichokes can definitely add positive things in the long run. I will never find OUT, but I am not against it, haha.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 12:11 PM 12-20-2011
A couple nights later, we mixed the leftovers with a Costco pack of fresh butternut squash ravioli... was gooda!
[Reply]
OLS 05:00 PM 09-09-2013
Once more time.....had this on vacation, we were in the store wondering what to buy with our corn on the bob and beer.
I know my sister ALWAYS has an open bottle of white wine in the fridge, so this was an easy call. All thighs on this trip.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:32 PM 09-09-2013
I bet you sopped up those pan drippings with some nice crusty bread. Mmm...
[Reply]
OLS 06:34 AM 09-10-2013
Sadly Bobby-baby, I DID NOT. We planned for the dish, but not the meal. There might have been bread in the house
but we did not use it. However she did make an extremely large pot of pasta, way more than we needed, and when the
meal was over, all the juice got dumped on all the spare pasta, and THE NEXT DAY, that pasta had soaked up so much
garlic and olive oil that it was just unbelievably good after 20 secs in the microwave. I find that I prefer to use twice
the olive oil in this one, and twice the wine, and twice everything, because the sauce is far too useful to have around.
Too much trouble to make it later, best to make way more than you need and then save the ample leftovers for
seasoning spaghetti. But the burps? Nigga please, go sit outside. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up