Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Really Good Torch Lighter?
Chingas 01:50 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
I want to carry for now. I'll look for a tabletop later.

Bob has anyone ever told you your crazy?

Crazy? How about a great BOTL! Well done Bob!
[Reply]
bigdix 06:41 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Blazer PB207
:-)
[Reply]
Langod 05:54 AM 08-13-2010
I really like the Blazer Z-plus insert. Turns a Zippo into a good jet-torch lighter.
z-Plus insert
[Reply]
bigdix 05:56 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Blazer PB207
This is a great torch....but I haven't had any problems with my Xikar Executive either, lights everytime. I just like the clear reservoir on the blazer a bit better. And the trick with any of these is QUALITY butane.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:02 AM 08-13-2010
Porsche Design makes a few nice ones.
[Reply]
hartumpire 05:27 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Cigary:
How much are you wanting to spend as I have a variety of lighters that are really good and one is a combo torch/soft flame lighter which works great. http://www.buylighters.com/Double-Fl...ter_p_693.html

Just got this last week and I love it...it's a soft flame but it works and looks exactly as my ST Dupont lighter...with the PING and everything. LGC ST Dupont like lighter
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/beatclockdeals.html

I wouldnt recommend buying lighters from this company. I purchased a 3 lighter special about 4 months ago. 2 of the 3 lighters didnt work when they arrived right out of the box. They did send 2 replacement lighters which worked for about a month. And as of today NONE of the lighters no longer work. Spend the extra money and buy yourself a REAL LIGHTER.....
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 05:59 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Get one!

Thats an Xikar? Im trying to find it
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:18 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Ncpsycho:
Thats an Xikar? Im trying to find it
It looks to be a Dupont copy, given away with a box purchase. A quick google search found one retailer still running the promotion, there may be others as well.
[Reply]
levrac68 11:02 AM 04-21-2012
I have an Xikar single flame which looks, feels and works great, but its a bit small and doesn't hold a lot of fuel. I picked up a dbbl flame BlackOps on cigar bid for 8 bucks and it could cook a ribeye well done with fuel to spare. If you're like me and bring a few sticks out for a walk, the BlackOps might be to your liking.
[Reply]
ripper 01:34 PM 04-21-2012
Bobarian steered this old bart to the 1300-C butane jet lighter from dealextreme. The lighter and their service used to be excellent.
Now their service is non-existent. I ordered 7 lighters on March 6, they charged my card, never received anything. They say the item is out of stick, though the web site states they are in-stock, still waiting for them to credit my VISA.
Serves me right to deal with Hong Kong. Dave at buylighters.com does not suffer from this foolishness. Have been a steady consumer of the extremely stylish and reliable Nibo Space 7 double-flame torch. More $ but I don't worry about getting bunco'd.

http://www.buylighters.com/Nibo-Spac...hter_p_78.html
[Reply]
ripper 02:31 PM 04-26-2012
UPDATE:
After 3 messages, DealExtreme responded. A woman (I think) named Sherry took good care of me. She cancelled the order and refunded my credit card charge.
Funny the web site says the lighters and cutters I ordered are IN Stock. But she replied that the items are backordered.
[Reply]
TheBigAsh 11:49 PM 05-25-2012
My 1st lighter is still my hardest worker.
Lights up and keeps the flame effortlessly.
It's a single torch Vector "Max"

My 2nd lighter is the triple torch "Heatranc"
This one has given me problems in the past.
Some operator caused. After spending time
with it and learning some basic maintenence.
It's become a solid lighter.

Now, this Bad boy is on my wish list!!
The Vector THUNDRA

Can't go wrong with the VECTOR brand. They stand behind them.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 01:20 AM 05-26-2012
Originally Posted by TheBigAsh:
My 1st lighter is still my hardest worker.
Lights up and keeps the flame effortlessly.
It's a single torch Vector "Max"

My 2nd lighter is the triple torch "Heatranc"
This one has given me problems in the past.
Some operator caused. After spending time
with it and learning some basic maintenence.
It's become a solid lighter.

Now, this Bad boy is on my wish list!!
The Vector THUNDRA

Can't go wrong with the VECTOR brand. They stand behind them.
Vector rules. My shop stopped carrying Xikar lighters after maybe 3/4ths of the lighters we sold started coming back for repairs within two months. We switched to Vector products last June. Since then, not one lighter has been returned as defective. The $12 Urbano triple torch is our best seller. The cheapest Xikar that has comparable features retails for at least $60.
Here's a dirty little secret, the guts of that Thundra lighter are the same as the Urbano, with the execption of a slightly larger fuel tank. The Thundra has weights in the bottom to make it feel heftier.
[Reply]
area51 09:13 AM 05-26-2012
+1 for Vector
[Reply]
lenguamor 12:26 PM 05-26-2012
[Reply]
TwiceTheJava 03:45 PM 06-07-2012
I'd pay a lot of money for a reliable torch lighter. I haven't found one yet.

I'm going to send my Xikar Tech back. I've had it less than a year and I can't get it to light anymore.

I'll probably end up sending back my Xikar Element too. It lights about 1/3 of the time and it's getting worse.

My Xikar xi2 cutter is also jammed up and no longer works after less than a year.

Not not rag on Xikar, I had another expensive torch lighter (Colibri I think) that frustrated me so much with not working that I threw it away. I also have a CI lighter that sucks. Every torch lighter I've owned can be blown out simply by having it too close to my face and not holding my breath, to say nothing of a gentle breeze. I use Xikar fuel, so I don't think they're getting clogged up.

At this point I'm willing to go as high as $200 for a reliable torch lighter.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:12 PM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by TwiceTheJava:
I'd pay a lot of money for a reliable torch lighter. I haven't found one yet.

I'm going to send my Xikar Tech back. I've had it less than a year and I can't get it to light anymore.

I'll probably end up sending back my Xikar Element too. It lights about 1/3 of the time and it's getting worse.

My Xikar xi2 cutter is also jammed up and no longer works after less than a year.

Not not rag on Xikar, I had another expensive torch lighter (Colibri I think) that frustrated me so much with not working that I threw it away. I also have a CI lighter that sucks. Every torch lighter I've owned can be blown out simply by having it too close to my face and not holding my breath, to say nothing of a gentle breeze. I use Xikar fuel, so I don't think they're getting clogged up.

At this point I'm willing to go as high as $200 for a reliable torch lighter.
PM me your address and I will send you a $2 lighter that will outlast all your Xikar's. :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 10:05 PM 06-07-2012
I have a lotus lighter I keep at the house. The travel lighter is a cheaper triple flame something or nother. Love my lotus.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 05:40 AM 11-06-2013
I'm in the market for a quality torch but keep returning to what appears to be the sad fact that they don't exist, no matter how much you pay. Am I wrong? If I can't get something reliable that will last unto death can I at least find such that will last 2 or 3 years and work reliably and well? I'm willing to spend as much as $150.

Although it's apparent that some posters have lighters that they feel work well, what that says to me is that it is true that some lighters work well while the majority of the comments that I read say otherwise.

I talked with a guy from elighters.com a few years back who said that the guts of all lighters are made in one factory.

Thanks for your help.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:20 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
I'm in the market for a quality torch but keep returning to what appears to be the sad fact that they don't exist, no matter how much you pay. Am I wrong? If I can't get something reliable that will last unto death can I at least find such that will last 2 or 3 years and work reliably and well? I'm willing to spend as much as $150.

Although it's apparent that some posters have lighters that they feel work well, what that says to me is that it is true that some lighters work well while the majority of the comments that I read say otherwise.

I talked with a guy from elighters.com a few years back who said that the guts of all lighters are made in one factory.

Thanks for your help.
I have been using this one for a couple years without any issues, love this thing and I have tried most other options.
Big tank, lights everytime, strong flame, metal construction. (it is a large lighter but I don't mind, it fits in my pocket)
I have a really nice Xikar I never use as well as Ronsons and the $3 DX lighters, z-torch insert, I prefer this one:

http://dx.com/p/portable-1300-c-stai...um=dealextreme
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up