Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Questing Regarding Humi and Beads
FrequenC 12:41 PM 10-16-2008
I just had a question about seasoning my new humi when it arrives.

I know about putting the shot glass of distilled water in the humi in order to season it but I was wondering if I can put the beads in the humi at the same time in order to prep those as well?

I'd like to avoid spraying them directly with distilled water so there are no flakes so I was wondering if this is possible or will the beads absorb all the moisture slowing down the seasoning process?
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:44 PM 10-16-2008
I would wait to put them in. The beads will suck up too much of the humidity and then you will have to dry them out.
[Reply]
madurolover 12:49 PM 10-16-2008
I would go ahead and wet the beads and put them in along with the shotglasses.:-)
[Reply]
GWags 01:50 PM 10-16-2008
I would ask the guy you bought the beads from. Starting out on the right foot will save you troubles down the road.
[Reply]
php007 02:41 PM 10-16-2008
If you wet the beads before you put them in along with shot glass you will ne fine. This will actualy help season the humidor mush faster.
[Reply]
FrequenC 04:01 PM 10-16-2008
Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate it. I was also wondering, does spraying the beads with distilled water have the same flaking effect as just pouring the water on them?
[Reply]
madurolover 04:09 PM 10-16-2008
I have very little flaking and I spray.
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 04:17 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by madurolover:
I have very little flaking and I spray.
Hahaah Donnie lets leave your personal problems out of this thread:-)
[Reply]
madurolover 04:21 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
FrequenC 04:32 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
hahaha! :-)
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 05:34 PM 10-16-2008
I'd never pour water over beads from any vendor.

Shilala's beads require the 'osmosis' method, but the rest (heartfelt/cigarmony) are o.k. to spray... Osmosis will work for the heartfelt/cigarmony beads, albeit it will take longer.

And, to answer the original poster, I'd charge my humi and beads separately. A big ol' tupperware container shold do nicely for the beads.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 05:57 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
but the rest (heartfelt/cigarmony) are o.k. to spray... Osmosis will work for the heartfelt/cigarmony beads, albeit it will take longer.
I have heartfelt beads.

I've always wondered what exactly "longer" is. Days? Weeks? A month? Longer? On the twelfth of never?
[Reply]
ucubed 09:38 PM 10-16-2008
a new humi I seasoned mine with PG solution, after that I put in the beads and whatever and let it sit to let it read the humi and then add a shot of water if need be
[Reply]
Up