Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What cigar ages the longest?
taltos 12:09 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by TooCurious:
Whether you are perplexed or not is not my fault. I am on this site as my husband and I enjoy herfing and woodworking and this site was recommended. As it stands now, with responses that put a person on the defensive, I can't say I would recommend this site to anyone.

Thank you to those who have responded trying to help.
The point of the questions was not to put you on the defensive, it was to try to clarify your inquiry in order to give you better information. You will never find a friendlier group than are present on this board.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:22 PM 11-20-2008
:tpd
Originally Posted by taltos:
The point of the questions was not to put you on the defensive, it was to try to clarify your inquiry in order to give you better information. You will never find a friendlier group than are present on this board.
:-)
No offense has been intended by anyone I'm sure. We are all harmless and gentle inmates in this asylum. Well, most of us anyways. But those who aren't take medication for it.:-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:52 PM 11-20-2008
I won't apologize for my comedy nor the way I look.

Anyway, my comment wasn't to give you attitude but more to directly answer you question as it was worded. Welcome to CA though. You will find us rather friendly when you get to know us but you need a rather thick skin at times. We are good people.

What were you asking in your original question? The way it is worded leaves a lot open to interpretation of your actual intent. Did you want to know about whether or not a cigar will take longer to age in certain conditions? What do you mean by "age"? Etc.
[Reply]
piperman 01:10 PM 11-20-2008
:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 02:54 PM 11-20-2008
Why did I avoid clicking on this thread earlier? Gold, Jerry...pure gold!
[Reply]
Vitis 03:04 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by MithShrike:
Stonger oily cigars with a lot of oil.
Ok, anyone have thoughts on which marcas/vitolas are oily? I see people posting about this but I never find that characteristic in any of the cigars that I smoke.

~Vitis
[Reply]
Starscream 03:31 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Vitis:
Ok, anyone have thoughts on which marcas/vitolas are oily? I see people posting about this but I never find that characteristic in any of the cigars that I smoke.

~Vitis
Toothy cigars are what I consider oily. The wrapper has that shine to it.
[Reply]
pnoon 03:37 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Toothy cigars are what I consider oily. The wrapper has that shine to it.
Toothy refers to a rough looking wrapper. I would not equate toothy with oily/shiny.
[Reply]
DPD6030 03:59 PM 11-20-2008
So "toothy" would = a veiny wrapper?
[Reply]
BlackDog 04:07 PM 11-20-2008
I think that the OP was referring to a humi with multiple trays/drawers which would allow them to put "Year 1" cigars on one tray, "Year 2" cigars on the next, and progressively through several years so they can always be smoking the oldest cigars. At least that's to what I think she was referring.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:10 PM 11-20-2008
the one that ages the longest is the one not smoked.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:15 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Toothy refers to a rough looking wrapper. I would not equate toothy with oily/shiny.
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Cigars w/ little bumps all on them are what I consider "Toothy" (correct me if I'm wrong). Most cigars that I have smoked w/ little bumps on them have a sheen to the wrapper. I know this is a nasty cigar, but VS Connecticut Yankee comes to mind. It's "bumpy" and "shiny".
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:16 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Cameroon is toothy.

MCS
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:18 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Cameroon is toothy.

MCS
this is toothy
[Reply]
Starscream 04:21 PM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
this is toothy
Perfect definition. Pink squirrel (or is that a pink beaver) cigars are toothy. :-)
[Reply]
Bruce 05:49 PM 11-20-2008
"Tooth".......
those tiny little bumps characteristic to certain types of cigar wrappers. Camaroon (sp?) normally has a lot of tooth.
"Toothy" does not mean a "rough" wrapper.

As far as some examples of NC cigars that age well, the Dominican Davidoff line ages well, as does Opus X, Don Carlos, Padron Anniversarios, and a few others.
Hope this helps.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up