Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Tat Black - I don't get it.
skullnrose 10:18 AM 05-11-2009
I like them but enjoy many other tat's as much if not more. To me the blacks have a unique licorice taste to them and I love that in a cigar.
[Reply]
massphatness 10:24 AM 05-11-2009
LOVE the Black -- lots of great peppery flavor. Nothing Cuban-esque about it. Been trolling the dark side these past few months, but one of the only NCs I've had during that time is the Black -- and I don't regret it. (FWIW, the DPG Blues are great too.)
[Reply]
stearns 10:35 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
LOVE the Black -- lots of great peppery flavor. Nothing Cuban-esque about it. Been trolling the dark side these past few months, but one of the only NCs I've had during that time is the Black -- and I don't regret it. (FWIW, the DPG Blues are great too.)
how do you feel about the robustos vs. the toros? do you have any of the robustos? :-)

stearns
[Reply]
massphatness 10:37 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
how do you feel about the robustos vs. the toros? do you have any of the robustos? :-)

stearns
* I've only fondled the robustos but I do have two or three.

* Maybe we can PPP one at the herf
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:38 AM 05-11-2009
I'll never get these either, as 13.00 or more per smoke is waaayy out of my range, period. The laws of diminishing returns hits cigars way below 13.00 a stick for me anyway.
[Reply]
stearns 10:39 AM 05-11-2009
* I've only fondled the robustos but I do have two or three.

* Maybe we can PPP one at the herf
only if you let me supply it. i'll bring one next time we meet up

stearns
[Reply]
HK3- 10:53 AM 05-11-2009
only if you let me supply it. i'll bring one next time we meet up

stearns
Sounds like a date. :-) :-)
[Reply]
stearns 10:55 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
a hot date

stearns
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:03 AM 05-11-2009
a hot date

stearns
make it a three some? :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 11:08 AM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
hawt!
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:09 AM 05-11-2009
a hot date

stearns
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
hawt!
:-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:37 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
That pretty much sums up my feelings about them. I have only smoked the Cornoa Gordas, but I do have some Robustos to smoke sometime.

FWIW, hand me a Cabaiguan Guopos anytime over a black. Heck, the havana line of Tats is far better IMO.

Oh, and I don't judge a NC cigar by how cuban it tastes. Far from it. I had just noted a lot of people saying they blacks taste cuban and for the life of me think it is one of the farthest from cuban tastes I've experienced.

It's pretty well known I'm still securely on the NC bandwagon (although I do enjoy the dark side as well). :-)
Your not alone brotha! I have smoked a few Blacks and just never got that WOW factor out of them and I love me some Tats. If you put a Black and an East coast on the table and told me to pick one, I'm leaving the Black on the table. I have two more that I am letting rest to see if some sleep improves them but I am in the camp of thinking they were just Mehhh too. Not in any hurry to find more.
Have you tried the original Guapo size Cabiguan in Maduro yet? Now that is a great stick!
[Reply]
MNSmoker 07:41 PM 05-12-2009
After reading this thread I decided to fire one of these up tonight. I smoked a couple of these last fall and loved them. Unfortunately, this stick had a fairly tight draw which always leads to muted flavors in the cigar. It started out slowly but turned very flavorful at the half way point. If it would have maintained like that until the end I would have been happy, but it turned south near the end. I'm happy that I have a few more resting in the Vino, but I will not go out of my way to purchase more of these.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:19 PM 05-12-2009
hmm I have one I have been waiting on...it is not time yet!

Patience Grasshopper

[Reply]
DPD6030 02:05 AM 05-13-2009
Have been gifted a few of these and smoked everyone one as I received them.. I really enjoyed them all. If they weren't so damned expensive, I would probably buy a box. errrrrr jar I mean.
:-):-)
[Reply]
357 05:39 AM 05-13-2009
I smoked my first Tat Black last night. Good smoke. I'm not sure if it's $13/stick good, but the jury is still out. I will have to get my hands on a couple more to be sure.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 10:02 PM 05-14-2009
I've had the corona gorda and the robusto from a friend about a month ago. Good cigar, a little too strong/harsh for my taste.

The Cabaiguan blend is where it's at for me from Pete Johnson.
[Reply]
Jason 10:14 PM 05-14-2009
Had one given to me in a trade and smoked it a month ago max, my first, probably my last.

Very NC, not a bad thing in and of itself but neither do I see how anyone could equate one to the flavor of a Cuban, much different.

Similar to a young or high rh San Cristobal, AshstonVSG or JdN Antano machito. Metallic and a bit tarry
[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:27 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
The couple I smoked were good.
Not *all that* but good cigars.
It may also have a little to do with hype. The more hype on a cigar the better it must be. Look at OpusX.
[Reply]
alley00p 10:37 PM 05-14-2009
I received 1 Tat Black in my NC MAW pack from Shellie, but I have yet to smoke it. I may have to fire that sucker up soon! :-)

Just thinking about it, I'm not even sure what size it is or how old it is.....

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up