Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 678
All Cigar Discussion>Gurkha hatin
icehog3 09:25 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
The Brick and Mortar version of yens is a hell of a lot nicer than the intrawebz version, Admiral Dooshus Baggus.

I'm gonna go stomp my feet and think of ways to hold my breath until I turn blue.
Are you blue yet, Pete? :-)

Apparently Legend doesn't care what color you turn. :-)
[Reply]
bookman 09:31 PM 04-17-2009
I don't hate Gs but I do hate the way CI praises these cigars like they're Jesus walkin on the water and I hate the inflated prices. I've seen em $20 at B&Ms. And then CI always has AMAZING deals on these things and they act like they are doing you such an amazing favor. I've tried 6 different ones and only liked the class regent, the others were just ok, or plain awful! For me, If I'm paying say, $8 a stick at a B&M, said stick better bring it!

Heck, the name Gurkha (which sounds dirty), Kaizer Sosze or whoever makes them, the silly man on the band, the hype...It's all ripe for comedy! But I'm sure some of them are good and if you like em then let yr freak flag fly. But for whatever reason, they are soooo much fun to make fun of.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:31 PM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Are you blue yet, Pete? :-)

Apparently Legend doesn't care what color you turn. :-)
Just one of the Huevos, Murphy, and I think it has a little itch too, can you oblige? Would you rather recommend a cream?

Legend probably has creams and stuff, but I don't know where hes been, and momma done tol' me...
[Reply]
icehog3 10:20 PM 04-17-2009
Just one of the Huevos, Murphy, and I think it has a little itch too, can you oblige? Would you rather recommend a cream?

Legend probably has creams and stuff, but I don't know where hes been, and momma done tol' me...
I recommend immersing your huevos in ranchero sauce, Petie. :-)
[Reply]
G G 11:50 PM 04-17-2009
:-)now that's some good advice right there.:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:05 AM 04-18-2009
Huh.. Who'd a thunk......

Ponders.......

Personal experience is the best teacher, Tom, but in this case, we may have to use the stated policy, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 06:19 AM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Like what you smoke. :-)
alright, i've decided we should take a different approach and you all should smoke what i like.

yeah, there we go.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:04 AM 04-18-2009
Huh.. Who'd a thunk......

Ponders.......

Personal experience is the best teacher, Tom, but in this case, we may have to use the stated policy, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
By me a couple Guinness and I'll tell, Pete. :-)

Originally Posted by Legend:
This was kind of my point. For the most part people will say they don't like something and ok whatever smoke what you like. But Gurkha seems to elicit numerous venomous responses. So the point of this post was to figure out why. Which I think we've done.
So shut 'er down?? :-)
?????
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 09:54 AM 04-18-2009
ok, tom - now you're answering yourself? hmm...

take two shots of vodka and call me in the morning. :-)

i'm off to the grand opening of jack white's record store. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:58 AM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
ok, tom - now you're answering yourself? hmm...

take two shots of vodka and call me in the morning. :-)

i'm off to the grand opening of jack white's record store. :-)
I already did! :-) :-)

Is Jack White going to be at the opening?
[Reply]
DKPRLP 10:05 AM 04-18-2009
Gurkha... There OK for $2-$3 ... thats all
[Reply]
darb85 11:28 AM 04-18-2009
gurka blah. blah.... yard gar, "can i have a cigar" box...
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:30 AM 04-18-2009
Originally Posted by DKPRLP:
Gurkha... There OK for $2-$3 ... thats all

you know, i've heard this statement alot. i believe that gurkhas are not worth their MSRP prices. i would pay in the 6-8 dollar range for them...

then again... most gurkhas can be had for 3 bucks a CBID
[Reply]
DocLogic77 12:46 PM 04-18-2009
I think alot of the "hate" comes from the shameless marketing. I will say this though...my second love when I was introduced to cigars was the Gurkha Legend. I'm not sure if I would still like em...haven't smoked a Gurkha in over 2 years but at the time I really liked em.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 11:09 AM 04-19-2009
I already did! :-) :-)

Is Jack White going to be at the opening?
evidently i just missed him by about a half hour. a friend was there later than me, jack walked up, chatted with the people and left. my friend snapped a few pics of jack talking with his kid. totally cool. i'll post it over here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...702#post344702
[Reply]
shilala 11:55 AM 04-19-2009
I find them inconsistant and lousy.
I have a bunch of Gurkhas and I'm putting a little time on them. That might help, but I doubt it. It's hard to fix something that's totally screwed up from the git-go.
I get the feeling from Gurkha that they're far and away more interested in selling a brand than a good cigar.
[Reply]
borndead1 12:04 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:

Puros Indios, now THAT was truly of piece of sh*t

I can actually agree with that. If I had to choose between a Hansotia product and a Reyes product, I would go with a Gurkha. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:51 AM 05-21-2009
You know, I hadn't really stopped to consider this thread before today. I read through the first 2 pages, and decided I wasn't going to read any more.

BUT... I did manage to work up an opinion on the subject in what I read.

1) What's the point of the question?
2) While I enjoy reading reviews of cigars, not everything others love, will I love. Nor, by the same token, will others find all the things I love something they enjoy.

I love fishing, my wife hates it - but she loves to eat what I catch. A pretty good combination if you ask me.

So my opinion boils down to this. Smoke what you enjoy, and enjoy it! You can only please your palate, do it with whatever suits your tastes.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:09 AM 05-21-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

So my opinion boils down to this. Smoke what you enjoy, and enjoy it! .

your opinion is one of 1000 similar opinions in every gurkha discussion thread.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 09:35 AM 05-21-2009
Doble Maduros $3 each w/free shipping today @ Joecigar for all you non-haters...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 678
Up