Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>My first humidor
Kreth 05:06 PM 01-15-2009
Well, with the sale going on at cheaphumidors.com, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on my first humidor. I'm thinking a 100-count should be a good starter humidor, so I'm looking at this model. I confirmed with Customer Service that the available hygrometer upgrade is a Hygroset. With that option, it'll come to $69 shipped.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 05:08 PM 01-15-2009
Looks like a nice box, Congrats:-)
[Reply]
Footbag 05:12 PM 01-15-2009
Looks good... But it a bit small if you ask me.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:14 PM 01-15-2009
Ahhhh......

The old "I think a 100 will be good for me".

Hmmm.......

Nice humidor indeed.
However, lets do a pool on when you get your next bigger one.:-)
[Reply]
Mr B 05:18 PM 01-15-2009
Nice one.
I thought my 50 ct would be good. Then I thought my additional 100ct would do. Now the Tupperdors are fillin up:-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 05:21 PM 01-15-2009
You see where this is headed Kreth....your screwed buddy!!!
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:26 PM 01-15-2009
That's a nice little humidor Jeff :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:26 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Ahhhh......

The old "I think a 100 will be good for me".

Hmmm.......

Nice humidor indeed.
However, lets do a pool on when you get your next bigger one.:-)
great point!

also, lets do that pool. Im saying 63 days AFTER he gets his 100 count.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 05:27 PM 01-15-2009
Good start :-) and yes as Cigarcop said, "You're screwed buddy! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:31 PM 01-15-2009
Well, I started with the tupperdor, so I do have that for overflow. :-)
[Reply]
feznuk 05:48 PM 01-15-2009
Similar story here. I got my first humi as well this past Christmas. My wife bought it for me. She went on line, and picked it out all on her own (which I think is WAY cool!). It’s a 100ct.

Up until then I was just using a basic Tupperware container same as you. I’m a noob so I don’t require a lot of storage (I know, I know, not yet anyway.) I don’t buy in bulk because I don’t have my preferences nailed down yet. Everything comes from the B&M and I only buy 2 or 3 at a time.

Anyway, Christmas day I started seasoning her up and about a week later I was transferring the few sticks I have over and my wife comes into the room and drops a package on my lap….it was a 25 bundle she picked up from the site she bought the humi at. Again, way cool, but I was like WTF, between the new, the old, and a cup of beads the damn thing is full.:-)

That's a nice looking one you got picked out. I think for us noobs a 100ct is a good place to start, as long as you’re not planning to buy in bulk. Or at least have additional storage plans for that bulk. I like you plan to fall back on the Tupperware.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:52 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by feznuk:
I don’t buy in bulk because I don’t have my preferences nailed down yet. Everything comes from the B&M and I only buy 2 or 3 at a time.
Same here. I'm mainly at the sampler stage, but I buy online because the selection at my local B&M sucks (plus I'm close enough to CI that standard shipping is one day. :-)).
I do really like RP Vintage 1990 and 1992, but I don't want to buy in bulk yet in case I find something I like better. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:02 PM 01-15-2009
It's funny how common this story has become with all of us. I bought an end table cabinet last year thinking it would take me forever to fill it even after I emptied all my desktops. Now I have a desktop filled and when I open the cabinet I have cigars falling out of it most of the time. It's crazy how the vicious cycle works of having more room equals needing to fill it.
Nice first humidor. Kind of looks like a treasure chest which will probably be fitting in a year from now since you will probably have a bigger storage solution and you will probably use that one to store your most prized smokes.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:22 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
It's crazy how the vicious cycle works of having more room equals needing to fill it.
It's kind of like computers. I remember when computers didn't even have hard drives, now a 100GB drive can seem small.

Originally Posted by :
Nice first humidor. Kind of looks like a treasure chest which will probably be fitting in a year from now since you will probably have a bigger storage solution and you will probably use that one to store your most prized smokes.
I keep reading about the slope and thinking I'll never be that addicted. But when I first got into cigars a few weeks ago I figured a 20-count humidor would be plenty of space, maybe a 50-count if I really wanted to stock up. Funny how perceptions change, eh? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:31 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
It's kind of like computers. I remember when computers didn't even have hard drives, now a 100GB drive can seem small.

I keep reading about the slope and thinking I'll never be that addicted. But when I first got into cigars a few weeks ago I figured a 20-count humidor would be plenty of space, maybe a 50-count if I really wanted to stock up. Funny how perceptions change, eh? :-)
It's a sickness. Welcome to the club!
[Reply]
acruce 08:33 PM 01-15-2009
If you are not planning on long term storage a 100cnt. should soot you just fine. Thats all I have if you get creative you fit quite a few cigars in there.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:35 PM 01-15-2009
I still have my 100 count humidor.

It's sitting right on top of the 2 vinotemp 28s, which sit a few feet from the 48 qt cooler.

:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:38 PM 01-15-2009
The funny part is, I don't really have room for anything bigger than a desktop. But my wife and I are house-hunting. We're looking for something with a full basement to set up partially as a game room, which means I'd have a place for a cabinet or frigador or BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[Reply]
Chompers 08:47 PM 01-15-2009
I bought a 100ct in Dec. and it's almost full already. I keep buying sticks and with this cold weather I can't smoke enough to cancel out how much I put in, lol.

Oh well, gotta find another humi.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:52 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by Chompers:
I keep buying sticks and with this cold weather I can't smoke enough to cancel out how much I put in, lol.
Yeah, I know. I have a bunch of sticks I've been wanting to try but I don't want to spend an hour shivering each time to do it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up