Great choice for a smoke 28 30.11%
A lot of Hype and B.S 15 16.13%
"to each their own" 50 53.76%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The mystique behind Davidoff cigars
GreekGodX 04:07 PM 03-03-2009
I have tried a great variety of cigars from expensive to very inexpensive, but never have tried any Davidoff cigars. Anytime I talk cigars to someone who isn't very involved in cigars they always seem to bring up Davidoff as if it is the best ever. Then they seem to knock my taste in cigars because I've never had one, when the only other cigar they've smoke is Acid. Now at around 15 bucks a stick I have never really rushed to go out and try one nor do I really want to.. Do the cigars in the Davidoff line just go off reputation behind the name? or are they actually good cigars?

It just seems to me in cigars you can find amazing sticks for under $10/cigar and be immensely happy. The people that I know and consider very knowledgeable about cigars say that they are a lot of hype and aren't that great. I just feel I should try one for myself! Any suggestions on a certain one would be great, as I would like to see what all the fuss is about.
[Reply]
awsmith4 04:12 PM 03-03-2009
It comes down to smoking what you like

Personally I've never had a NC Davidoff that I have cared for
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:19 PM 03-03-2009
Everyone likes different things but I have only had 1 myself. Was it good? Yes. But was it anything to get excited over? I did not think so.
[Reply]
doctorcue 04:34 PM 03-03-2009
I think the NC Davidoffs are good smokes. They are a bit mild and won't have the spice/body of something cheaper (say CAO Brazilia). Yet, I have found them to be rewarding. You have to smoke slow and really take your time to analyze the flavors.

That being said; I REALLY like the Millennium Blend. I buy the Grand Cru series for my Dad.
[Reply]
Raralith 04:38 PM 03-03-2009
I've only had one, and it was a very good cigar. Would I buy another one or 4 Padron x000's? Give me the Padron's.
[Reply]
Footbag 04:41 PM 03-03-2009
I like Davidoffs, they are worth trying, but may or may not be worth the money. You'll have to try one to decide. For me, I've got a few 5 packs in the humidor, no desire to pick up any boxes. I do like the millennium blend as well.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:41 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by Raralith:
I've only had one, and it was a very good cigar. Would I buy another one or 4 Padron x000's? Give me the Padron's.
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:41 PM 03-03-2009
I voted "to each their own", as everyone should smoke what they like.

Personally, for $15 I would rather smoke 4 Party Shorts. :-)
[Reply]
stitch 04:43 PM 03-03-2009
It's tobacco rolled into a tube that we burn and smoke ...
is it worth $10+ a pop ...Nope, not to me.
But then I never tried crack either.
[Reply]
HK3- 04:48 PM 03-03-2009
It's all on what you like. I will smoke one once in a blue moon for a good change in flavor. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 04:53 PM 03-03-2009
Millennium blend maybe the choice then.. I dunno I agree with buying more of what you like rather only 1 of something you have never had for the same price..
[Reply]
Mugen910 05:00 PM 03-03-2009
I <3 Davidoff..It's one of the very few NC's I care for.. But I would never put down anyone else's taste buds... I swear.. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:03 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by stitch:
It's tobacco rolled into a tube that we burn and smoke ...
is it worth $10+ a pop ...Nope, not to me.
But then I never tried crack either.
I only tried crack once. It started out a little harsh but then it turned fairly spicy...definitely not mild! Overall not a bad smoke...especially for the price. :-)
[Reply]
RockonBigB 05:23 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by doctorcue:
I think the NC Davidoffs are good smokes. They are a bit mild and won't have the spice/body of something cheaper (say CAO Brazilia). Yet, I have found them to be rewarding. You have to smoke slow and really take your time to analyze the flavors.

That being said; I REALLY like the Millennium Blend. I buy the Grand Cru series for my Dad.
:-) I don't smoke them everyday, but there is alway a number of Millennium Blends in my humidor. I don't think any other NC taste quite like them.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 05:31 PM 03-03-2009
I love the thousand series, and am starting to get just as fond of the Aniversarios.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:07 PM 03-03-2009
I will say these cigars are darn near flawless,construction wise.Every once in while I'll buy a pack or single...
[Reply]
troutbreath 06:15 PM 03-03-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I will say these cigars are darn near flawless,construction wise.Every once in while I'll buy a pack or single...
Agree with this. They are almost too pretty to burn . . . almost. Fairly mild, but complex smokes. I like 'em, but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy them. Well out of my normal spending range, but a good smoke to have when I feel like splurging.
[Reply]
Cigargal 06:29 PM 03-03-2009
One of the finest NCs I have ever smoked. I like the double Robusto-excellent smoke in all aspects. I think you should try one in your lifetime.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:34 PM 03-03-2009
I think they're worth the premium, but not for an everyday smoke. It's more of a special occasion cigar for me.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:38 PM 03-03-2009
Never smoked one and honestly never had the urge to buy any which is odd now that I think about it. Guess they just never seemed all that fascinating to me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up