Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Carlo Torano Exodus 1959 silver edition corona
Don Fernando 12:56 PM 09-07-2011
The Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 has got two siblings, the 50 years edition and this Silver edition. The silver edition is made in Honduras from Costa Rican, Honduran and Mexican filler tobacco with a Costa Rican binder and a Nicaraguan criollo wrapper. These are currently on a blow out sale here in The Netherlands for just 75 euro a box. The corona measures 6 ⅛x46.

The wrapper is chocolate brown and looks good, it is a bit greasy and quite oily and has quite some veins. The cigar isn’t straight, it looks a bit bended. The cigar has a strong barnyard smell and the construction has some softer spots. The predraw is fine and I taste raisin.

I taste coffee and an earthy flavour with a mild sweetness. After three quarters of an inch I taste a sweet flavour with leaves and wood. The flavours are quite creamy. After a third I taste an ashy wood with an earthy flavour, and it quite nice. I also taste some citrus, chocolate and some sweetness.

Halfway the cigar gets even more of a fresh citrus flavour with some wood and a little bit of herbs. The creaminess returns. After two thirds I taste citrus, sugar, some herbs and some wood. The cigar gets spicier too and there is a herbal freshness, could it be lavender? Near the end I taste some black pepper.

This cigar has a smoke time of two hours. The draw is great and I got enough smoke. The silver grey ash is firm and goes well with the silver coloured band. The ash is a bit coarse though. The burn was a bit crooked. This cigar is medium to full flavoured and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? For the current blow out sale prices? For sure!

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7/ 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
irratebass 01:24 PM 09-07-2011
I've had a Carlos Torano, I don't remember which kind, but I really enjoyed it.

Nice price on this one too.
[Reply]
Up