Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Clubs in New York ?(question)?
iRiSh 08:10 AM 12-04-2009
Right lads, im off to the big apple on thursday 10th for a wee bit of christmas shopping, ive been a couple of times before , its a unbelievable city.

ive heard that there are some cigar clubs where the smoking ban is not enforced, these places sound like a good place to stop for a smoke and a drink, anyone have any information on any of these places? i.e do you have to be a member? are ladies allowed in? etc etc.

Thanking you in advance

Liam
[Reply]
PeteSB75 09:39 AM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by iRiSh:
Right lads, im off to the big apple on thursday 10th for a wee bit of christmas shopping, ive been a couple of times before , its a unbelievable city.

ive heard that there are some cigar clubs where the smoking ban is not enforced, these places sound like a good place to stop for a smoke and a drink, anyone have any information on any of these places? i.e do you have to be a member? are ladies allowed in? etc etc.

Thanking you in advance

Liam
Never heard of any denying entry to women. Maybe some private clubs, but they would deny entry to all non-members.

Quite a few different options. There are cigar bars, as well as cigar shops, both of which allow indoor smoking - an exception to the normal smoking ban. The ones that I go to fairly regularly:

Bars/Clubs: Cigar prices are substantially higher than in shops.
Carnagie Club - 56th St between 6th & 7th Ave - nice place, bit pricey, $10 cutting fee if you bring your own.
Merchants East - corner of 1st Ave and 62nd St - more casual, no cutting fee.

Shops:
De La Concha - 6th Ave between 56th & 57th St - good selection, fair prices for NYC - small seating area.
Davidoff - Corner of Madison Ave and 54th St - good selection, fair prices for NYC - no real seating area.
Barclay Rex - Lexington Ave between 50th & 51st St - smaller selection of premium stuff - small seating area, but they prefer you smoke cigars purchased there.
J&R Cigars - Corner of 5th Ave and 46th St - Large selection of lower end stuff. I'm not a fan of this shop, everything I have gotten there has been really dry. Unsure about seating.

I work in midtown, and tend to stick around there, others may have more information on other locations. If you want to meet for a cigar that Thursday, or over the weekend, I'd likely be up for it.
[Reply]
iRiSh 10:28 AM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Never heard of any denying entry to women. Maybe some private clubs, but they would deny entry to all non-members.

Quite a few different options. There are cigar bars, as well as cigar shops, both of which allow indoor smoking - an exception to the normal smoking ban. The ones that I go to fairly regularly:

Bars/Clubs: Cigar prices are substantially higher than in shops.
Carnagie Club - 56th St between 6th & 7th Ave - nice place, bit pricey, $10 cutting fee if you bring your own.
Merchants East - corner of 1st Ave and 62nd St - more casual, no cutting fee.

Shops:
De La Concha - 6th Ave between 56th & 57th St - good selection, fair prices for NYC - small seating area.
Davidoff - Corner of Madison Ave and 54th St - good selection, fair prices for NYC - no real seating area.
Barclay Rex - Lexington Ave between 50th & 51st St - smaller selection of premium stuff - small seating area, but they prefer you smoke cigars purchased there.
J&R Cigars - Corner of 5th Ave and 46th St - Large selection of lower end stuff. I'm not a fan of this shop, everything I have gotten there has been really dry. Unsure about seating.

I work in midtown, and tend to stick around there, others may have more information on other locations. If you want to meet for a cigar that Thursday, or over the weekend, I'd likely be up for it.
thanks for the heads up pete:-)

im over with the ball and chain on a shopping trip so i dont know what my plans are:-)
[Reply]
nayslayer 01:29 PM 12-04-2009
I just watched a video yesterday on cigar resturaunts. It's on the CA site under video's. I think the title has somthing to do with air, or sky...ah, there is one that is called cigar haven's...good luck
[Reply]
Up