Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Vinotemp Stock
Darrell 09:21 PM 11-28-2009
I'd keep the boxes in there, Z. In fact I'd add a few empties from the B&M. It seems to help stabilize humidity in my experience. :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:25 PM 11-28-2009
Nice collection and setup you got there my friend. Still looks like it could be a bit more full though...:-) What does everyone else think about that?:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 10:05 PM 11-28-2009
Good stuff Zulu! On a side note, I am thinking about having some more ink done, and like what you guys do.. Might need to talk to you or one of your artists about doing some work.
[Reply]
BrandonJ 10:13 PM 11-28-2009
Thanks for posting your pictures to the album Zulu, you're an inspiration!
[Reply]
ucla695 10:17 PM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by Zulu:
I just got some ChasDen trays with glass tops, they are AWESOME! (I'll post picks soon)
I have a great deal of single sticks in 3 trays and also some full boxes on shelves...I also have 3 extra trays that I haven't used yet that are not in the vinotemp.
I have a question...Does it benifit me one way or another to unbox the full boxes and put them in the remaining trays or leave them in the boxes on the shelves.

Thanks
If you can afford the space, then keep them in the boxes. I think they age better that way. :-)
[Reply]
Zulu 10:34 PM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Good stuff Zulu! On a side note, I am thinking about having some more ink done, and like what you guys do.. Might need to talk to you or one of your artists about doing some work.
Contact me anytime and I'll make sure you are taken care of!:-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 11:11 PM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by Zulu:
I have a question...Does it benifit me one way or another to unbox the full boxes and put them in the remaining trays or leave them in the boxes on the shelves.

Thanks
Food for thought; since you have the trays with tops and not the slotted bottoms, what's the difference between the box they came in and the trays? If the box they came in is cardboard, I would think the trays with cedar would be better. If the box is a "cheap" or lower end box it's probably made with Spanish cedar veneer and contains only a small thin layer of cedar. In that case I would believe the trays would be better. If it's a nice high end box made of solid cedar it's probably a push, but you may get more room in the vino by stacking cigars in a double high tray. Maybe not in a single. Either way, the top of the tray is not air tight and neither is a cigar box. Both allow air exchange and exchange of humidity.

But hey I'm biased :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Homebrewer 06:18 AM 11-29-2009
There is also the issue of flavor transfer in a tight area. I once threw some maduros into a box of Tat Ps and it DID change the flavor of the Tats.
[Reply]
klipsch 08:09 AM 11-29-2009
Nice collection you've got going. I've had find room for incoming cigars and found that emptying boxes into the double trays really frees up alot of space. The doubles let you stack upto 4 layers high...but you may have to lose the glass to do so. Start thinking about getting another cooler now...they fill up quick...lol
[Reply]
Zulu 02:04 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
If the box they came in is cardboard, I would think the trays with cedar would be better. If the box is a "cheap" or lower end box it's probably made with Spanish cedar veneer and contains only a small thin layer of cedar. In that case I would believe the trays would be better...Both allow air exchange and exchange of humidity.
This is exactly why I bought the Chas trays. It has also freed up a lot of space; before I used the trays my vino was maxed out by box girth, espesially the odd shaped ones like Camacho boxes. The trays also make it easy to get to my sticks without rearranging the tetris stack everytime I want a smoke(which is daily)...now I just slide out a tray and pick a stick. I also like being able to take a quick inventory without having to open boxes to see how many sticks are left inside; the glass top allows me to just slide out a tray and take a quick count without the rh disturbance of opening a box. Also, the trays have brought aesthetic organization to what was chaos.
So...that's what works for me:-)
Thanks Chas, you ROCK:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up