Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3111213 14 >
Coffee Discussion>Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.
sigsauer 11:51 AM 05-10-2020
I boil water in a kettle and pour the hot water to the fill line in the bottom piece.
That is correct right?
[Reply]
Snook 09:59 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
I boil water in a kettle and pour the hot water to the fill line in the bottom piece.
That is correct right?
No. Pour room temp water into the bottom piece until it reaches right below the pressure valve. Then place coffee grounds and top and place on stovetop on low-med heat.
[Reply]
sigsauer 02:27 PM 05-16-2020
today...100% success! Finally......I ordered a few gaskets too....
[Reply]
Snook 02:33 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by sigsauer:
today...100% success! Finally......I ordered a few gaskets too....
Pics my friend. We need pics to drool over :-)
[Reply]
Enraged 10:39 AM 05-30-2020
We brew coffee right on the stove with this pot, simple but still great, bought it in Turkey)
The only thing is everybody is telling to buy a manual grinder, and I have no idea which one is better. If you have any experience with these ones, I'd appreciate that!
[Reply]
sigsauer 10:54 AM 05-30-2020
that is a beautiful pot
[Reply]
Snook 10:46 PM 05-30-2020
Very cool. I’m always intrigued by coffee brewing methods from around the world.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:36 PM 08-29-2020
Can you guys recommend a good burr grinder that won’t break the bank. Also, some good coffee to try? I’m very interested in trying this as an alternative to my standard coffee pot when I don’t need to make a cup quickly.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:53 PM 08-29-2020
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Can you guys recommend a good burr grinder that won’t break the bank. Also, some good coffee to try? I’m very interested in trying this as an alternative to my standard coffee pot when I don’t need to make a cup quickly.
I have the Bodum Bistro grinder. Has served me well for quite a few years.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:35 AM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I go through cycles where I am hot for new grinder and start checking craigs list for fancier grinders. The fancier Rancilio and Mazer go for a nice discount used. The good grinders are truly life time machines. I have had my Rancilio Rocky 25 years and still works like a trooper. Burrs easy to clean and take apart. Only reason I am looking at a Mazer Major is that'll be quicker to grind the coffee.

I bet more grinders will be for sale unfortunately due to business closures and general hardship, but you get a grinder and they get some needed cash...
[Reply]
CigarSquid 05:03 PM 01-11-2021
Want to bring this thread back?

I just got into the Moka this weekend. Oh My.... I have been missing out.

Waiting on my beans to come in next week so I can use what I roast... Can't wait to taste the difference!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:36 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Want to bring this thread back?

I just got into the Moka this weekend. Oh My.... I have been missing out.

Waiting on my beans to come in next week so I can use what I roast... Can't wait to taste the difference!
I broke out my Moka Muka pot last week. Been far too long since I had used it.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:03 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I broke out my Moka Muka pot last week. Been far too long since I had used it.
I have had mine for just over a week. Made about 10 or so drinks over the weekend for the gf and myself. I am a huge fan of the Moka pot, kinda thinking about getting the next one up. I have a 3 cup, looking at the 6. I was torn on investing a ton of money or a budget espresso machine... I am glad I went the Moka route. I bought a grinder, which today I used for my French press, man what a difference there too. I didn't realize how much a grinder mattered.

My green beans should be in next week, then I will have it all in my control! :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 07:03 PM 01-11-2021
I really need to start roasting my own beans again. But this thread has inspired me to pull out my Moka Pot. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:05 PM 01-11-2021
Kevin, I love roasting coffee even for my drip coffee, but not that I have discovered these... I am so excited to make a cup to enjoy with a nice stick.

I used to roast often, every few days. Now, I roast about every other month if that... hoping to increase that now too.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 07:25 PM 01-11-2021
It's been at least 2 years since I have done any roasting, between moving any just not feeling good,,, been too long. And I have some 80lbs of green beans stored, I'd like to use those up.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:47 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
It's been at least 2 years since I have done any roasting, between moving any just not feeling good,,, been too long. And I have some 80lbs of green beans stored, I'd like to use those up.
80lbs? Wow!

This thread has me thinking of breaking out the roaster again.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:49 AM 01-12-2021
I have had mine for just over a week. Made about 10 or so drinks over the weekend for the gf and myself. I am a huge fan of the Moka pot, kinda thinking about getting the next one up. I have a 3 cup, looking at the 6. I was torn on investing a ton of money or a budget espresso machine... I am glad I went the Moka route. I bought a grinder, which today I used for my French press, man what a difference there too. I didn't realize how much a grinder mattered.

My green beans should be in next week, then I will have it all in my control! :-)
I have both the regular Moka pot, and the Moka Muka. The Muka, you add milk/cream to the top. There’s a valve on the center post that pops when the pressure builds, frothing the milk for a nice cappuccino.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:09 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I have both the regular Moka pot, and the Moka Muka. The Muka, you add milk/cream to the top. There’s a valve on the center post that pops when the pressure builds, frothing the milk for a nice cappuccino.
What are your thoughts on the Muka VS Moka? You use the milk option often, like doing it that way?
[Reply]
T.G 07:19 AM 01-12-2021

Something about the Bialletti moka pots that I noticed, was that the smaller ones make better coffee or faux-spresso or whatever you want to call it. My 3 or 4 cup made better coffee than my 6. My 1 cupper did a better job than both of the others. Ended up getting rid of the other two and just keeping the 1 cup. I found a stainless (not sure of the brand) 2 or 3 cup in a thrift store for a buck or so a couple months ago, I suppose someday I should actually try it.

Honestly though, my aeropress does a better job than any of the pots.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3111213 14 >
Up