Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Discussion>Pu-erh
Guitarman-S.T- 12:47 PM 12-24-2009
For my Christmas Eve I am currently enjoying a Bowl of Maltese Falcon English tobacco, And for Drink...

Xia Guan Bao Yan Jin- 03' Raw Mushroom Pu-erh.

The flavors pretty much feed off each other... Rustic Pu-erh Tea, and a rich English Blend.. WOW... Great stuff...

Any one else enjoy Pu-erh? Later on I will post some information for those who have no clue what it is. :-)

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
[Reply]
Zanaspus 02:48 PM 12-24-2009
Tried an true Sheng(raw) pu-erh ho. 90% of what I drink these days. :-)
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 04:20 PM 12-24-2009
Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
Tried an true Sheng(raw) pu-erh ho. 90% of what I drink these days. :-)
I have Much more Cooked then Raw, but with my Yixing, I only use Raw/aged. Love it :-)
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:34 AM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
For my Christmas Eve I am currently enjoying a Bowl of Maltese Falcon English tobacco, And for Drink...

Xia Guan Bao Yan Jin- 03' Raw Mushroom Pu-erh.

The flavors pretty much feed off each other... Rustic Pu-erh Tea, and a rich English Blend.. WOW... Great stuff...

Any one else enjoy Pu-erh? Later on I will post some information for those who have no clue what it is. :-)

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Yep...wonderful combination. Raw is the only way to go with Pu-erhs IMO. Cooking for me pushes the tea to a point that it's unpleasant...in an attempt to make younger Pu-erhs more palatable. Instead, I prefer an aged raw Pu-erh. But, you nailed it. Many cigar smokers are really missing out on a terrific complement to their favorite smokes. It's well worth the try. My fear is that many will/have tried young/cooked Pu-erhs and were turned off. I hope they get a sampler of some nicely aged raw PE. I think it could change their mind.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:03 AM 06-25-2010
Indeed! glad to know we have another Pu-erh Fan here. My budget has been low these days so I will have to burn thew my current stash before I can even think of placing a new order. For me- Pu-erh, FRESH Chinese greens, and some Oolong from time to time.. Thats all I need
[Reply]
Up