Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Reviews>Recommend me some teas...
DBall 07:21 PM 08-03-2009
Due to the rebellious nature of my stomach these days, they have to be sans caffeine. Considering I can't have coffee anymore (:-)), I have lately been pairing my cigars with tea.

I need some that pair well with good smokes. Thanks in advance!

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:45 PM 08-03-2009
Big fan of tazo chai here...has a kick of a little spice to it!!
[Reply]
DBall 08:38 AM 08-05-2009
any other suggestions...?
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:50 AM 08-05-2009
No coffee? That sux! What are you going to do with those K-cups? :-)

Anyway, this website http://www.itoen.com/estore/index.cfm is great. Everything you need to know about tea. Their bottled ice teas are awesome, and so are the loose varieties. I love Genmai Cha and most of the other Green/White teas.
[Reply]
kayak_rat 12:11 PM 08-05-2009
I order alot from these guys. Some of the aged and flowering teas are very unique.
http://www.generationtea.com/

I also do alot of Twinnings from WM. Regualr Earl Grey, and Irish Breakfast.

Also check with your coffee shops and roasters. Alot of times they will carry loose leaf teas. The "organic" or such shops have loose leaf alot also.
[Reply]
shilala 12:22 PM 08-05-2009
Hey Danny, try Upton Tea.
Their stuff is amazing, they personalize the cans, and the selection is incredible.
Todd (RevSmoke) turned me on to the place. I've ordered 4 or 5 times and can't fault them on a thing.
They have $1.00 samplers for everything they offer, so you can try anything.
I don't know what has caffeine and what doesn't, but we go through tons of Mango Indica here.
They have a huge selection of every kind of tea. You'd have to find something you like. The prices are very fair and the quality of the teas are impeccable. :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 01:18 PM 08-05-2009
Try Adagio.com I use it for everything and have tons of teas of theirs.
[Reply]
DBall 03:51 PM 08-05-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
No coffee? That sux! What are you going to do with those K-cups? :-)
Look longingly at them from across the room and try to see them through the blur my tears create. I miss coffee (sweet, sweet nectar of the gods). Ugh.
[Reply]
Smoking Q 05:23 PM 01-21-2010
Try white ayurvedic chai mixed with samurai chai from Teavana
[Reply]
Neuromancer 06:34 PM 01-21-2010
I like Twinnings Earl Grey and Adiago's Green Citron...
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:31 PM 05-31-2010
I mix MountainRoseHerbs Organic Green Rooibos and Eco Mountain Organic Yerba Mate Unsmoked! These two teas provide a lethal amount of antioxidants
to counter the effects of tobacco on the body, and they also provide a huge burst of energy. I sweeten my tea with either stevia, or agave....
[Reply]
novasurf 02:49 PM 06-01-2010
To be clear....you need an uncaffeinated tea/herbal blend, yes?
[Reply]
DBall 04:01 PM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by novasurf:
To be clear....you need an uncaffeinated tea/herbal blend, yes?
Not anymore... when I posted this thread last year, my stomach was hell... now, though, I can have caffeine. Wheeeeee!
[Reply]
tomc3084 04:22 PM 06-01-2010
I know you posted this thread awhile ago but if you are still looking for suggestions I have one for you: I am not a big tea fan at all but I love the "nighttime" or "relaxing" teas out there, most are a combination of eucalyptus and menthol, I believe, mixed in with other goodies. They don't make me tired, just more of relaxed thing. I have never tried some with a cigar now that I think of it, I will have to do that. Hope you have found some good teas by now that fit your palate.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:34 AM 06-07-2010
Hey Dan, I just got some great stuff from Teavanna now too, I used to think they were a "flavored piss water" vendor, but I went in and actually talked to some of their tea-nuts and they have some great selections that you can "smell before you buy" which is nice.

My current "FAVES" list:

Takashimya (NYC) Black Currant (Nigh orgasmic pairing with an aged Opus X)
Adagio Ceylon Sonata
Adagio Earl Grey Bravo
Adagio Asam Melody
Adagio Darjeeling Summer
Teavanna Eastern Beauty Oolong
Teavanna Copper Knot Black
[Reply]
DocLogic77 06:19 PM 06-07-2010
Ahh well use this opportunity to expand your horizons. Tea is a wonderful beverage as well as hobby. I personally have a preference for well aged pu-erh teas. I bought quite a few beengs from 2000-2009...drinking the older ones and aging the younger ones. It's the closest tea you will find to coffee. It's dark, rich and wonderful as long as it has 3+ years age on it. Younger, or poorly stored pu-erh can taste like farm or fishy. I also like just about anything oolong when I want something a bit lighter. I would personally stay away from the commercial stuff...lipton, nestea etc.

I use http://www.jas-etea.com/ and recommend asking him about some samplers.
[Reply]
cort 06:41 PM 06-07-2010
Bag ?

:-)
[Reply]
ucubed 06:57 PM 06-07-2010
I drink Asian teas so I can never tell you the brand or anything, but mainly I have been drinking Jasmine Green Tea... Chrysanthemum is a good summer tea...
[Reply]
Eleven 06:38 PM 07-27-2010
I think any Black Tea is going to be great with a smoke. I love me some Earl Grey!
[Reply]
Marcello 04:10 AM 12-03-2013
Morrocan Mint - very strong, with some gunpowder green tea chucked in for good meausure. A fantastic detox.
[Reply]
Up